inTank Media Baskets

365 Day Challenge: 1G Office Ocean

SaltyGallon

Update as of 18/02/2020 -

The rock's cycling in my other nano as I type and causing a nice diatom bloom... Happy days haha. I picked up two nice bits of ultra GSP at the weekend, so that's my plans for the back wall sorted. I'm on the hunt for a nice bright green mushroom or two, most probably rhodactis - something nice and bright which will split quickly!

I'm still undecided on a 'show stopper' piece, ideally it'd be something pretty and green like a hammer, but it'd quickly outgrow the tank space and I want something a touch hardier. 

The AIO acrylic's arriving this week and looking forward to sticking it in place. More pics to come soon 👍🏼

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Azur said:

Update as of 18/02/2020 -

The rock's cycling in my other nano as I type and causing a nice diatom bloom... Happy days haha. I picked up two nice bits of ultra GSP at the weekend, so that's my plans for the back wall sorted. I'm on the hunt for a nice bright green mushroom or two, most probably rhodactis - something nice and bright which will split quickly!

I'm still undecided on a 'show stopper' piece, ideally it'd be something pretty and green like a hammer, but it'd quickly outgrow the tank space and I want something a touch hardier. 

The AIO acrylic's arriving this week and looking forward to sticking it in place. More pics to come soon 👍🏼

Now i want an even smaller tank lmao! I love this little thing. Following!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, karisma said:

Now i want an even smaller tank lmao! I love this little thing. Following!

Thank you! Still undecided if it's too small but we'll see how it plays out! Acrylic gluing tonight 😁

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Azur said:

Thank you! Still undecided if it's too small but we'll see how it plays out! Acrylic gluing tonight 😁

I want an office now. Simply to display a pico reef haha!

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, karisma said:

I want an office now. Simply to display a pico reef haha!

... Being able to have an office pico is one of the only silver linings of being stuck in a miserable office 5 days a week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super cute and great aquascape. Well thought out and very planned/ executed so far. 

Best of luck in the competition! 1 gallon will be quite a challenge in itself. Your pictures are top notch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Office tanks rock, next stage add a sump Mwahahahaha

Hahaha I can't decide if the RO jug by the bin or the papers on the window (I'm assuming to block natural light) are the icing on the cake!!!

11 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Super cute and great aquascape. Well thought out and very planned/ executed so far. 

Best of luck in the competition! 1 gallon will be quite a challenge in itself. Your pictures are top notch. 

Thanks Smurf, I'm trying to do things right from the start to (hopefully) avoid any big bumps further down the pico road! If the tank makes the full year hopefully it will be less "cute" and more "monstrous" 😊

1 minute ago, Azur said:

Hahaha I can't decide if the RO jug by the bin or the papers on the window (I'm assuming to block natural light) are the icing on the cake!!!

I have a solar panel behind those, leading to a battery for backup power 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two nice grainy phone photos from last night; the acrylic arrived and was all to spec (lid is ace!) so I did a bit of gluing in my Nan's dining room of all places - don't ask! Coming together nicely now, silicone later! 😋

SPOILER ALERT... The back wall's purple.

EWf1muE.jpg

AxPFjRs.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Well, here's where we are this morning - the AIO wall and baffle have just been siliconed in for a second time!!! I fitted the return pump this morning and quickly found I didn't have enough room for the heater, so I ripped it all out and have had to move the baffle a few cm to the left - fingers crossed the heater will fit now. I'll have a little less room for filter floss and carbon but I think we'll be alright! Once the silcone's cured I'll fill her up for a test run! 🙂

20200222_104300.jpg

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, Azur said:

Well, here's where we are this morning - the AIO wall and baffle have just been siliconed in for a second time!!! I fitted the return pump this morning and quickly found I didn't have enough room for the heater, so I ripped it all out and have had to move the baffle a few cm to the left - fingers crossed the heater will fit now. I'll have a little less room for filter floss and carbon but I think we'll be alright! Once the silcone's cured I'll fill her up for a test run! 🙂

20200222_104300.jpg

Such a cool tank. I thought i had a smaĺl reef tank then there's this! Love it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tank's dry again after a test run this afternoon... Relieved the heater fits but it's a proper tight squeeze! Just gotta spray the AIO compartment sides black and then we're about ready to reef 😱

20200223013459_IMG_9918.jpg

• Like 6
On 2/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, yoshii said:

Love the color choice for the back wall! It will look great with green corals too

That's the plan mate, complementary colours and all that... It worked for the Joker didn't it?! 😋

On 2/23/2020 at 9:16 PM, ef4life said:

The purple looks really good, I can wait to see this pico stuffed with coral 

Thank you, me either... Just hoping the parameters hold steady!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, niccolini said:

Nice your pico reef

13 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Such a great looking pico!  It even looks great empty!

Thanks guys. It's a bit silly but I'm hoping it will support some 'easier' corals. My office still isn't sorted but I'm dying to get it up and running properly... Tempted to set it up at home...

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Azur said:

Thanks guys. It's a bit silly but I'm hoping it will support some 'easier' corals. My office still isn't sorted but I'm dying to get it up and running properly... Tempted to set it up at home...

Haha! Anxious a tad? It will look great wherever you put it.

• Thanks 1
On 2/24/2020 at 4:45 AM, Azur said:

The tank's dry again after a test run this afternoon... Relieved the heater fits but it's a proper tight squeeze! Just gotta spray the AIO compartment sides black and then we're about ready to reef 😱

20200223013459_IMG_9918.jpg

Purple? YASSSSS!!! 

I love purple/blue. Tank looks sleek and adorable too! 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1