Innovative Marine Aquariums

20 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

BTW @SeaFurn the two mangroves in the front were from you they’re literally growing like weeds it’s been 4months?

That’s so awesome! I’m glad they are gonna be in this tank and have been growing for you. This tank is going to be amazing! 

9 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I am still worried about the mangroves since they can be temperamental when rooted and replanted. 

You’ll know quickly. I’ve heard the leaves may fall off if they get stressed - but I’m no expert. Remember to mist the leaves off with RODI regularly. 

I just repotted my 6 in Carib Sea Eco Complete planted aquarium substrate. Still in fresh water. Hoping to see some progress in their growth. Will hit them with some root tabs in a week or two. 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

That’s so awesome! I’m glad they are gonna be in this tank and have been growing for you. This tank is going to be amazing! 

You’ll know quickly. I’ve heard the leaves may fall off if they get stressed - but I’m no expert. Remember to mist the leaves off with RODI regularly. 

I just repotted my 6 in Carib Sea Eco Complete planted aquarium substrate. Still in fresh water. Hoping to see some progress in their growth. Will hit them with some root tabs in a week or two. 

Yes they have been growing quite well I think it could be the korallagoon substrate, all seven of the mangroves were rooting something fierce I had to cut a few away from the rocks.

i spray the leaves and part of the stalk every other day mostly whenever I see an accumulation of crystals. You have to let me know how you like the ecocomplete substrate. Mainly pros and cons.

This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, ChristopherDido said:

Looking good! Sorry I missed you at the swap. Did you pick up anything good or just sell some stuff?

It’s all good sold a couple of accessories. Spent 35$ and got 4frags out of it and a couple custom orders by some of the vendors. 

00D51906-204F-4CA4-BF48-86A9F81466A3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
9 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Congrates on the orders from the venders. Hope it leads to even more orders for you. Looks like you got a good deal on those pretty frags. 

1. “Weeping willow” leather
2. orange Montipora setosa 

3. Bali green slimer acropora

4. mint seriatapora (birdsnest)

the ole lady chose them 😂  I think she wanted a budget tank so she could spend money on coral.. I think she did the same thing in last year’s contest. 

• Like 6
This guy is extra salty
49 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

^ nice the weeping willow is a great coral its been on my wish list for a few years now. lucky you! 

if you're in the US I could ship a piece when it gets bigger

• Like 5
12 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

if you're in the US I could ship a piece when it gets bigger

Can I get second on that list? Been searching all over for one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
19 hours ago, devaji108 said:

^ just might take you up on that offer 😄

for sure! ill wave my hands and make it grow fasteromgomgomg

9 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Can I get second on that list? Been searching all over for one.

yep making a list now lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

for sure! ill wave my hands and make it grow fasteromgomgomg

yep making a list now lol

I hope it grows fast enough to make you regret all that hand-waving voodoo =p I love the shelf-rock scape with the mangroves.

• Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
4 hours ago, Coolbreeze said:

Very nice work and looking good.

Thanks 🙏 it still need a few more things

5 hours ago, devaji108 said:

you da man!

no problem.

3 hours ago, Amphrites said:

I hope it grows fast enough to make you regret all that hand-waving voodoo =p I love the shelf-rock scape with the mangroves.

If only all coral would grow like that, with a “swish and flick” Lol

thanks 🙏 the stax rock is amazing to work with and many combinations. If I had a choice I would fill up my RS750XXL with stax 😂 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty

As I sitting here staring at this tank. I’m actually glad I’m making it a ULM tank. 
I literally have it as a “set it and forget it”

EACDCEF1-F9C7-42BF-B347-2257F51D1B81.thumb.jpeg.5e03ca997c52ecd32a12b17dcd7cda05.jpeg

i think the bacteria cycle hit me hard today

228B4AAB-BC16-4400-8D19-D042F281680F.thumb.jpeg.16b92ff3f753d50586cac6f620b3b24d.jpeg

I have to stop by a LFS tomorrow to meet up with a friend to get one of my frag racks back from the frag swap (say that 3x fast) 😂 I’m still in the fence on what I should stock it with. I would love to have some acros  or maybe some encrusting montiporas.  I’ll have to ask some locals if they have anything that would be worth putting into this tank 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
26 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

As I sitting here staring at this tank. I’m actually glad I’m making it a ULM tank
I literally have it as a “set it and forget it”

I’m still in the fence on what I should stock it with. I would love to have some acros or maybe some encrusting montiporas.  I’ll have to ask some locals if they have anything that would be worth putting into this tank 

1889920742265848954.gif.8c916d7b3a633344231ea2bea2d3e735.gif

I'm confus

• Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
19 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

1889920742265848954.gif.8c916d7b3a633344231ea2bea2d3e735.gif

I'm confus

Ultra low maintenance I have to set up the Automatic water change

37 minutes ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Dang. I think you waved a little too hard there buddy 😂 It's looking good though! +1 for encrusting coral. I think that would look awesome in there!

Go big or go home 😂 

i have a couple of montiporas that would look sweet growing up the four columns 

I wish the cycle was done so I could just throw coral into it 

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty
45 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I was just playing at the segway straight from ULM to Acros lol.

🤪 ULM acro tank, got it.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty

So since the start of the cycle I was pretty sure the macros would probably die out due to lack of nitrates.. I have never been so wrong. The culerpa paspaloides and caulerpa prolifera are growing quite well
03045EFE-324D-485A-978C-3605C7AAD175.thumb.jpeg.672be850fa0557fcc1b4e2a1d7f24cff.jpeg

i think it might be time for some tester SPS🤔

• Like 4