Jump to content
ECLS Reefer

Le Dirté’s Flirting with Divorce 🙊 365 AIO Challenge- January FTS and Photos

Recommended Posts

ECLS Reefer

This tank is an easy keeper. Everything still looks great, and fish and the Sexy Quartet are all hanging and happy!
 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Wingy
18 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

No I’ve seen them shoot across the tank like little red and white streaks 😂. Or hop from one place to the next. 

Popcorn shrimp.  😄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
ef4life

All of your tanks look so good. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, ef4life said:

All of your tanks look so good. 

Thank you! Hopefully I don’t screw it all up tomorrow morning when I upgrade the big one 😬🤞🏼

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

June Full Tank shots. Nothing much to report- fish are all doing well, the Sexy Quartet is still alive and swaying. The blue eyed blondes grow so well and quickly, while the Rastas are slow as molasses in January. Same with the orange bam bam. The Iron Man/Nirvana frag looks great and need to find it a place somewhere not on the frag holder, but will get to that eventually. Battling aiptasias weekly-- little jerks do NOT leave when asked.

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

June Full Tank shots. Nothing much to report- fish are all doing well, the Sexy Quartet is still alive and swaying. The blue eyed blondes grow so well and quickly, while the Rastas are slow as molasses in January. Same with the orange bam bam. The Iron Man/Nirvana frag looks great and need to find it a place somewhere not on the frag holder, but will get to that eventually. Battling aiptasias weekly-- little jerks do NOT leave when asked.

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

Looks great. 😊

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks great. 😊

It's the happiest, easiest no frills little tank, and the stuff has filled in so pretty. I love seeing it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

This tank looks awesome. Great job.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

How is the TSB in here?

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108
12 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It's the happiest, easiest no frills little tank, and the stuff has filled in so pretty. I love seeing it.

 

yeah that is one thing great about nano is they do fill in nice. great job on the Zoas  hopefully mine take off that that soon.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

How is the TSB in here?

He seems happy. He ranges all over the tank, hides and perches in and on all the corals. Especially likes hiding between the GSP and big zoa mound. Peak is a cute little fish and I love watching him pop up out of nowhere. 

 

1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

 

yeah that is one thing great about nano is they do fill in nice. great job on the Zoas  hopefully mine take off that that soon.

 

I’ve been shocked since the moment I started this tank up at how it just... ran... without any problems or need for intervention from me. Definitely shows the benefit of live rocks, sand and seasoned water. It never had a cycle, hasn’t shown me any uglies. Only pesky problem is the Aiptasia which is like a chronic diabetic toe I can’t fix. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

Some shots of the Challenge Tank. A couple of ful and partial full tank shots. Random shots from around the tank of the sexy quartet, the GBG twins and PeakaBoo. This little tank is doing so well and is so very easy to take care of!! I wish they were all three as easy as this one. 
 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

Sad, sad heartbreaking news 😭😭😭. Got home to find my poor PeakaBoo dead and mostly consumed and am missing one GBG. The only thing I can think that would have thrown the tank off would be that I pulled the bag of phosguard/carbon Friday when I did the weekly water change. I didn’t feel it was doing all that much for the tank and wanted to run it dirty, with just it’s own power. Big, critical mistake I guess. 
 

Did a 100% water change, ammonia had appeared with the death, so also dosed a little Prime and put the bag of phosguard/carbon back in. I’m so sick my poor little PeakaBoo is gone 😭😭😭😭😭😭

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Sorry about the fish

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry about the fish

Thank you. Today I've lost all fish in that tank. I'm not sure why; the corals look fantastic as always, and all the invertebrates look fine. Even the sensitive sexy shrimp are fine. So I'm not sure what could have killed the fish so suddenly and all together. Considering the tank is fully of zoas and palys, is it possible there could have been a palytoxin incident? When running the chemistry last night the only item that shouldn't have been present was slight bump in ammonia which was understandable with dead fish. The phosphates were high again without the bag of phosguard, but nothing else was out of whack. So I'm stumped as to why it killed my fish off, and what that will do to any future fish I might secure. Of course no one has tail spots right now since they're always popular and we are still having the limited shipments internationally, so stock is down. 

 

So yeah I'm super confused as to what happened to the fish, but spared all the inverts and has the corals as happy as usual.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Dam that is strange. I have no idea what did in the fish but all other live stock is good. Hopefully some one might have an idea. I wouldn't rush to replace the fish yet. You may never know for sure. Still a couple weeks of regular W/C and testing seem to be called for before any additions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Dam that is strange. I have no idea what did in the fish but all other live stock is good. Hopefully some one might have an idea. I wouldn't rush to replace the fish yet. You may never know for sure. Still a couple weeks of regular W/C and testing seem to be called for before any additions.

It could also have been over heating. Been struggling with the heater now that summer has hit, because my bedroom tends to want to be hot. Have been scheduling the heater on and off every other hour. But it could be that while I was gone all day, it overheated. 
 

Since I don’t know and because I’m truly an idiot and forgot I had two extra heater controllers 🤦🏽‍♀️ I just broke one out and put it on the heater. The little heater has no internal thermostat so it’s either on or off, which has been the problem. Hopefully the finnex controller will keep things in line now. I can’t believe I haven’t just used it before now (so dumb!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

Today I’ve noticed that the tank is staying a nice even 77.5 ish degrees, thanks to the finnex controller. I could kick myself for not using it to begin with. Sure miss my little PeakaBoo and the GBGs 😩

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
On 6/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

It could also have been over heating. Been struggling with the heater now that summer has hit, because my bedroom tends to want to be hot. Have been scheduling the heater on and off every other hour. But it could be that while I was gone all day, it overheated. 
 

Since I don’t know and because I’m truly an idiot and forgot I had two extra heater controllers 🤦🏽‍♀️ I just broke one out and put it on the heater. The little heater has no internal thermostat so it’s either on or off, which has been the problem. Hopefully the finnex controller will keep things in line now. I can’t believe I haven’t just used it before now (so dumb!)

Any idea what the temps were ?  so you thrown a controller on it now........... :wink:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Any idea what the temps were ?  so you thrown a controller on it now........... :wink:

yes now. Too late for my fish ☹️ What’s weird though is no invert was hurt by it. No water chemistry was off. It had to be the heat. And I couldn’t say how high- when I got home it was 82. Guess it could have been in excess of that while I was gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

yes now. Too late for my fish ☹️ What’s weird though is no invert was hurt by it. No water chemistry was off. It had to be the heat. And I couldn’t say how high- when I got home it was 82. Guess it could have been in excess of that while I was gone. 

82 isnt bad................ I had a garage tank that would run at that all the time,.........never lost a fish..........

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

82 isnt bad................ I had a garage tank that would run at that all the time,.........never lost a fish..........

 

 

Yeah I can’t say. I just got home and two were already gone and the last little

goby looked bad. No other idea than maybe paly toxin because of all the zoas and palys competing with GSP and mushrooms. A complete frustrating mystery 

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

So. Today was stressful to say the least. Got notification that I might get called in at 5am. Got called in to work at 7am something. Did NOT want to get out of bed. Dragged myself to work, where around 1230ish got a frantic call from my husband that the heater had exploded in the challenge tank, and smoke was pouring out of the AIO chambers. 😳😱😱😱😱😱.

 

My husband being the reef and fish lover that he secretly is, he quickly rescued the two new tank occupants and got them to the 120g sump, where he felt sure the file fish would die. He said it was super shocked and swimming upside down, getting sucked to the return weir guard. The little scooter was fine. He felt sure the sexy shrimp were all dead. Because he also likes to pretend he doesn’t pay attention to anything I do or know how to take care of the tanks (mmhmm 😑), he got the busted up heater out quickly and did a 100% water change. 
 

HE SAVED THE TANK!!! 😱😱😱😱 He saved both fish (both alive and well when I got home) and at least one sexy shrimp!!! Snails and hermits also still alive, and corals look pretty good considering they were cold. There is a weird chaff like/diatom thing going on with the sand, so I did another 100% water change. The water chemistry was only off on the kh, but the ph was still fine. So question is- do I chase the KH or just watch it? 
 

I’m so thankful he was able to intervene so quickly! Imagine if neither of us were home 😱😱😱. Thank god he saved the tank!

 

 

2C0B2726-63B4-4479-928D-DDB2DFBB3F0D.jpeg

AEFC9366-9D32-4B51-9346-3C20AC124BB8.jpeg

B6DB3AFF-6D21-476D-9797-C09EFF2A5F32.jpeg

9AB743D7-4D84-4FC9-834D-C6745175E6F5.jpeg

4C4D4941-E27A-4EFB-88F6-4284150FA1DB.jpeg

DFBD80EC-01F3-459A-9241-1950500408F9.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Super husband to the rescue! I hope he is getting a special dinner soon, maybe steak or what ever his favorite is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ef4life

That’s awesome your husband was able to save your tank, that’s crazy about that heater. That could have been so much worse than a fried tank

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...