Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tamberav's 5g pico in 365 - Sept photo dump!

Tamberav

Better shot of the sailfin and the Sarons didnt get their photo ops in yesterday. Bit blurry as I need to clean the glass.

PXL_20201020_211902124_MP.thumb.jpg.cdb70bdc3c2c3c8e4a351aebcdd2064b.jpg

PXL_20201020_211950998_MP.thumb.jpg.69b7de1086effe09a233ad08c4995394.jpg

PXL_20201020_212311012_MP.thumb.jpg.27d8c993e55ee8a7431e0ef20618c89c.jpg

FTS before I piss everything off with a water change. I am still working on getting the superglue off the back.

PXL_20201020_212624902_MP.thumb.jpg.dc4cd16a3636d0fb741b69554ce5484a.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
On 10/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, Tamberav said:

Better shot of the sailfin and the Sarons didnt get their photo ops in yesterday. Bit blurry as I need to clean the glass.

PXL_20201020_211902124_MP.thumb.jpg.cdb70bdc3c2c3c8e4a351aebcdd2064b.jpg

PXL_20201020_211950998_MP.thumb.jpg.69b7de1086effe09a233ad08c4995394.jpg

PXL_20201020_212311012_MP.thumb.jpg.27d8c993e55ee8a7431e0ef20618c89c.jpg

FTS before I piss everything off with a water change. I am still working on getting the superglue off the back.

PXL_20201020_212624902_MP.thumb.jpg.dc4cd16a3636d0fb741b69554ce5484a.jpg

Looking good! Loving that purple scroll.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Frozen_Reef said:

I want a Saron shrimp so bad now

Yessss! They are not common but when they show up they are only 5-15 dollars.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 1:59 AM, Tamberav said:

Yessss! They are not common but when they show up they are only 5-15 dollars.

Where have you seen them? 

Cause I also want to hop on the saron bandwagon!!

• Like 3
On 11/19/2020 at 8:29 PM, kimberbee said:

Where have you seen them? 

Cause I also want to hop on the saron bandwagon!!

Blue zoo seems to get them more often than Live Aquaria. I suggest signing up for in stock alerts at both.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

My Aquami KPS quit working at random, really disappointing considering the cost of the pump. I replaced it with a Jebao SOW-4 I had in storage which hasn't let me down in years. 

I removed the dendro as I could not easily feed it with the SPS growing in. I am going to put a spare candycane I have in its spot. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Isn't funny how sometimes these Jaebo and off brand companies get a bad name,but then sometimes they last for forever and the name brand stuff craps out before the off brand ? So weird how that works. 

52 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Isn't funny how sometimes these Jaebo and off brand companies get a bad name,but then sometimes they last for forever and the name brand stuff craps out before the off brand ? So weird how that works. 

Yeah I use two jebao dosers and have used several pumps- my main return on my 120 is a jebao. They work great for the money and I find them pretty dependable- take care of them and they last forever. Brand naming it in this hobby makes you spend so much more than you should have to.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have been thinking about replacing my MP10's with Jebao's because I get sick of replacing dry sides and right now you can't even find a dry side easily since COVID started. So I have one just sitting here and not able to use it. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

I’m hoping Santa can find me a Nero 3 this year because I want something smidge more refined than the SW-4 I have in my Evo. But other than size it has served me well. They seriously need to create a true nano, nano...nano sized wave pump

• Like 1

@ECLS Reefer  Jebao gets such a bad imagine pasted on them,but my RW4's I used back in the day never gave me problems,even running at 12v which I know kills them. Last a year running 24/7 @ 12v and never had one problem because getting clogged with algae. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Yeah, I have been thinking about replacing my MP10's with Jebao's because I get sick of replacing dry sides and right now you can't even find a dry side easily since COVID started. So I have one just sitting here and not able to use it. 

That’s why I never got into the ecotec stuff, too much money and they aren’t much more reliable than cheaper options. 

and the argument of no cord in the tank, while nice, you have a giant tumor hanging off the outside of the tank and then you have to secure the cord in case they detach so the dry side doesn’t fall to the floor and break.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ef4life said:

That’s why I never got into the ecotec stuff, too much money and they aren’t much more reliable than cheaper options. 

and the argument of no cord in the tank, while nice, you have a giant tumor hanging off the outside of the tank and then you have to secure the cord in case they detach so the dry side doesn’t fall to the floor and break.

My vortechs are ancient, back from before Jebao was available. Back when it was Koralia vs Vortech for small tanks with Koralia not being controllable. To be fair, that makes them probably 8+ years old and still going but unfortunately the NEWEST wetsides are absolute garbage and break fast. I have some of my original wetsides from 2012 but the new ones only last 1-2 years. So that is frustrating. Plus my new kitten knocks the MP10's off sometimes because he tries to step onto dry sides. If they stopped working entirely, I certainly would not buy new vortechs with all the options today.

Vortechs only really look nice on the back walls or for those that have in-wall tanks but otherwise the earmuffs are not great looking.

• Like 2

Christmas came early this year for my kitties and they are making me feel like a lazy slob with their cat wheel lol 😆 

Akira used one at the breeders as a kitten but she never forgot even though it had been 4 years! After I set it up and woke her up from her nap she got so excited she puffed up and was noisy and started to use it immediately. She ended up teaching the other two how to use it. Had it about two days now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3