Jump to content
Tamberav

Tamberav's 5g pico in 365 - Sept photo dump!

Recommended Posts

Tamberav
16 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Do you ever frag your stuff to sell?

Not really... I give away a bunch of stuff sometimes and plan on making a trip to LFS to drop off some stuff. It is more that I don't want to wait around for people to come buy frags. No shows or just a bunch of random people coming over to buy something. I guess I haven't tried to sell anything since COVID where-as before I would sell something here or there. 

 

 Sometimes I do ship stuff. When I get a frag of it, I can ship it to you at just shipping cost. I don't mind sharing 🙂 but you might be able to find it local for even cheaper than shipping. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
17 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Not really... I give away a bunch of stuff sometimes and plan on making a trip to LFS to drop off some stuff. It is more that I don't want to wait around for people to come buy frags. No shows or just a bunch of random people coming over to buy something. I guess I haven't tried to sell anything since COVID where-as before I would sell something here or there. 

 

 Sometimes I do ship stuff. When I get a frag of it, I can ship it to you at just shipping cost. I don't mind sharing 🙂 but you might be able to find it local for even cheaper than shipping. 

I’ve never even heard of that type of monti before and it IS super pretty. I like how the colors change outward. I do most of my coral shopping online with Vivid or at my two LFSssssss. I’ve never seen a monti quite like that one listed before. So keep me in mind if a piece ever breaks off!!

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Just a RR Nauti Spiral... 🙂

 

pic does it no justice... its orange and gold and red. It seems pretty hardy too as the mother colony survived lots of abuse. It is one of those older corals that have been around for years but people kind of forget about how pretty it is with all the newly named monti's. Not too expensive either. 

Never seen a Nauti Spiral color up like that, like ever, they're usually kind of plain in colors ime, wow that's really something else.

I may have to hit you up on at-cost shipping in the future, if it really starts taking off, at the very least I can be more confident about a lack of pests and its' health than I can be even with a fair-few locals.

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
2 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Never seen a Nauti Spiral color up like that, like ever, they're usually kind of plain in colors ime, wow that's really something else.

I may have to hit you up on at-cost shipping in the future, if it really starts taking off, at the very least I can be more confident about a lack of pests and its' health than I can be even with a fair-few locals.

 

I think it might be more rainbow-like because it is growing partly shaded and partly not? No idea. The mother colony is orange and pink but this one is many shades including gold. 

 

Technically it was a no-name I guess but pretty sure it's RR Nauti Spiral... a old pic from 2012 shows it with many shades including green. So it seems its possible for it to throw all sorts of colors. 

 

image.png.2443c8c8472a8998f541820f52195a66.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

Almost looks like it was a natural graft from the picture, what a unique animal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

I haven't seen my Saron shrimp since the AC issue but he hides more often since I put the damsel in. I guess they are not a fan of larger active fish. I still see at least one Saron out right now in my 25g which was hit the least by the broken AC.

 

Picked up a pom pom and a scary porcelain at the LFS. I hope my hasslet doesn't eat the pom pom... I think it will be ok as the pom pom should be too large.

 

MVIMG_20200909_173927.thumb.jpg.5c5154507e689be0e85ebbee0dc2da46.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200909_173953.thumb.jpg.e588268cdc4f7f92ca5ab1766c87405c.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

The crabs are alive and well! I saw them both out when I fed today.

 

Also...

 

Oh, so you're doing a waterchange? Well this bucket has been here all day but I suddenly find it very interesting...

 

MVIMG_20200910_174601.thumb.jpg.afd211e4c29469fa990366f591395802.jpg

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Did another 90 percent water change today as it was time to catch and move my oversized damsel. I added a walking dendros, a Pictus Blenny, and a Carribeean Sailfin Blenny. They are both tiny...not sure if they will get along. We will find out I guess... wanted to hit free shipping 😛

 

MVIMG_20200911_143346.thumb.jpg.3573db6b6c393bbea8bdf6bb01e084f0.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_144350.thumb.jpg.f25f784440b39e6cb6afe050dbb8b567.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143458.thumb.jpg.1ac6d49826603e86b988dd14e3ce2d94.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143741.thumb.jpg.9c3bd3ce7efb8c42f331ddbf93e69a5a.jpg

 

Acro that survived the 80g and is brown and covered in dog hair lol I cut off the dead tips.

MVIMG_20200911_143751.thumb.jpg.c7004b5f798eabba69cbb3153007ec2f.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143642.thumb.jpg.9d23f3e77754779ae870e4a549c94ba1.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143902.thumb.jpg.4489da8935fbe9d75bd6789807e4c64f.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143628.thumb.jpg.97fe486b030f9e09f291510c099eae8d.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

A newish burning banana I got before I went out of town. It was bleached at the LFS but is recovering nicely.

MVIMG_20200911_143402.thumb.jpg.94ac0a3d90d734ee3a93a62f1b04b69e.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143409.thumb.jpg.824d435f62aff3709e2f1419b44113d6.jpg

 

Waterchange! 

MVIMG_20200911_144725.thumb.jpg.1e722b8faf28da3eca844c95079873b0.jpg

 

The new pissed off walking dendro

 

MVIMG_20200911_153140.thumb.jpg.9b351874a513760bb386c14b9eb9195d.jpg

 

New fishes!

 

MVIMG_20200911_153011.thumb.jpg.e9b76f5edf1a22649a0b800f10761466.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_152904.thumb.jpg.a01b32807a0e372ad9e5971f10c670fb.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_152833.thumb.jpg.77d52b7563963e380ee039d2b572ce5e.jpg

 

Porcelain crab enjoying all the crud that got stirred up when I removed the rock go catch the damsel.

 

MVIMG_20200911_153400.thumb.jpg.7e874365c720c252c625157a58c1f749.jpg

 

Feather duster hitchikers and tunicates and sponges all nom nom on the stirred up crud too. Live rock is amazing 😍

 

MVIMG_20200911_153500.thumb.jpg.bdbac2021af1df1d5afe0eb3fe141073.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_153307.thumb.jpg.b975c1c8715040c5bb2a2a3ebadfd1cb.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

I love the tiny sailfin sitting your hand, super cute. Those orange acans really glow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
41 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

A newish burning banana I got before I went out of town. It was bleached at the LFS but is recovering nicely.

MVIMG_20200911_143402.thumb.jpg.94ac0a3d90d734ee3a93a62f1b04b69e.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_143409.thumb.jpg.824d435f62aff3709e2f1419b44113d6.jpg

 

Waterchange! 

MVIMG_20200911_144725.thumb.jpg.1e722b8faf28da3eca844c95079873b0.jpg

 

The new pissed off walking dendro

 

MVIMG_20200911_153140.thumb.jpg.9b351874a513760bb386c14b9eb9195d.jpg

 

New fishes!

 

MVIMG_20200911_153011.thumb.jpg.e9b76f5edf1a22649a0b800f10761466.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_152904.thumb.jpg.a01b32807a0e372ad9e5971f10c670fb.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_152833.thumb.jpg.77d52b7563963e380ee039d2b572ce5e.jpg

 

Porcelain crab enjoying all the crud that got stirred up when I removed the rock go catch the damsel.

 

MVIMG_20200911_153400.thumb.jpg.7e874365c720c252c625157a58c1f749.jpg

 

Feather duster hitchikers and tunicates and sponges all nom nom on the stirred up crud too. Live rock is amazing 😍

 

MVIMG_20200911_153500.thumb.jpg.bdbac2021af1df1d5afe0eb3fe141073.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200911_153307.thumb.jpg.b975c1c8715040c5bb2a2a3ebadfd1cb.jpg

He is super cute!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
13 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I love the tiny sailfin sitting your hand, super cute. Those orange acans really glow.

 

9 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

He is super cute!!

I did an "awwww" when I saw him in the bag. Never seen one for sale in person here. They are typically shy though but hopefully he gets comfortable. I accidentally dumped him out in the bucket of old tank water when I was emptying his bag so I was scooping him up. He was easy to catch though as he was flashing his sail at me trying to scare me away lol 

 

This is a pretty cool video I watched before I bought her/him. A mix of males/females in a sandy lagoon type would be amazing display to watch.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

 

I did an "awwww" when I saw him in the bag. Never seen one for sale in person here. They are typically shy though but hopefully he gets comfortable. I accidentally dumped him out in the bucket of old tank water when I was emptying his bag so I was scooping him up. He was easy to catch though as his sail was up and he was trying to scare me away lol 

The least shy of the bennies I've seen so far are tail spots, and you just can't find those these days. Total shame-I sure miss my little TSB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The least shy of the bennies I've seen so far are tail spots, and you just can't find those these days. Total shame-I sure miss my little TSB.

Yah 😞 I haven't seen one of those in the LFS since March-ish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

 

I did an "awwww" when I saw him in the bag. Never seen one for sale in person here. They are typically shy though but hopefully he gets comfortable. I accidentally dumped him out in the bucket of old tank water when I was emptying his bag so I was scooping him up. He was easy to catch though as he was flashing his sail at me trying to scare me away lol 

 

This is a pretty cool video I watched before I bought her/him. A mix of males/females in a sandy lagoon type would be amazing display to watch.

 

 

Omg they're like tiny little pikeblenny's, I love them.

Share this post


Link to post
Reefkid88

How does that pump not blow water out of the tank ?! 

 

 I love the sps in the tank !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
21 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

How does that pump not blow water out of the tank ?! 

 

 I love the sps in the tank !!!

Haha the KPS is the size of a egg and controllable 🙂 and thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

The blennies are still scared of me but I see some natural behavior occuring from the other side of the room. The little Sailfin pops out with his sail out sometimes and swaps holes now and again. The Pictus is avoiding me by hanging in the back but I saw him picking at the rock. Both seem interested in food but not willing to try it yet.

 

The peanut worm inside the dendro moved closer to the rock...he doesn't have many places he can go which is probably a good thing. Bonus itty bitty blenny peaking out in the photo.

 

The sailfin is even smaller than the Pictus. I think they will get along fine. The sailfin likes to be near the sand and the Pictus likes to hang out up top....Pictus is a combtooth algae eater and sailfin is a planktivore type.

 

MVIMG_20200912_163236.thumb.jpg.b9d47d29d03289c05568acc9b1fa50e7.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
MarieH
On 9/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, Tamberav said:

 

I did an "awwww" when I saw him in the bag. Never seen one for sale in person here. They are typically shy though but hopefully he gets comfortable. I accidentally dumped him out in the bucket of old tank water when I was emptying his bag so I was scooping him up. He was easy to catch though as he was flashing his sail at me trying to scare me away lol 

 

This is a pretty cool video I watched before I bought her/him. A mix of males/females in a sandy lagoon type would be amazing display to watch.

 

 

Amazing 🤩

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

I was worried as I couldn't find my Pictus today. They are shy and take while to settle. I finally found him after the room was dark.

 

Got a night photo of all 3 fish and some pom pom legs!

 

The pom pom is not a nice fella ..he always making the other fish move out of his way and swinging his nems at them. I may have to banish him to the 25g. He's so easy to find in this small tank though.

 

IMG_20200914_234325.thumb.jpg.8bf82b869b69a28cab26b0e29d8234b9.jpg

 

I am a rude dude! 

IMG_20200914_235207.thumb.jpg.cda3b558d6919951ef27168599921d3c.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...