Jump to content
Tamberav

Tamberav's 5g pico in 365 - Sept photo dump!

Recommended Posts

ECLS Reefer
5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Thanks! They are that bright irl too! The best part is I got them free when I bought a failing tank set up. I love free stuff! lol

Free stuff is always awesome!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Hermit crab took a walk across the acan 😛

 

I wish I could keep my hands out of the tank and stop moving corals around. The temps haven't been super stable with summer here but so far it's managing.

 

The Monti and birds have started growing and I see the first hints of coralline on the back wall.

 

MVIMG_20200606_185918.thumb.jpg.a6d405864f737df2065526aa8ccafa79.jpg

MVIMG_20200606_190002.thumb.jpg.bf10efb67261ab26270fc36703eeb193.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185950.thumb.jpg.143c875ac3c779c03299f6a2df55f079.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185924.thumb.jpg.4a57e52062cd74727774557c9cd28ae0.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185839.thumb.jpg.a870676bae9d4e376de66b3188fd0a4f.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Hermit crab took a walk across the acan 😛

 

I wish I could keep my hands out of the tank and stop moving corals around. The temps haven't been super stable with summer here but so far it's managing.

 

The Monti and birds have started growing and I see the first hints of coralline on the back wall.

 

MVIMG_20200606_185918.thumb.jpg.a6d405864f737df2065526aa8ccafa79.jpg

MVIMG_20200606_190002.thumb.jpg.bf10efb67261ab26270fc36703eeb193.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185950.thumb.jpg.143c875ac3c779c03299f6a2df55f079.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185924.thumb.jpg.4a57e52062cd74727774557c9cd28ae0.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185839.thumb.jpg.a870676bae9d4e376de66b3188fd0a4f.jpg

Still nice looking!!

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
17 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Hermit crab took a walk across the acan 😛

 

I wish I could keep my hands out of the tank and stop moving corals around. The temps haven't been super stable with summer here but so far it's managing.

 

The Monti and birds have started growing and I see the first hints of coralline on the back wall.

 

MVIMG_20200606_185918.thumb.jpg.a6d405864f737df2065526aa8ccafa79.jpg

MVIMG_20200606_190002.thumb.jpg.bf10efb67261ab26270fc36703eeb193.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185950.thumb.jpg.143c875ac3c779c03299f6a2df55f079.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185924.thumb.jpg.4a57e52062cd74727774557c9cd28ae0.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200606_185839.thumb.jpg.a870676bae9d4e376de66b3188fd0a4f.jpg

I loooove the shape. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
On 6/6/2020 at 7:52 PM, WV Reefer said:

I loooove the shape. 

Shape? 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
37 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Shape? 🤔

I like the tower-ish look of the scape too. Can't wait until all the corals grow out. It'll be awesome! 🙂 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Stuff is growing so that's always a good thing. I didn't clean the glass but the Blenny loves that!

 

Added some beat up gionopora to see if they come around.

 

I once forgot to feed the blenny and he ate part of the stylo but it's almost fully recovered.

 

Would like to add a dendro.

 

Idk what the water is like...I tested po4 once and it was 2....not 0.2 but two. 🤪

 

MVIMG_20200625_175817.thumb.jpg.145e494f3f87748b2c9edc1b43d771d9.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200625_180202.thumb.jpg.98d67be83a914a44a6cc83f3f54efc84.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200625_180554.thumb.jpg.7ddabc62f292a4d0028c3a1f39115677.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200625_180625.thumb.jpg.8cb044fc2afc24322db59f9bf17dee40.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

So I thought you guys might enjoy this cool critter. It is not in the pico but did hitchike in on KPA live rock I had split among my tanks.

 

I took the pic at night...seems nocturnal.. it is actually a beautiful pinkish red in daylight.

 

It is called a fleshy limpet and it eats algae.

 

MVIMG_20200629_203320.thumb.jpg.915f200ebe69af459a23b98c8fb8c8f0.jpg

 

Here is a better pic from online

 

CFleshy.thumb.jpg.e1c4f69ff78ca8e7b989dec8df599ac4.jpg

 

fleshy3.jpg.53dcc00af86a5edc6000488947ed34ab.jpg

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
15 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

So I thought you guys might enjoy this cool critter. It is not in the pico but did hitchike in on KPA live rock I had split among my tanks.

 

I took the pic at night...seems nocturnal.. it is actually a beautiful pinkish red in daylight.

 

It is called a fleshy limpet and it eats algae.

 

MVIMG_20200629_203320.thumb.jpg.915f200ebe69af459a23b98c8fb8c8f0.jpg

 

Here is a better pic from online

 

CFleshy.thumb.jpg.e1c4f69ff78ca8e7b989dec8df599ac4.jpg

 

fleshy3.jpg.53dcc00af86a5edc6000488947ed34ab.jpg

 

 

Wow! This is my first time hearing of it. So cool! 😮 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Wow! This is my first time hearing of it. So cool! 😮 

 

First for me too actually. The first time I saw it...It was under a ledge and I thought it was a sponge. Was really confused at first when I came home the next day and my sponge had moved. 🤪

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Thrassian Atoll

That guy is pretty sweet looking!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

So sad news...my blenny somehow jumped out of the tank even though the lid is very form fitting. I wonder if the cats jarred it open as they like to sit on the tank or if it happened during maintance.

 

Totally bummed!

 

He was torturing my stylo and Digi so they are looking better. He loved to eat their polyps.

 

Tank is missing a lot of personality now though...

 

I added a john deer lepto... I love the one@Snow_Phoenix has.

 

Mine kinda angry...

 

 

Also the tank smells like a damn swamp!! I took off the lid to add the lepto and the smell hit me 😛

Need to make some water to change it and maybe time for some new carbon!

 

5 gallons of swamp water!! 

MVIMG_20200710_182520.thumb.jpg.77d57a520ac463597a4175bdea68f5a9.jpgMVIMG_20200710_183223.thumb.jpg.81d5c7204d9270981806b48209e18c05.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

So sad news...my blenny somehow jumped out of the tank even though the lid is very form fitting. I wonder if the cats jarred it open as they like to sit on the tank or if it happened during maintance.

 

Totally bummed!

 

He was torturing my stylo and Digi so they are looking better. He loved to eat their polyps.

 

Tank is missing a lot of personality now though...

 

I added a john deer lepto... I love the one@Snow_Phoenix has.

 

Mine kinda angry...

 

 

Also the tank smells like a damn swamp!! I took off the lid to add the lepto and the smell hit me 😛

Need to make some water to change it and maybe time for some new carbon!

 

5 gallons of swamp water!! 

MVIMG_20200710_182520.thumb.jpg.77d57a520ac463597a4175bdea68f5a9.jpgMVIMG_20200710_183223.thumb.jpg.81d5c7204d9270981806b48209e18c05.jpg

Sorry about the blenny. 😔

 

But that lepto frag is awesome! 🥰

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

So I removed the gonioporas...they were in poor health when I added them and I felt like they weren't getting the TLC they need. I decided to to move them to a frag rack where I can easily target feed them. It was too hard to do in such a tall tank without making a mess and was frustrating to spill water all over. I replaced them with some freebees I got from a vender awhile back that were homeless on my frag rack. 

 

With the Blenny gone I put in a damsel I had. She's kinda big for the tank but it's more or less temperary as I want to add her back to the 80 after I add the last of the wrasses.

 

Tank just waking up for the day so heavy blues atm..

 

MVIMG_20200729_135011.thumb.jpg.7349bb789a86d54e5d3a0274f5376830.jpg

 

 

 

Got some nubbins growing..

 

 

MVIMG_20200729_134907.thumb.jpg.81509499d919c4df79433b822ca71ef7.jpg

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Better pics ! The main component of my tank is...dog hair...btw 🙄 luckily it doesn't show in pics to well 😉

 

 

MVIMG_20200729_190803.thumb.jpg.f8d7479eec01223b2742c65bcdd4d70b.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_191039.thumb.jpg.0a956fbdb3665ff9c04b7323c1114e3b.jpg

 

 

MVIMG_20200729_191031.thumb.jpg.96401a01442c37541469240c2b539632.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Acro...will it grow or will it die now?

 

MVIMG_20200729_191120.thumb.jpg.9a5a85a2001c938fea7a0ac64980f139.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_191427.thumb.jpg.92ea84857004ae006ae91703d00a8e25.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_190951.thumb.jpg.a05e35eecf70f4be356189c042a9c9f3.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

MVIMG_20200729_190934.thumb.jpg.3f2b292b4fb78b405d825c77b706f93d.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_190914.thumb.jpg.5d23d3b565a77d233de20eb8153aac85.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
13 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Acro...will it grow or will it die now?

 

MVIMG_20200729_191120.thumb.jpg.9a5a85a2001c938fea7a0ac64980f139.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_191427.thumb.jpg.92ea84857004ae006ae91703d00a8e25.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_190951.thumb.jpg.a05e35eecf70f4be356189c042a9c9f3.jpg

 

 

What kind of damsel is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
27 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What kind of damsel is that?

Starkii

🙂

 

MVIMG_20200729_195941.thumb.jpg.0d12b11da892e8f68e61ead1bdb720c2.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_195949.thumb.jpg.011f8a0d0350cf42b8d79c663dad5c40.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_195850.thumb.jpg.beb94dc7cb727ed83cf0032bfb610082.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
33 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Acro...will it grow or will it die now?

 

MVIMG_20200729_191120.thumb.jpg.9a5a85a2001c938fea7a0ac64980f139.jpg

 

 

43839EE5-A6B0-445B-AB09-D97F911EEAE5.gif.26284104b44956e839cfdd00b84601b0.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
11 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Starkii 🙂

He’s pretty I didn’t realize they got so big. Those nearly full grown chromis I have are fighting each other in the 120- they have ruffled the scales on one of them pretty bad. All the online sites are like “this is a schooling fish you can use in place of anthias” and Spectra was like, yeah they’ll kill each other when they’re fully grown........ yep. 

Guess next time I’ll just bite the bullet and get some anthias though someone recommended springer damsels as a school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

He’s pretty I didn’t realize they got so big. Those nearly full grown chromis I have are fighting each other in the 120- they have ruffled the scales on one of them pretty bad. All the online sites are like “this is a schooling fish you can use in place of anthias” and Spectra was like, yeah they’ll kill each other when they’re fully grown........ yep. 

I attached some more pics of her above. They are large for a more 'peaceful' damsel... I have had her awhile now... I think 2 years but just guessing so she has grown a fair amount. I love the way they look... war paint on the eyes! rawr! They are expensive though but at least they are hardy like a damsel so you don't sit around worrying if your expensive fish is going to die. 

 

Yah chromis don't get along.... people put like 5-6 damsels in big tanks though, they don't school but they don't kill each other either at least. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I attached some more pics of her above. They are large for a more 'peaceful' damsel... I have had her awhile now... I think 2 years but just guessing so she has grown a fair amount. I love the way they look... war paint on the eyes! rawr

 

Yah chromis don't get along.... people put like 5-6 damsels in big tanks though, they don't school but they don't kill each other either at least. 

Well to be honest the chromis are.... ugly..... so when they finally Survivor each other out I’ll figure out what is best to replace them with. The idea of the springers was nice for the flitting in and out of rock but the point was to find a schooling fish, so I’ll most likely get some lyretails. Know for certain my tank isn’t underfed this time around so they should be fine.

18 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Starkii

🙂

 

MVIMG_20200729_195941.thumb.jpg.0d12b11da892e8f68e61ead1bdb720c2.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_195949.thumb.jpg.011f8a0d0350cf42b8d79c663dad5c40.jpg

 

MVIMG_20200729_195850.thumb.jpg.beb94dc7cb727ed83cf0032bfb610082.jpg

 

 

She’s really gorgeous!  Very striking and I do like the war paint 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Lyretails are actually pretty aggressive to each other from what I read (one of the more aggressive anthias) but I have never had one. Schooling fish in a reef is... difficult. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
A.m.P
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Lyretails are actually pretty aggressive to each other from what I read (one of the more aggressive anthias) but I have never had one. Schooling fish in a reef is... difficult. 

Almost impossible tragically.

Supposedly, in a big enough tank, springers won't kill each other. 

 

Could always try to get a small pair and see if they well... Pair up, but fair warning -if they spawn- damselfish pairing is more the male tolerating the female's existence, that can change quickly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...