Coral Vue Hydros

Jared’s 365 challenge - new uns 40c

ef4life

1 hour ago, I'm Batman said:

How’s the Brightwell dosing?

It’s working, I dose .5ml a day of both nitrate and phosphate, and they are staying right where they should be. Po4 - .02-.03, no3 - 4-6.

the all for reef is dosed the same .5ml, it’s keeping the alk right around 8.1-8.4, but calcium is sort of low at 380. Been thinking about increasing the dose a little to boost it up.

• Like 2
NoOneLikesADryTang
10 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Reef2reef used the picture of Newman in their email news letter 😁 

A07218B3-F09D-401A-A500-D28E8572F42F.png

Dang!! You're basically famous... Can I have your autograph? 

Seriously though, that's freaking awesome! It's a great shot - I get why they're using it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Dang!! You're basically famous... Can I have your autograph? 

Seriously though, that's freaking awesome! It's a great shot - I get why they're using it. 

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Congratulations. 

thank you both. 

• 2 weeks later...

😭😭😭😭😭😭 I didn’t see Newman for the last few days, I found him dried up on the carpet while cleaning the tank today. I’m so mad at myself for not keeping the screen on top.

• Sad 7
13 minutes ago, ef4life said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭 I didn’t see Newman for the last few days, I found him dried up on the carpet while cleaning the tank today. I’m so mad at myself for not keeping the screen on top.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly how I felt when my wasp managed to find one small crack to jump through. So so sorry for poor Newman 😢

• Thanks 1

I was on the east side of town today so I hit up a lfs I’ve never been too - reef monster. I was Mostly was looking for a new fish or something for the pico. Besides some really tiny clownfish they didn’t have anything good for a pico. They did have a tiny goby in one of their displays I asked about but it would have been almost impossible to get out and she wasn’t interested in trying 😂. I did pick up a gold leptoseris frag I’ve been wanting one for a while.

Then on the ride home stopped at the ocean floor, again now real pico fish. They had a nice looking acan frag I was going to buy, but decided to wait to spend my money at the frag swap.

Saturday is the frag swap so I’m looking to get a couple more frags for the pico. For sure I’m picking up a frag I won from a local reefer. Really looking forward to this show. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ef4life said:

Gold leptoseris I picked up. Hopefully it’s a fast grower, it will look really nice encrusting on the bottom of the tank

4E6B590D-5773-49DD-ABEA-B6D779EFC619.jpeg

That would be really striking if it encrusted the tank floor—like that sunset monti @mitten_reef has on the bottom of his tank. Or the one on the TOTM winner a couple months ago with the zoas all over the floor. So much more colorful than sand.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Aqua Splendor said:

You have an interesting tank!
That coralline growth is incredible, you have some beautiful photo too, good job!

Thank you. Yes the coralline has really taken off in this tank fairly quickly and it hasn’t grown much at all on the glass which is nice.

9 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

That would be really striking if it encrusted the tank floor—like that sunset monti @mitten_reef has on the bottom of his tank. Or the one on the TOTM winner a couple months ago with the zoas all over the floor. So much more colorful than sand.

Yeah I’ve wanted one for a long time but with COVID, Possible shipping delays, And summer heat here I didn’t want to place any online orders. So I’m really happy I found it local. I’m really hoping it’s a fast grower and just takes off quickly, only 2 more months of competition left to get our tanks looking awesome!!!

• Like 1

I just got back from kona reef another lfs, I had to pick up more frozen food. Not too much in the way of little gobies but I got a very small tail spot blenny. This is another fish I’ve wanted for a long time. I am hoping he will do well in the pico, but I can always add him to the frag tank when he gets bigger. I Just have to keep the lid on now.

i picked up a Halloween hermit crab For the pico also. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Yeah I’ve wanted one for a long time but with COVID, Possible shipping delays, And summer heat here I didn’t want to place any online orders. So I’m really happy I found it local. I’m really hoping it’s a fast grower and just takes off quickly, only 2 more months of competition left to get our tanks looking awesome!!!

I’m afraid mine is going to be exactly what it is right now. I don’t foresee it changing much in two months ☹️. Wish the Rasta and blue eyed blondes would suddenly take off like the nirvanas did. 

1 minute ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I’m afraid mine is going to be exactly what it is right now. I don’t foresee it changing much in two months ☹️. Wish the Rasta and blue eyed blondes would suddenly take off like the nirvanas did. 

Rastas are slow growers in my pico also, I’ve had the same amount pretty much since the start. Now it seems like the gsp is starting to really grow and I don’t want it too 🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ef4life said:

Rastas are slow growers in my pico also, I’ve had the same amount pretty much since the start. Now it seems like the gsp is starting to really grow and I don’t want it too 🤣

Depending on the GSP, it can be pretty. Unfortunately I got some super drab colored gsp inmy Evo, and it took off like a weed ☹️

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, ef4life said:

I just got back from kona reef another lfs, I had to pick up more frozen food. Not too much in the way of little gobies but I got a very small tail spot blenny. This is another fish I’ve wanted for a long time. I am hoping he will do well in the pico, but I can always add him to the frag tank when he gets bigger. I Just have to keep the lid on now.

i picked up a Halloween hermit crab For the pico also. 

Was that the one in Surprise? Or the one off the 51? We found a cool little two spot Blenny at the Surprise store about six weeks ago. The tank keeper was stoked for it for her SPS/Christmas Tree worm tank. I like that they keep their salinity closer to reef tanks too. It makes acclimating the fish much more smooth.