Pod Your Reef

Whats your mag at using reef crystals ? Mine is still low

Candymancan

Reef crystals has always kept my mag at 1350 or so but since dec ive noticed my mag is always arpund 1200-1250 with reef crystals.   

I thought it was a bad batch but i buy the 50g bags vs the bucket because its cheaper buying 3 bags then a bucket usually due to how the prices swing up and down.

Ive gone through 4 bags since dec. And now i jist drained 80% of my 135g tank thats been in hyposalinity for 31 days.  I refilled with clean water and salt raising salinity back slowely over the last 3 days.  I put all my corals back in last night at 1.024 and todsy i raised it to 1.0264 on the mark. Checking with two refractometers calibrated using brs refracto juice.   

Tested my magnesium using salifert and its at 17 notches so around 1250ppm.   Thats 100 points lower then the bucket says it should be.  And its been at this as i said since DEC.  I use reef crystals BECAUSE it always had high mag.   1350 mag allowed me to do less water changes.  Now with 1250 i have to do more water changes everytime the magnesium drops below 1200..  And thats annoying.

Now i gatta buy some magnesium dosing to raise it to the 1350 i want.. which is annoying because thats more expensive then doing water changes lol.  Frustrating.

And yes i rolled bucket around and shook it around to mix it.   But again it was like this using bags which are easy to mix when you open em and dump em ina empty bucket its pretty much mixed.  So yea this sucks.

Ima look to see if instant ocean has a number to complain about this.  

Does anyone else have issues with low mag and reef crystals ? At least in the last 2 months or so ?