SaltCritters.com

Karisma's tiny tank....New coral!

karisma

2 hours ago, karisma said:

Sad to say it but your right. Little clown didnt have any room to swim. I think ill get a yellow clown goby or something that is small and perches. Or maybe a pom pom crab if in can ever find one LOL 

There is quite the range of nano Gobies out there, all of them have really unique characters. Liveaquaria is a good place to get ideas from, have a look at the 5g suitable fish for some ideas

• Like 1

Firefish goby is to big for this tank if im not mistaken. But my lfs is trying to sell me one. The tank is only s four gallon. But display might have two gallons swimming room minus the overflow sump area at the back plus the rock in the tank. 

Does he just want a sale or is he right and said one would be fine?

On 2/13/2020 at 4:44 PM, Tamberav said:

Adorable little tank! I also think you did the right thing with the clown. When the corals grow in, it takes even more swimming room away. 

Very true. Not much swimming room left over all said and done. I want an antenna goby or clown goby for the tanks only inhabitants besides the cuc.

48 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Tank looks good, whats prompted the change in lighting?

Growth mostly. I think ill get a lot more out of the prime. Still on the fence about it because I've really fell in love with this asta 20....

• Haha 1
Just now, karisma said:

Growth mostly. I think ill get a lot more out of the prime. Still on the fence about it because I've really fell in love with this asta 20....

its a shame you don't have two of the tanks to do a side by side comparison 😄

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

its a shame you don't have two of the tanks to do a side by side comparison 😄

Funny thing is the guy who sold me the tank had two of them lmao! id love to compare the two lights. See the growth 

• Haha 1

So i dont use a skimmer on my tank. So i been doing aboit 10% water changes weekly. Does anyone think this no too much or not enough? My bio load isn't that high as i have no fish. But i have three blue legged hermits and four turbo snails.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, karisma said:

Well i got my antenna goby. He loves the hole in the rock and hides a lot. He comes out for  mysis shrimp feedings though haha!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, karisma said:

Well i got my antenna goby. He loves the hole in the rock and hides a lot. He comes out for  mysis shrimp feedings though haha!

Photo's!!

Just now, karisma said:

Still debating if i should get a prime hd or just stick with the asta 20. Opinions? I dont plan to keep a lot of sps....

The Prime would be a future proof upgrade, if you add it when you upgrade to a larger tank you wont need to splash out on the lights again 

6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Photo's!!

The Prime would be a future proof upgrade, if you add it when you upgrade to a larger tank you wont need to splash out on the lights again 

True. Good point! I still just love rhe asta 20. Maybe keep it as a back up a d fork out the cash for a prime.

• Like 2