Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10gal iom fish

ShyannaLujan

I just set up my 10 gallon all in one imo, and while cycling I’m trying to figure out my best options when it comes to fish. I know I will already have a designer pair of clowns but want one other to give that pop in my tank. I’ll be running the challenge for having mainly acros and no sand so I know I’m very limited... any help is very appreciated! Glad to be a part of the community and hobby, and I can’t wait to see where it take me! ♥️ Much love!!

CD9A5751-7E89-4AE1-A31F-0BE0E29933C6.jpeg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

tailspot

Once you go tailspot, you never go back.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, ShyannaLujan said:

but want one other to give that pop in my tank

Tailspot Blenny is an amazing fish with a HUGE personality!  It'll keep you and your family returning to your tank again and again just to see what it's up to.  (Most of the time it'll stare right back at you as you come to check on it.)

Oh, and Welcome to NR! 🙂

Blenny3.jpg.bbaf57ee77960de5de95ec600b819712.jpg

Blenny says Hi!

• Like 1

Tailspots can nip at acros and SPS tanks tend to run cleaner with less stuff for them to forage. Doesn't seem like the right fit to me.

Two clowns is enough but if you really must have a 3rd I would do something small and easy to feed like a neon goby. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Tailspots can nip at acros and SPS tanks tend to run cleaner with less stuff for them to forage. Doesn't seem like the right fit to me.

Two clowns is enough but if you really must have a 3rd I would do something small and easy to feed like a neon goby. 

You make a good point that SPS tanks tend to run cleaner, but there are successful examples of SPS dominant tanks that have Tailspot Blennies in them with no issues.  Such as was the case with Wisdom's 10g SPS Dominant Reef from 2018.

I've never seen or heard of a Tailspot Blenny damage or kill an acro, but I have seen them eat algae from all over the tank.  And if any algae got on some acro, then the TSB may clean it up which is probably a good thing.

18 minutes ago, Seadragon said:

You make a good point that SPS tanks tend to run cleaner, but there are successful examples of SPS dominant tanks that have Tailspot Blennies in them with no issues.  Such as was the case with Wisdom's 10g SPS Dominant Reef from 2018.

I've never seen or heard of a Tailspot Blenny damage or kill an acro, but I have seen them eat algae from all over the tank.  And if any algae got on some acro, then the TSB may clean it up which is probably a good thing.

Ya you can keep many fish with corals...even butterflies and angelfish. They can still be nippers so it depends on the fish. May be fine...may not be. 

Combooth blennies are a potential risk. 

7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Ya you can keep many fish with corals...even butterflies and angelfish. They can still be nippers so it depends on the fish. May be fine...may not be. 

Combooth blennies are a potential risk. 

It's not just that they may nip at corals but ULNS for sps tend to have very little algae which the tsb needs to survive, not all tsb's take to nori strips which can pose an issue for their diet.

8 hours ago, Seadragon said: