Cultivated Reef

Jared’s 365 challenge - new uns 40c

ef4life

10 minutes ago, ef4life said:

I bought a cheap tripod and it came with a Bluetooth remote, heres a few pics that I took while using it.

09F99608-D381-4603-8B8B-5FF4AE3E2324.jpeg

A4C93CE0-F22B-4478-8487-6B64353A11F8.jpeg

0510A32B-462C-4E96-BA43-6A87F4E13514.jpeg

6CCCAAE0-4B9D-4009-A059-66A73ED95855.jpeg

That’s gonna be so amazing when you get that travertine covered in coralline.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

That’s gonna be so amazing when you get that travertine covered in coralline.

I hope I get coralline, I have dreams of it just turning into a wall of green hair algae  😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, ef4life said:

I hope I get coralline, I have dreams of it just turning into a wall of green hair algae  😂

Noooooo buy a bunch of that purple helix stuff 

10 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Noooooo buy a bunch of that purple helix stuff 

I had to look that up, seems interesting. Not sure it’s its worth the price or not. 

• Like 2
Just now, ef4life said:

I had to look that up, seems interesting. Not sure it’s its worth the price or not. 

I got some coralline growth out of it but not as much as I wish I’d gotten.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Do you have coralline growing in your 40? Why not just move something with it on it from that tank to this one? 

I have rocks with it, but it doesn’t seem to actively grow in either my 40 or the 29. I haven’t ever really had to scrape coralline off the glass. I have the one rock already in the pico with coralline already so it should spread with time.

• Like 3

So I just got home from work, my box from cultivated reef was waiting. The corals are great, but I’m most excited because I got a stomatella snail in as a hitch hiker 😃 my favorite snail and I haven’t had any in years. I’m so excited.

E0B5D60C-4626-49CC-A6AD-ED562E007F36.jpeg

4CE0D6BB-542B-4A77-872C-5F18E0057CAD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

Coral pics, I’m wanting mostly encrusting corals in this little reef.

new stuff from cultivated reef

Mystic sunset monti

Atl ultimate rainbow monti

ponape birdsnest

708A21BD-BA68-4076-8164-92AD832617F8.jpeg

D987F61C-80D2-4D77-945B-8AD887D28C2D.jpeg

9E0AED06-688D-4A34-B327-D3262D9C04B7.jpeg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Lypto said:

I am loving this pico, totally gonna have to play with travertine tile!

Thanks, it’s a soft, porous stone so it’s pretty easy to work with with a diamond blade/tools for a grinder.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Wow your work with the travertine is great! That removeable weir insert is genius

Excited to see this tank covered in coralline

Thank you @yoshii sadly the weir is no longer removable though, it was too big letting too much water through so it wouldn’t surface skim. It’s siliconed in place now. V2 if/when I build one will be removable.

27 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Thank you @yoshii sadly the weir is no longer removable though, it was too big letting too much water through so it wouldn’t surface skim. It’s siliconed in place now. V2 if/when I build one will be removable.

Oh I see, I remember reading your raised it up. Still awesome!

• Like 2

Wow, the travertine tile is such a unique material for building the AIO!  I love the look and you did such a wonderful job with the craftsmanship!  I can't wait to see how this one shapes up.

I saw you mentioned you're having issues with the AI prime gooseneck mount.  I had the rigid mount for the AI Prime and I've never had an issue with it or ever had to adjust it once it was set.  It would be another thing to purchase, but its not too expensive and may save you some headache.

https://www.marinedepot.com/aquaillumination-tank-mount-for-prime-led-fixture?gclid=Cj0KCQiAv8PyBRDMARIsAFo4wK07Bbd5QoV5Qgp0rKozHrNS60KCpRCVp27HJ_kSxTBuxQV16uAg-DIaApPgEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1