SaltCritters.com

5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢

ECLS Reefer

1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’ve heard such mixed reviews? Does it cycle a tank instantly? 🤔

After much research, I can assure you it does.

-You can also just pee in your tank. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

After much research, I can assure you it does.

-You can also just pee in your tank. 

But can I put a lion fish in there?

Okay @kimberbee got the new heater that goes with the AIO system and installed it. If it works like it says it should I’ll pull the big heater out tomorrow. 

71EDBCBE-1823-4B0D-ADDF-62F4852AF6DC.thumb.jpeg.ed7af8ad14e98afd6df4a47b1158c117.jpeg

7C3ED885-788F-44FB-AC82-625B1CDEA2A5.thumb.jpeg.2a72440a75b325182e8c428a4e36a81b.jpeg

In other news, Peak a Boo is playing his game 😊

9611804F-808D-4C58-9B97-D8F6885217A2.thumb.jpeg.43b48ee0a3e94e2c1b67f132b7130cbe.jpeg

96FDBBCC-7287-49F1-A444-B82B5D75D807.thumb.jpeg.54ea490b3c5a6490e559eda6a1d95e9c.jpeg

Peppy le Pew is a crazy active shrimp which I love, the sexy shrimp pair is pretty active as well. I’m deeply leaning toward getting some more of those little dudes. 

The GSP has finally decided to start opening. 

ACBC1809-A6B2-45B0-9FF9-45DBE7422EAE.thumb.jpeg.f7ca579073ab68d4b04cb4b6437d33d7.jpeg

Oh and I want to try and make a DIY ATO system. Any easy suggestions? I refuse to buy another Smart micro when this tank is so small, but I’m noticing with the warmer days this week it is having noticeable evap. 

242851CE-3C34-4111-B398-E9B7B4FD6BF4.jpeg

• Like 4

Broke down and did two things today: water changes for all following weekly testing and ordered an ATO for the new tank. Cannot see a way to mount a hamster bottle anywhere that wouldn’t look super conspicuous so just gave in. I think I can at least hide the guts and water reservoir in the bookcase. 

Got the big heater out- the little AquaTop nano is working just like it’s supposed to. 

• Like 5

Okay one last surprise for this tank coming Friday.

After that, hopefully, I may add more zoas and different types of mushrooms, though I do prefer the colorful ricordeas. The GSP is finally fully opening during the day and looking good, and the two fair sized zoa colonies look good, but I have plenty of space to add more stuff to spread out. Maybe even a good RFA. Maybe two? Anyway, that's the color plan for the future. MOAR zoas and shrooms. MOAR GSP. I mean hey- we have a year to add color to the tank so I've got plenty of time. 

• Like 3

Ta daaaaaaa!!! Green banded gobies and some new shrooms, GSP, ans zoas for the challenge tank! I’m so in love with this little tank! 

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, saliferous502 said:

Already saw the IG post...... 😍😍

Cheater! Lol. Have to post to IG to get videos on here. Wish NR allowed iPhone video uploads directly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, spectra said:

hopefully you have a lid................those little guys and gals jump.............

I lost 2 when I had my 10 gallon with them in it............

It has a glass lid but it does have two little gaps on the corners so you can get your fingers in to lift it, and the tiniest gap on the sides. I’ve been wondering how to address it 🤔

1 minute ago, saliferous502 said:

That barnacle rock is really cool. Where’d you find it? 

Amazon. It’s a barnacle cluster- I have one in the big tank’s DT for the starry blenny, one in the sump for the bicolor blenny and this one for the TSB. I think they were like $12-14 a piece? They weren’t too bad. Arrived well wrapped and no cracks.

• Like 2

Okay does anyone have any suggestion that will still look nice and yet cover up the small gaps around the glass lid for the challenge tank? I’m worried about the gobies exiting said tank. They’re small enough they definitely could.

A6123D9D-30ED-40BC-B1C0-4146BE470C7F.thumb.jpeg.b5b6b576703c1d9f0378873e4d86d978.jpeg

Can’t help myself, this has just come together to be my favorite tank!

• Like 4

Looks great! 

'

My AIO has something plastic the glass sits on around the edges. It reminded me of molding...

Like this: 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stabilit-852-1-2-in-x-3-4-in-x-96-in-PVC-Composite-White-Outside-Corner-Moulding-10004-ZW096CB/205347157

That is a terrible pic... looks more like:

23d7f85c8381910d9ad6bd965e1d159c.jpg

May be able to cut it with scissors to trim down excess and fit it around the glass ends. Maybe a dab of silicone between the molding and the lid to hold it however far out you need to cover the space. 

My experience with greenbandeds is they WILL jump out eventually or go into the back chambers. They are hyperactive and always in trouble. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Looks great! 

'

My AIO has something plastic the glass sits on around the edges. It reminded me of molding...

Like this: 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stabilit-852-1-2-in-x-3-4-in-x-96-in-PVC-Composite-White-Outside-Corner-Moulding-10004-ZW096CB/205347157

That is a terrible pic... looks more like:

23d7f85c8381910d9ad6bd965e1d159c.jpg

May be able to cut it with scissors to trim down excess and fit it around the glass ends. Maybe a dab of silicone between the molding and the lid to hold it however far out you need to cover the space. 

My experience with greenbandeds is they WILL jump out eventually or go into the back chambers. They are hyperactive and always in trouble. 

They can’t get in the AIO chamber this time it’s got a lid that pops in tight. I wonder if I can find those plastic trim pieces at Lowe’s 🤔 Been using a Kleenex box over the end with the feeding holes and hoping for the best on the side cracks. 

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Craft mesh trim? 

What would that look like?

11 minutes ago, ef4life said:

This might work for your lid gap

Door edge

Oh yeah that looks like a good idea! I was gonna hit Home Depot like Tamberav suggested but I can see if they have that edge guard too.

• Like 1

I think I fixed the lid gap problem today. I could find the exact products suggested but decided to try cutting clear flex hose, which has worked. There’s still a small gap at the end where you are supposed to feed but I can block those with the algae clip and cleaner magnets. 

EF87CC88-122D-4D72-8650-0FDAE1CAB1A4.thumb.jpeg.112206dc0bd12019a449a698cd6a61dd.jpeg

Now problem will be heat. Will have to watch the temps closely so I dont cook anyone.

Have a shipment of inverts coming soon (maybe tomorrow!) containing: two more sexy shrimp, two more smaller nassarius, two more astreas, and a blue ricordea mushroom. I hope it’s large enough to take up the one empty place remaining, and then be able to sit back and watch everything fill in! I also have two porcelain crabs coming, one for the Evo and it’s nems and I may put the other in this tank, for the cute activity. 

• Like 5
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢