Coral Vue Hydros

Karisma's tiny tank....New coral!

karisma

1 hour ago, Penguin Reef said:

Do it! Definitely worth the cash for an AI prime. It’s my favorite piece of equipment on my current nano. 

Thats what i was thinking. Still on the fence though. My asta 20 is doing a great job!

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, karisma said:

Better picture of the goby.

1583130968886-1664684968.jpg

Have you go a pistol shrimp buddy for him/her? The do a lot better with a pistol to make stable burrows for them and dig them out when needed. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Picogoby said:

Have you go a pistol shrimp buddy for him/her? The do a lot better with a pistol to make stable burrows for them and dig them out when needed. 

I havent got one yet but i will. My lfs has a few so ill grab one on payday.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Cute little fish, can't wait to add mine

Thanks man. I love him. Hes pretty cute

So small. Im glad got him when i did before anyone else coild get him. Are you waiting for yoir cycle to complete ?

Just now, karisma said:

Thanks man. I love him. Hes pretty cute

So small. Im glad got him when i did before anyone else coild get him. Are you waiting for yoir cycle to complete ?

Office tank, additions Monday or Tuesdays only so I can monitor before abandoning over the weekend

7 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Office tank, additions Monday or Tuesdays only so I can monitor before abandoning over the weekend

Do you have a lid? Stops jumpers and helps reduce evaporated water

1 hour ago, karisma said:

Do you have a lid? Stops jumpers and helps reduce evaporated water

I do, it's the original Fluval one so not great. Not a great fan out it as does really drive up the temp and gets a fair bit of salt creep

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

I do, it's the original Fluval one so not great. Not a great fan out it as does really drive up the temp and gets a fair bit of salt creep

I hear you.  I dont like my ĺid either. But i love not having to top off three times a day lol

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

That a a simple ato system. I wonder if they are available in canada?. I think my water level in the tank is too low for me to use it. I need to get my water level up with a simple piece of plastic or order a surface skimmer attachment.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, karisma said:

That a a simple ato system. I wonder if they are available in canada?. I think my water level in the tank is too low for me to use it. I need to get my water level up with a simple piece of plastic or order a surface skimmer attachment.

Probably are to be honest, I was going to use the Rabbits Water Bottle method, then saw these for so much cheaper and dont have the issues of metal in the reef tank

14 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Hows everything looking today?

Ok for the most part. Getting some algae on the sandbed. I think its cause i keep my lights on for like 10-12 hrs. I gotta cut that back. Iys just hard when you wanna view the tank in the evening..

• Like 1
SaltyGallon

That antenna goby is really nice. What did you do re lighting? The Asta looks like it's kicking out a fair amount of light tbf, but Primes really are fantastic. 😎

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Azur said:

That antenna goby is really nice. What did you do re lighting? The Asta looks like it's kicking out a fair amount of light tbf, but Primes really are fantastic. 😎

Thanks bud. The goby is the perfect size for 4 gallons of water! i use 100% blue channels and 30% Whiteman i dont use the red and green channel. The asta is kick ass but i would like to upgrade to a prime

Maybe sometime soon. Until then the asta 20 will do the job...

On a side note my antenna goby likes flake food over mysis. He will eat the mysis but he goes crazy for this type of flake.

1584623385560-1422787681.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/19/2020 at 6:17 AM, Azur said:

Asta looks like it's kicking out a fair amount of light tbf, but Primes really are fantastic. 😎

The asta is ok. Im thinking about the prime for growth mostly. Plus they are just so up to date on everything. The asta is limited. 

• Like 1