ef4life

Jared’s 5g 365 aio challenge build.

Starfishie99
On 5/23/2020 at 8:28 PM, ef4life said:

no algae problem now since there has been no daily feedings. I’ve been adding a little coral amino or a splash of food every few days just to keep some nutrients in the tank. Zoas haven’t really been happy, but the clove polyps are loving life and growing 🤷‍♂️. I forgot I still had the blue digi in the tank, it’s grown a tad, but it’s brown, it’s never had good color since I got it.

anyways the may fts 

0D9C5341-6783-4642-9557-848930C7B36D.jpeg

BB8E309F-2A31-4F64-A66D-F9150D62E73F.jpeg

what are those in the second pic, they look like underwater ferns aha, are they the clove polyps? love your tank! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ef4life
4 hours ago, Starfishie99 said:

what are those in the second pic, they look like underwater ferns aha, are they the clove polyps? love your tank! 

Yes clove polyps

• Like 1

ef4life

June full tank shot, not much changed at all. Zoas just don’t seem happy. I’ve been adjusting the light intensity slightly to see what happens but idk, I’ll be getting a par meter in a few weeks from the local club to see what it actually is at. 

I did swap out the return pump again, the eheim 300 not enough flow, mj600 I tried was just flat out noisy, so I bought an eheim 600, seems like the right amount of flow, but it is sort of noisy, quiet enough to live with though.

I ended up getting another bicolor dottyback last night. I had some frags for sale and a guy messaged me asking to trade the fish for a few frags. I took the dottyback, but sadly it’s very thin and stressed and hasn’t eaten. I didn’t think it would make it through the night but it’s still here today, very shy though so I haven’t gotten a picture. Not sure if it will make it through the next few days unless it starts to eat.

86449426-8968-49D6-9775-C7CAF46035DB.jpeg

• Like 1

debbeach13

I like when reefers can work out a trade. I hope the fish adjusts to it's new home and makes it. 

• Like 2

ef4life
36 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I like when reefers can work out a trade. I hope the fish adjusts to it's new home and makes it. 

Thanks, 🤞🤞

• Like 1

ef4life

Dottyback is doing well so far, it doesn’t eat much, it’s very small and the pellet food I was feeding I think was too big for it, so I bought some smaller food and it seems to like it better. Still thin, but looks healthy. It’s getting used to seeing me now so it doesn’t just hide when I walk by the tank. 

I have the clubs par meter now, so this weekend I will be cleaning and measuring all the tanks. 4 lights to measure is going to be a drag to do, but worth it in the end. I really need to dial this prime in.

new pictures/ par numbers this weekend.

• Like 2