Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jared’s 365 challenge - new uns 40c

ef4life

I forgot I took this picture. I ended up removing the hermit a few weeks back because the dottyback wanted to kill it. He would attack all the time and kept the hermit up against the glass 24/7

97ED6DC0-6CB0-4591-9F36-475D6623D403.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Oh, that's a good picture, particularly with that bumblebee snail looking on. 

I guess the dottyback remembered he's a predator. They'll kill small shrimp if they get the chance. He probably thought there was a shrimp in there. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Cleaned the tank today. I did a small water change and scrubbed up the glass. I bought a hammer coral frag also today and added in a nice sized piece of red monti cap. I haven’t tested the water in 2 weeks but I’m sure the nitrates and phosphate are still zero or near it.

And heres a pic of Newman I took today. I had to break out the zoom lens and take pictures from across the room since he has been really shy lately.

C0DCFDA1-B3B4-450F-A79D-463F773AD4B0.jpeg

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Cleaned the tank today. I did a small water change and scrubbed up the glass. I bought a hammer coral frag also today and added in a nice sized piece of red monti cap. I haven’t tested the water in 2 weeks but I’m sure the nitrates and phosphate are still zero or near it.

And heres a pic of Newman I took today. I had to break out the zoom lens and take pictures from across the room since he has been really shy lately.

C0DCFDA1-B3B4-450F-A79D-463F773AD4B0.jpeg

You should have named him Seinfeld- that’s  the perfect ....Newman.... look

image.gif.4237e4d2d38577180997e11bc76577d2.gif

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You should have named him Seinfeld- that’s  the perfect ....Newman.... look

image.gif.4237e4d2d38577180997e11bc76577d2.gif

😂 seinfeld was such a great show. But that’s not why I named Him Newman 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I love the dottyback 🙂 They were a fish I considered for my pico (neon dottyback and no other fish) but I was worried it would eat small inverts. 

I had to pull my hermit out of there he was constantly attacking it. He hasn’t bothered the snails though. I did want some sexy shrimp in this tank but they would be an expensive snack for him I’m sure.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Did my water testing today, nitrates still at zero, phosphate was .02 so a slight improvement. I broke down and bought some nitrate and phosphate to dose, I bought the brightwell stuff, we will see how it goes.

i also added some new frags today after cleaning. I didn’t buy anything, just grabbed stuff out of the 40b. I added a blue candy cane, green candy cane, big green hairy mushrooms, 2 Small ricordea Yuma’s, a larger frag of bubblegum digi, and a small frag or Ora birds of paradise. New pics soon

• Like 2

Quick photo from tonight after the glass was cleaned and Newman had dinner. This tank is starting to look good. I started a small daily dose of nitrate and phosphates, so we will see where that gets me. I’m hopeful the zoas will start to get some color back and be happy for once. And with the new stony corals I added, I started a small dose of all for reef to maintain calcium and alkalinity. 

CBF6D01B-AA04-42E4-9C5A-91E84B1899EB.jpeg

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Quick photo from tonight after the glass was cleaned and Newman had dinner. This tank is starting to look good. I started a small daily dose of nitrate and phosphates, so we will see where that gets me. I’m hopeful the zoas will start to get some color back and be happy for once. And with the new stony corals I added, I started a small dose of all for reef to maintain calcium and alkalinity. 

CBF6D01B-AA04-42E4-9C5A-91E84B1899EB.jpeg

Love it. The mood lighting and the coralline- it’s a great look!

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Love it. The mood lighting and the coralline- it’s a great look!

Thanks, Yeah coralline is starting to grow, it’s come a long way in the past 8 months

• Like 1
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Everything looks so nice. I would like to suggest a few coral close up pictures. Then you can track if your new dosing regiment shows some growth.

I have a bunch of close ups to do just that, I just haven’t really posted any of them. They mostly aren’t great looking pics

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was cleaning the tanks today and had to move my myagi tort frag to fight back An encroaching montipora. While the myagi was out I clipped a small frag for the pico. I originally bought this frag for the pico so it’s finally getting into its proper home. 🤞🤞 hope it does well. I also added another small frag of my blue/green acro - this one is a fast grower in the big tank so I’m hoping it does well in the pico. 

• 2 weeks later...