Innovative Marine Aquariums

5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢

ECLS Reefer

ECLS Reefer
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I tried to do the same with my rockwork, misjudged it by about 4mm

Tie some macro around it? lol

Uh, you know my record with macro. Although this tank is definitely the dirtiest little tank. (You dirty little tank you). The water was greenish/brown the other day when I went to test it. So macro might like that tank. Just finding pretty macro right now might be a slight challenge.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Uh, you know my record with macro. Although this tank is definitely the dirtiest little tank. (You dirty little tank you). The water was greenish/brown the other day when I went to test it. So macro might like that tank. Just finding pretty macro right now might be a slight challenge.

I'd debating buying a branching hammer coral so I can get a Nassarius, Astrea and Cerith snail shipped to me...... thats how well things are going here lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

I'd debating buying a branching hammer coral so I can get a Nassarius, Astrea and Cerith snail shipped to me...... thats how well things are going here lol 

Oh no I feel you. Shipping in the US is always around $30/40 extra bucks so I usually try to spend just enough to get the free shipping (which is a lot 🤦🏽‍♀️). 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I had the same thought.  I unfortunately I can't find any small ones.  I got the last 2 snails at a big box pet store and they are useless.  

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
22 minutes ago, Wingy said:

I had the same thought.  I unfortunately I can't find any small ones.  I got the last 2 snails at a big box pet store and they are useless.  

I got a call today at work- couldn’t answer- that my sexy shrimp won’t be coming to me 😢. I guess the vendor or breeder said they’re too small and not ready. 

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I got a call today at work- couldn’t answer- that my sexy shrimp won’t be coming to me 😢. I guess the vendor or breeder said they’re too small and not ready. 

Sad day about he sexy shrimp. I named my last one Sherman the Sexy shrimp they are so cool. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Nothing much to report. Have noticed a lot more film algae on the glass lately, and this tank has always had issues with being dirtier. I only feed it once a day, with a mixture of frozen/Phyto/zoo/reef roids/spirulina and pods. Pretty rich diet for broadcast feeding to make everyone happy, but I guess it’s still too much? Phosguard and carbon don’t really help much so I will probably quit wasting it in there. 

Peak has been people watching tonight

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

So haven’t updated this tank for a while. Got a few shots Mother’s Day. It’s ticking along but have developed an issue with the heater over heating the tank. Thankfully nothing died when I found the tank was 86 degrees the other day 😱😱😱. Now I have the heater on a timer running for an hour, alternating hours, and it at least doesn’t over heat but does have swings. Not sure what to do about it. Thinking about a new lid that’s a screen instead of glass. Thank goodness it’s a tank full of shrooms and zoas and they didn’t care.  

Stuff is still looking nice and full and growing in there. Rearranged a little yesterday and added two new frags today- an iron man/nirvana combo and some orange bam bams. The way some of the are growing the tank will fill in quickly so I hope these get nice and colorful. 

And my May full tank shot!! 
6D31FEB6-6724-4442-9506-C1D81BEE910A.thumb.jpeg.5d3f296fabdd0893ec0a8c7effb30df7.jpeg

D71A5AF1-5B5D-4B4A-86BD-0E504E7FACB9.thumb.jpeg.f4a5f3da622661fb38f6ebf60a093d33.jpeg

4E19854F-B169-41D4-A1EC-6E651339279A.thumb.jpeg.e9edd2c1087a5348d10983e9393232f7.jpeg

• Like 10
ECLS Reefer

Finally got in a sexy shrimp today after waiting a month. Sadly only one ☹️. Also added a couple of bumble bee snails. 

The new zoas are being a little slow to open but look promising! 

Iron man zoa

Vivids nervana zoa

Orange bam bam zoa

• Like 6

looking great!

I cant wait to add sexies to my little tank been waiting for so long...

seeing your photography I need to get out my "good" camera and start taking proper phots. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
23 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

looking great!

I cant wait to add sexies to my little tank been waiting for so long...

seeing your photography I need to get out my "good" camera and start taking proper phots. 

I got three more sexies today!! My LFS happened to have six 😂. They’re so microscopic the poor things I hope they do well. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I got three more sexies today!! My LFS happened to have six 😂. They’re so microscopic the poor things I hope they do well. 

me too!

get a pic when/if  you can!

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

me too!

get a pic when/if  you can!

I have to find the little bitty things first!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I have to find the little bitty things first!

well I hope they grow up to be a major part of your little reef!

• Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer

Drum roll please!!!!! Back after much popular demand, waving those tails to music only can hear, jumpin jivin but not wailin, The Flirtin With Divorce Sexy Quartet!!!!

62A284F9-68CA-4AE7-92E8-C400EF2BCB9B.jpeg

0A0EEBFF-1041-4612-96EE-DF6DF01DED18.jpeg

• Like 8
ECLS Reefer

PeakaBoo is still king of the little tank and the zoas. The GBGs are also doing well. The new sexy shrimp quartet seem to have settled in, so now the tank is full of activity and life again. 

• Like 7

I love those sexy shrimp! It's been so long since I had mine I'd forgotten how much fun they are. Definitely going to look for a few for when I start my 20g tank.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
47 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I love those sexy shrimp! It's been so long since I had mine I'd forgotten how much fun they are. Definitely going to look for a few for when I start my 20g tank.

They are super hard to find right now!! I ordered from an online dealer and was only able to get one shipped because they’re evidently resorting to captive breeding them now. I lucked out that one of my LFS had some.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

They are super hard to find right now!! I ordered from an online dealer and was only able to get one shipped because they’re evidently resorting to captive breeding them now. I lucked out that one of my LFS had some.

Yeah, they've always been rare in my area too. KP Aquatics has been a good source in the past but I see they're out of stock too.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

These sexy shrimp are masters of cammo!! PeakaBoo too, likes to hide in the GSP and then pop up out of nowhere. 

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer
2 hours ago, Wingy said:

Have you seen them swim yet?  I have seen them propel themselves through the water almost like a porpoise.  

No I’ve seen them shoot across the tank like little red and white streaks 😂. Or hop from one place to the next. 

• Like 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢