Jump to content
ECLS Reefer

5g Zoa Playground (Formerly AIO Challenge Tank) - April Update

Recommended Posts

ef4life

You could always try an encrusting coral like a montipora for the barnacle. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
26 minutes ago, ef4life said:

You could always try an encrusting coral like a montipora for the barnacle. 

I’d like to stick to softies- I wouldn’t say I’ve had a lot of success with montis yet. Still working slowly on getting some to take hold in the SCA and now one in the Evo. Does the Asta 20 put out enough intensity for an SPS coral?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Stick to weeds.......................

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
23 minutes ago, spectra said:

Stick to weeds.......................

But they’re pretty weeds

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
11 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

But they’re pretty weeds

At times yes...............I love GSP.............it just needs to be on its own...............

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

At times yes...............I love GSP.............it just needs to be on its own...............

This is a humble little soft tank. Easy cheap stuff so far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
On 3/7/2020 at 2:15 AM, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’d like to stick to softies- I wouldn’t say I’ve had a lot of success with montis yet. Still working slowly on getting some to take hold in the SCA and now one in the Evo. Does the Asta 20 put out enough intensity for an SPS coral?

It did in my 5.5G Cube for a couple months until the bunny f#cked the tank. I maxed it out about 60% on all channels

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

It did in my 5.5G Cube for a couple months until the bunny f#cked the tank. I maxed it out about 60% on all channels

I just have missed how your bunny messed up your tank. He’s too cute to be guilty 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

Tank is doing well after my week long absence!! Added some stuff today.
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

Found some yuuuge isopods in the tank tonight! Good sign. 
 

Some shots of the new girl and PeakaBoo Potbelly 😊

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Those two fish look very content.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Those two fish look very content.

I hope they do well- PeakaBoo and the GBGs are faaaaat!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

This tank continues to amaze me! Finally got a shot of the ruby scooter displaying his dorsal fin tonight, so definitely a boy! Mr No Name at the moment. 
 

It appears the GBGs both have a case of ich 😢 but aren’t acting any different from

normal. Dosing Kick Ich in there because I’m not tearing that tiny tank up to try and catch them. 
 

PeakaBoo is much bolder and less shy these days about me getting close to the tank for pictures. He’s still plump. So far both he and the scooter look fine, no spots. 
 

Corals are looking fabulous in there with new polyps showing up everywhere! Did the weekly water change today; as this is an undosed, more or less dirty tank I’ve noticed the alk drops to about 7 by the end of the week. Hope that is never a problem since the mix water is more like 9-10. 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

Okay so I think I’m truly out of room in here for new zoas 😂 . Got some Rasta, blue eyed blond and pandora zoas and also decided to try one plug of leptastrea. I may not keep it in there since it doesn’t fit the theme but we will see. 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer

The new zoas are looking good. Mounted the leptastrea to the barnacle today. Will cross my fingers that if spread over the barnacle itself. 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

looks like rastas, are those in the front eggs or BEB ? cant tell in the back..............

 

How bad did they rape you for those.................:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, spectra said:

looks like rastas, are those in the front eggs or BEB ? cant tell in the back..............

Yes! Rastas, blue eyed blondes and Pandora’s. I haven’t the slightest idea what the others are that u got early on as big rocks. They’re all turning out so well!

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yes! Rastas, blue eyed blondes and Pandora’s. I haven’t the slightest idea what the others are that u got early on as big rocks. They’re all turning out so well!

shit just saw the post above from yesterday..................with names.................,

 

Hell but being a zoa person at least I know a few.................hopefully they grow out for you.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
Just now, spectra said:

shit just saw the post above from yesterday..................with names.................,

 

Hell but being a zoa person at least I know a few.................hopefully they grow out for you.

 

 

The Rasta’s are unfortunately the smallest ones so I hope they catch on. I haven’t had a single thing not do well in there yet, and they really are the last I have room for. So just hope they do as well as everything else in there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ef4life

My rastas while small have been decent growers for me, they should do well in your tank, Now the Pandora’s I have are turning almost invasive - started with 3 polyps, now I probably have 100+ And I’ve sold multiple frags of them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
17 minutes ago, ef4life said:

My rastas while small have been decent growers for me, they should do well in your tank, Now the Pandora’s I have are turning almost invasive - started with 3 polyps, now I probably have 100+ And I’ve sold multiple frags of them. 

My rastas....................:lol:

 

and that pic was a while ago..................I have over 100 on the rock...........

 

IMG_7499.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
On 3/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, Dirté Sanchez said:

This tank continues to amaze me! Finally got a shot of the ruby scooter displaying his dorsal fin tonight, so definitely a boy! Mr No Name at the moment. 
 

It appears the GBGs both have a case of ich 😢 but aren’t acting any different from

normal. Dosing Kick Ich in there because I’m not tearing that tiny tank up to try and catch them. 
 

PeakaBoo is much bolder and less shy these days about me getting close to the tank for pictures. He’s still plump. So far both he and the scooter look fine, no spots. 
 

Corals are looking fabulous in there with new polyps showing up everywhere! Did the weekly water change today; as this is an undosed, more or less dirty tank I’ve noticed the alk drops to about 7 by the end of the week. Hope that is never a problem since the mix water is more like 9-10. 
 

 

That ruby looks amazing! Very plump and healthy too. 🙂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
GraniteReefer

Nice leptastrea! Looks similar to JF spitfire.  One of the best growing for me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
9 hours ago, ef4life said:

My rastas while small have been decent growers for me, they should do well in your tank, Now the Pandora’s I have are turning almost invasive - started with 3 polyps, now I probably have 100+ And I’ve sold multiple frags of them. 

There are some palys in there I started with that I also have in the SCA, and they have taken off in the SCA like crazy. I can see what you mean about being almost invasive. It’s nice to know I can maybe sell them out eventually.

 

9 hours ago, spectra said:

My rastas....................:lol:

 

and that pic was a while ago..................I have over 100 on the rock...........

 

IMG_7499.jpg

I can only hope mine spread like that!

 

7 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

That ruby looks amazing! Very plump and healthy too. 🙂 

Thank you! He was a little less active yesterday which worries me. Don’t want to lose him like I did the other one. 

 

3 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Nice leptastrea! Looks similar to JF spitfire.  One of the best growing for me

Thanks! The hope is it spreads over the barnacle like moss. Or like GSP would. Should make Peak’s barnacle house look supa fly 😊

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108

man that tank is filling in so nice! you need to slow down and give the rest of us a chance to catch up...LOL 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...