Coral Vue Hydros

:: damn algea!!! ::

ryuseiboy

My tanks been up and running for a couple of months now, but i have a lot of problems with algea growing on my walls. I currently add phosban, and my phosphates are at low levels. I am thinking the problems lies in my lights. i have 2x36 watt pc, one actinic, one 6700K, should i consider switching to 10000K and actinic? Here a pic of my tank. I cleaned a lot of the green off but left some for the pic.

I'm curious ..Are you just getting algae on the glass or is it covering the rocks also....from the picture it looks like your rocks are pretty clean...

I have got a fuge (AC 300), an Aqua C Remora Skimmer, and I use phosphate sponge, and I still get algae. I cut down my feedings adn the amount of time my lights are on. Nothing has worked so far. Most people on this site have told me to be patient. That is where I am at right now, but so far, the algae is still there. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if there are any other suggestions. Also, check out this thread. It may be extreme, but.....

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...ht=algae+battle

Archived