ef4life

Jared’s 5g 365 aio challenge build.

ef4life

Dottyback is now feeling more comfortable in his new home. Took a bedside video today.

A full tank shot from tonight

414387697.jpg

• Like 3

ef4life

Not much to update, was working on my ato, I think I have it close, I ordered a couple little things off amazon to hopefully get it working 100%.

as for maintenance I’ve been a doing 1/2-1g water swap everyday with my 40g tank since I added the dottyback. I have a small jar I fill 2-3x and dump into my 40g, then take 2-3 jars from the 40g and refill the pico. I’m hoping this will be enough to control nutrients and alk,ca,and mg levels since I don’t really want to dose this tank. I’ll have to siphon out detritus pretty regularly as it builds up under the rock work where there isn’t a lot of flow.

• Like 1

Tired

That seems like a pretty good water change idea. I don't think you need to do it daily, though. 

• Thanks 1

ef4life
11 minutes ago, Tired said:

That seems like a pretty good water change idea. I don't think you need to do it daily, though. 

As of right now yeah your right it’s definitely overkill, but once corals go in this is going to be mostly sps coral so I want to keep the all the levels as consistent as possible, and it’s good for me to get a regular routine going, I do my best when I have a regular daily routine to follow. 

• Like 2