Top Shelf Aquatics

5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢

ECLS Reefer

ECLS Reefer
Just now, devaji108 said:

man that tank is filling in so nice! you need to slow down and give the rest of us a chance to catch up...LOL 

So honestly, I have no place to glue these new frags. I stuck the leptastrea in one of the barnacle holes, and am waiting on some individual frag holders from OceanBox Designs to get here to hang the others up. I am truly, sadly, out of room! But that does mean there should be little to no more expenses on this tank anymore. Just let it grow.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
ECLS Reefer

WHHHYYYY won’t this blue ricordea stay where I want it to???? 😠😠😠😠😠

0E725A23-0450-4AEF-9E74-AD6DB256D5C4.thumb.jpeg.3c47965b42b05ea075dedcac18c67b8a.jpeg

Thing looks like a big blue booger. 

Caught some good pictures of He Who Has Not Been Named out and about. He’s about as happy with photos as Altuve his starry blenny cousin. Cruiser the mandarin isn’t super jazzed with pictures either— seems the clowns and PeakaBoo and the two wrasses are determined to photobomb and be center of attention while all the blennies want to know why I’m bothering them??

Oh and the leptastrea already looks AMAZING!! I can’t wait to see it start to spread!

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, MrsSancho said:

The ricordoa we have dont seem to open or cooperate    

That’s a bummer I love mine— and I’ve only had trouble with that one blue one. This is the second time it’s tried to ooze it’s way off the plug

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

That’s a bummer I love mine— and I’ve only had trouble with that one blue one. This is the second time it’s tried to ooze it’s way off the plug

Dont blame it..................frag plugs dont belong in the aquarium.................:slap:

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dont blame it..................frag plugs dont belong in the aquarium.................:slap:

Yes but I’ve never liked trying to glue the actual coral to stuff- I end up wearing most of the damn glue!! Like I said I ordered some neat single frag holders and I hope they don’t take forever to arrive. Got them for both this tank and the Evo for those SPS frags. Want to make sure I give those every chance to look good. I hope someday these zoas and those SPS frags can be split and moved to the SCA. I’m bummed my expensive and pretty trachyphyllia died while I was in NYC and my bubble coral, and right now I can’t find nice elegance corals to get. So hopefully this bunch of pretty stuff does well and I can move them over. 

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Like I said I ordered some neat single frag holders and I hope they don’t take forever to arrive. Got them for both this tank and the Evo for those SPS frags.

I have a sale going lol

ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I have a sale going lol

😬 but what’s your website? I ordered them from OceanBox Designs and they said they were back ordered but for this week. 

I am also deeply in need of a good teeny weeny glass cleaner/scraper for this little tank and it’s curved edges. I’m already starting to see some tough coralline trying to grow around the bottoms and those corners and I can’t fit the little Innovative Marine nano cleaner in that curve. Any ideas? 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
14 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

😬 but what’s your website? I ordered them from OceanBox Designs and they said they were back ordered but for this week. 

I am also deeply in need of a good teeny weeny glass cleaner/scraper for this little tank and it’s curved edges. I’m already starting to see some tough coralline trying to grow around the bottoms and those corners and I can’t fit the little Innovative Marine nano cleaner in that curve. Any ideas? 

I think aquatop or mag-float has a curved algae scraper

• Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
1 minute ago, ef4life said:

I just had a blue ricordea let go of its rock in my 40g tank, now it’s MIA. All the other color ricordea have been fine. 

I hate it when they do that hence why I made a box for mine lol

its probably wedged in a rock behind your aquascape

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I have boxes in my sump for loose shrooms, hopefully I find this one, I did a 10g wc today and vacuumed the sand and never seen it. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
53 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I think aquatop or mag-float has a curved algae scraper

I’ll have to look into that. The dirty glass is becoming a problem. 

42 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I guess I didn’t realize the point of boxes until today. I didn’t realize the things could decide to up and leave. I wonder where this blue booger is gonna decide to go and stay- I definitely have no room for a box in there.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’ll have to look into that. The dirty glass is becoming a problem. 

I guess I didn’t realize the point of boxes until today. I didn’t realize the things could decide to up and leave. I wonder where this blue booger is gonna decide to go and stay- I definitely have no room for a box in there.

check my build thread I have a small 2"x2" box for my shrooms in the contest tank

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Hmmmm..... you could get a tank without round corners? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Hmmmm..... you could get a tank without round corners? 

🤦🏽‍♀️ DAMN why didn’t I think of that?! 

In other news, Durleene says stop sniffing the gold spray paint Daddy Jack.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

🤦🏽‍♀️ DAMN why didn’t I think of that?! 

In other news, Durleene says stop sniffing the gold spray paint Daddy Jack.

042DFF7C-D262-4BF9-9BEF-6BAE6E1FFC0A.jpeg

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

042DFF7C-D262-4BF9-9BEF-6BAE6E1FFC0A.jpeg

I used to have two ER patients that huffed paint. One liked silver and the other gold. 😂

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I used to have two ER patients that huffed paint. One liked silver and the other gold. 😂

I believe silver and gold have the highest wiz bang chemicals ...... at least every paint huffing dude I saw on COPS as a kid had either gold or silver paint dripping off his face.  

ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

I believe silver and gold have the highest wiz bang chemicals ...... at least every paint huffing dude I saw on COPS as a kid had either gold or silver paint dripping off his face.  

It’s the propellant. The heavy metal paints had the most propellant to huff. The lengths people go to, to escape reality. 

ECLS Reefer

Okay need a name vote. My ruby scooter is doing well and he needs a good name. As he’s a dragonet I want a dragon name for him so my candidates are:

Glaurung the father of dragons

Ancalagon the greatest of dragons

Smaug II the golden (he does have yellow, though it’s a stretch).

• Like 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - Tank Crash and Closing Shop 😢