SaltCritters.com

5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢

ECLS Reefer

ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

That name gets my vote. The others are complicated to pronounce. 

I also have been tossing around Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon.

8 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

La Muerte Roja

........Breath fire like dragon!

Well................not going to say it..............:lol:

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well................not going to say it..............:lol:

It’s a boy dragonet. Why would I name it a female connotation? 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It’s a boy dragonet. Why would I name it a female connotation? 

How dare you decide how El Muerte Roja identifies.  Maybe he’s a fluid dragon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

How dare you decide how El Muerte Roja identifies.  Maybe he’s a fluid dragon.  

Well for starters, you originally put "La Muerte Roja"' not "le". So don't be changing your story. But it's not a bad name on the whole. I'll consider it.

ECLS Reefer
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

It’s a flippen fish 

Hey man names are super important when you're on mandated 15 days off from work for 5 damn more days. It's one of the only things I get to really obsess over and be picky about since I can't spend money, can't go out and can't go to work. I mean it's about to come to me burying the husband in the backyard, which will be a full day's entertainment, but I'll still need a name for the fish.

ECLS Reefer
23 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Smaug is easier to pronounce - although, Falcor as mentioned by Wingy sounds pretty neat too. :happy:

I like Smaug too. Mushu is cute and Toothless has been considered. Maybe that’s the top three? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I like Smaug too. Mushu is cute and Toothless has been considered. Maybe that’s the top three? 

Sriracha 

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer

Well, as per my current luck this week and for my record so far at introducing ruby scooters to this tank, woke up find all the nassarius snails on top of He Who Never Got a Name like a pack of jackals. 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

D20E0C5A-FE67-4FDD-AB18-E3F715AD99F0.thumb.jpeg.60ab0b7f0a00039e6bb05c9594d284c2.jpeg

Husband (who has SEVERE cabin fever now and is off and on angry at the world about it) told me I could go buy a coral. Went to the LFS which is a drive that had some gorgeous deep red trachyphyllia in stock— forgot they aren’t open on Monday 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ DAMN YOU MONDAY

4DC7E2EC-350E-4A9B-B324-1975FB85FA28.jpeg.9e3a43329fd37d4651a5a1dc0eb8d88a.jpeg

So. Removed two of the nassari-jackals and put them in the Evo. Went to the *other* LFS down there street that was open and bought a huge blue/green poccillopora. And some shebunkins for my pond. And some pond plants. Split said humongous poccillopora into a whole bunch of smaller chunks because I don’t know what the hell Im doing, and almost killed a little SPS crab living inside the branches in the process. (Hope he survives 😬) Put some of the pieces in the Challenge tank, the Evo and the SCA because it truly was a big coral. 

So far I’ve got polyp extension on all the pieces even the tiniest, in all three tanks.

Dude at the LFS whom I trust said it’s quite possible the scooters are getting caught nappin on the sand by the nassari-jackals and not managing to get away. Not gonna be adding anything in there for a while. Really, REALLY bummed about this second one— he was doing so so well, super active and eating well. So mad at the damn snails. And myself for I guess not feeding them enough? Letting them get too big? I don’t know. I’ve got cabin fever too and I’m actually getting annoyed looking at my tanks. They’re doing well but seriously. QUIT EATING MY DAMN FISH, SNAILS

3217A73A-CBE5-4DC9-93EE-45EAC49DC64D.gif.d4d32bc8d50fac5f5bb9076b8101cfde.gif

• Sad 2
ECLS Reefer

Pictures of the poccillopora bits and pieces I stuck in the tank today. They do bring a lot

of color to the tank. Not sure if I will leave them there permanently or put them in the Evo/SCA over time. Just decided to spread the wealth today.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Got the little single frag holders in from OceanBox Designs today and am so

happy with them! I also got a teeny weeny glass cleaner that is perfect for this little tank- it fits in the rounded corners and scrapes all the algae out, no problem. Glad they had this nano nano cleaner for my little tank! 

Looking good in there! Super happy with how it’s going. Have water change day tomorrow, but otherwise this tank requires little effort to run. Eventually I’ll be able to remove the media bag with the carbon and phosguard in it, but I’m nervous to do so until all these little frags are done growing some. 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

I can’t say enough about how this little tank is truly a miracle in motion. I’m by no means smart or experienced enough to have caused this tank to look like this— this is completely a lucky strike.

21CDDEDC-AC33-4558-963D-687FB638364E.png

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer

Challenge tank is looking good! The little poccillopora frags aren’t as happy as they were initially, but I made them a big angry when I decided to glue them to a frag plug yesterday. Got tired of picking pieces up all the time when the CUC knocked them

down. 

Full tank shot today too. All four sexy shrimp are still going strong! Love this busy little tank!

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢