Pod Your Reef

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

This guy is extra salty
8 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'll be using a simple 2x4 based stand which I built.

Is it in your thread?I will have to check it out

This guy is extra salty
13 minutes ago, ef4life said:

No stand for me, pico is going to be sitting on my nightstand next to my bed.

I would not be able to sleep if I had a tank in my bedroom 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
46 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’ve got that Evo on my dresser in mine, right under the TV. It’s okay though there’s enough background noise from fan and air filter to drown out any tank sounds. And the light goes off at night

This guy is extra salty
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’ve got that Evo on my dresser in mine, right under the TV. It’s okay though there’s enough background noise from fan and air filter to drown out any tank sounds. And the light goes off at night

I still couldn’t do it I thought about setting up the old school 2.5 in the living room but the ole lady limited me to having two tanks

😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
7 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I still couldn’t do it I thought about setting up the old school 2.5 in the living room but the ole lady limited me to having two tanks

😭

We have four tanks all within line of sight to me at our bed right now :)

• Haha 2
  • Wow 3
This guy is extra salty
1 minute ago, Lingwendil said:

We have four tanks all within line of sight to me at our bed right now 🙂

Lol I’m glad I’m not the only one with multiple tank syndrome 🤣 my basement is housing most of my tanks

• Like 2
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

This is tank #2 in my bedroom. I fall asleep to the sounds of the protein skimmer on the 40g. When it’s too quiet it’s too loud for me, my ears start ringing. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Is there anything wrong with the little AquaTop AIOs?

https://www.aquatop.com/collections/nano-tanks/products/pisces-nano-cube-glass-aquarium-5-gallons

I have liked the look of this little compact tank for over a year now... seriously wants it. Has anybody used one? 

I haven't used that exact tank but I had a low iron aquatop before and no complaints. The silicone was cleanly done.

1 hour ago, Seea said:

How long have you guys been in the hobby?

Too long! Makes me feel OLD.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I haven't used that exact tank but I had a low iron aquatop before and no complaints. The silicone was cleanly done.

Too long! Makes me feel OLD.

I've seen it on display in my LFS and it almost looks like it's got no corners, they were so cleanly seamed. Hopefully I can convince the hubby to let me do the competition, and I can snag one of these little tanks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I have three tanks in my bedroom. The sound of water rushing down the pipes or trickling out of the filter actually helps me sleep better. 😊

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Is there anything wrong with the little AquaTop AIOs?

https://www.aquatop.com/collections/nano-tanks/products/pisces-nano-cube-glass-aquarium-5-gallons

I have liked the look of this little compact tank for over a year now... seriously wants it. Has anybody used one? 

That's a really cute tank! And at a good price too! I do wonder how the filtration is set up - it looks like a pretty skinny little box. It may not be super modifiable. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

That's a really cute tank! And at a good price too! I do wonder how the filtration is set up - it looks like a pretty skinny little box. It may not be super modifiable. 

OH that is a nice tank! pretty good price too. I agree about the filtration i have a feeling it's more of a FW tank. they dont say what the K  the lighting is. I think WC would be a must on this tank.  

someone get it a try it.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Lingwendil said:

We have four tanks all within line of sight to me at our bed right now 🙂

Not allowed a tank in the bedroom. My jokes about a different sort of clam diving didn't go down (haha) to well 😢

• Haha 5
13 hours ago, Seea said:

I've been reefing since my senior year of high school in 2004, but I've been keeping fish (I started with livebearers and lots of breeding projects) back when I was seven years old- so twenty-five years of fishkeeping so far 🙂

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Seea said:

Since 1967. Aquariums always were 50g or more. Recently sold my DSA 105g full reef system and building nano and Pico as Ino longer have the space for larger systems.

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic