Pod Your Reef

5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢

ECLS Reefer

On 3/26/2020 at 11:45 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

I can’t say enough about how this little tank is truly a miracle in motion. I’m by no means smart or experienced enough to have caused this tank to look like this— this is completely a lucky strike.

21CDDEDC-AC33-4558-963D-687FB638364E.png

Looks great! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer

I should change the name of this tank to “365 days of husband in love with tailspot blenny” 😂. I don’t plan on adding anything else to this tank, but I do wish my rastas and blue eyed blondes would get bigger quicker. Everything else in there is trucking along with new growth, even the leptastrea. But not those two. 

PeakaBoo is pretty darn cute with his pot belly and side eye. 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

This tank is still cooking along, but I did lose Peppe Le Pew Saturday. Not sure what happened though I assume it was a food issue since no fish would allow him to clean him, and even though I feed that tank well to heavily, he still kicked off. ☹️

AAD70A06-3E61-4286-896F-D934C4FEEDEC.jpeg

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

I’ve got little zoa and paly babies all over!!! And the GSP is spreading like crazy! Tank is looking amazing!!

• Like 4

Really pretty photo! This inspires me to get off my lazy butt and add some frags to my 6g. Since I can't just go to the LFS all the time and look for goodies... I decided to frag my own stuff for the pico but been so lazy (when home)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

Really pretty photo! This inspires me to get off my lazy butt and add some frags to my 6g. Since I can't just go to the LFS all the time and look for goodies... I decided to frag my own stuff for the pico but been so lazy (when home)!

I think it’s completely understandable right now if you’re lazy when you get home!!! How you even keep up with your tanks right now is amazing anyway. My stuff probably suffers more from me being home every single day than when I leave for a while. You stay safe and rest up!

oh and thanks for the compliment! I’m not sure why this little tank lends itself to good pictures but it’s been easy since I got that little Asta 20 light. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Your tank is doing amazing. So much growth already.

I am still amazed at how this little tank has just .... done.... without me really doing anything. I plopped the stuff in and stuck a different light on the top but that’s pretty much it. I wish my other two tanks had been so simple. 

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer

God almighty this virus sucks!!!! So sick of the self isolating, the kids not in school, the worry about finances (as I spend a ton more money on fish stuff 😱😱) the boredom and the paranoia of did my husband pick it up at work or have I???? I can’t wait for it to die down and life return to some normalcy. 

At any rate, while sitting here pondering how much I’d like to just go back to sleep, I noticed that the aiptasia I tried to kill a week ago is BACK. 🤬. So I broke out the Aiptasia X again, and tried again. Unfortunately they are growing from inside the barnacle so it’s difficult to truly get the stuff in their face. Next time if they don’t die I may have to take the barnacle out physically and scrape them out. 

Otherwise everything is looking good, though I still haven’t learned the knack of top down shots. The rhodactis shroom is getting huge on the backside of the tank!

Seriously, go away Covid 19. 

624C3E46-AA09-4837-A8ED-89B822D8EBC8.thumb.jpeg.b70a7c1d31bdbe2866dcb8d279eb2c6b.jpeg

• Like 6
ECLS Reefer

Man I love the top down view on the Challenge Tank when I can get a good one. The GSP/zoa mountain especially makes me happy 😊

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

So today I ordered a new herd of sexy shrimp for this tank, since ALL of the others were taken up in a shrimp rapture. Haven’t the slightest  idea what happened- they were just all gone one day. Got a couple of bumble bee snails, and a black margarita coming too. Not much in the way of additions since this tank is pretty much maxed out. 

• Like 6
ECLS Reefer
25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Tank is looking very pretty and so full of life 😍

Well at the least the fish are happy with me! PeakaBoo and the two GBGs do well together. But I was bummed to have my sexies disappear- lucky to find a supplier right now. Hope they will go right back to work being sexies and not disappear on me this time.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Did you ever notice the sexies bothering zoa.s or SPS. Not that I have any SPS yet. 

Not really bothering them no- they might stand on the zoas and palys but they didn’t make them close. There’s no SPS in there and won’t be. The only aberration to the plan of zoas, GSP, palys ans shrooms was the leptastrea and I don’t actually remember them getting on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

But I was bummed to have my sexies disappear- lucky to find a supplier right now. 

Where'd you order from? I'm in need of bumblebees and have always wanted a few sexies to play in my RFAs. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

Where'd you order from? I'm in need of bumblebees and have always wanted a few sexies to play in my RFAs. 

AquariumFishSales.com. The only problem I have had with them was the blue star leopards kept dying but everything else was excellent. They tried to help me out with the leopard too if you remember. Good company- @StinkyBunny recommended. 

Now, you better buy from them quick because they were almost completely out of stock of everything 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

Okay @kimberbee I got the little circulation pump installed. I'm super disappointed that I couldn't hide it better ☹️

IMG_1299.thumb.jpeg.b22dcff3dd46ecc35821603a449ca254.jpegIMG_1297.thumb.jpeg.0e68feb1eca39c5b56a1bfce6240598b.jpeg

But at least I can see PeakaBoo trying to figure out what all this new flow is in his tank. 😊😊

IMG_1301.thumb.jpeg.7469b0479e81992297e035069d2bb861.jpeg

IMG_1300.thumb.jpeg.07922a4ff6137968a360d0c7eeed6eca.jpeg

• Like 4
On 4/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

Man I love the top down view on the Challenge Tank when I can get a good one. The GSP/zoa mountain especially makes me happy 😊

looks great! 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

looks great! 😀

Those weren't the best pictures-definitely doesn't do justice to what I can see just sitting here. I'm glad this little tank has been such an easy keeper.

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Decent little pumps, but not exactly easy to try and hide are they? Tank looks really good and i always enjoy seeing peek

No, I was hoping to wedge it in under the AIO or beside it but it's too wide ☹️. It "kind of" blends in at the top there because of the native outflow nozzle.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

No, I was hoping to wedge it in under the AIO or beside it but it's too wide ☹️. It "kind of" blends in at the top there because of the native outflow nozzle.

I tried to do the same with my rockwork, misjudged it by about 4mm

Tie some macro around it? lol

• Haha 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢