inTank Media Baskets

Karisma's tiny tank....New coral!

karisma

43 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

As with all our live stock it is hard to predict how any one creature will act. I don’t think it would happen enough to keep you up at night.

Your probably right on point there deb. Ive never owned one so i had no idea if they snap there claw shut more often or not

But i think its natural for he shrimp and goby to be together so im going to try it. Maybe they will make a home up front in the tank. Just hope my lfs still has one!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Cocktail stick or rubber band

Rubber band i can understand wrapping it to a piece of live rock rubble. But what about this cocktail stick? 

On 4/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, karisma said:

Hmm really hey....ok maybe ill try to  get my hands on some crab roe. Mix it with a bit of my food. I was also thinking about getting a pistol shrimp for him as well. Maybe he would feel safer perhaps? 

Found a food size guide, I belive that the goby eats zooplankton. 

feeding-1-2.jpg.a52ab728fdd5d77c8e635880e968222e.jpg

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Found a food size guide, I belive that the goby eats zooplankton. 

feeding-1-2.jpg.a52ab728fdd5d77c8e635880e968222e.jpg

Wow. The zooplankton is a lot smaller then mysis shrimp. I hope he will eat it. Im hoping one or both my two local fish stores carry it. If not im sure they will order it in for me. Thanks for the scale and input ratvan! 

• Like 1
On 4/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, karisma said:

Hmm really hey....ok maybe ill try to  get my hands on some crab roe. Mix it with a bit of my food. I was also thinking about getting a pistol shrimp for him as well. Maybe he would feel safer perhaps? 

Pair with a shrimp to gain more confidence. He will probably hover with his body half out once he has a shrimp partner.

7 hours ago, Picogoby said:

Pair with a shrimp to gain more confidence. He will probably hover with his body half out once he has a shrimp partner.

I am going to check my lfs and see if i can find one. Thanks for the input! 

• Like 1

Fruitloops!  Not all opened up yet but itll do for a quick pic. Ill take a better one later. They aren't to happy from the walk home fron my lfs lol

1587134788164232086459.jpg

• Like 2

I think im going to grow them out so ill probably leave them on the plugs. Then once they are filling up ill put them all close together and make a garden :)

• Like 1