inTank Media Baskets

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

Aqua Splendor
41 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Can we get a list of contestants that are still in the runnings?

This!
@Christopher Marks

On that note: 
It would good to know what we have to do the 31 January, there's only 8 day left, this will go quickly!

Qualifying competitors will be asked to post a final 2-3 paragraph synopsis and full tank shot in their aquarium journal within the final three weeks of the competition, which will be used for voting purposes. copied from page 1

• Like 2

I posted mine a bit early I guess- when I read the original contest rules it said post the final stuff within three weeks of Jan 31st so I hurried up and did mine. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I posted mine a bit early I guess- when I read the original contest rules it said post the final stuff within three weeks of Jan 31st so I hurried up and did mine. 

I uh, I should probably get on that...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

I uh, I should probably get on that...

I mean... any procrastinator knows you still have plenty of time... it’s only the 23rd!!! 😜

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

I thought "Qualifying" competitor were selected somehow, so to understand correctly, we have 3 week after January to make the post. I guess the post will need to be elaborated also on Aquascaping/DIY/Theme ?

At the same time, does it mean we have 3 more weeks for the aquarium to mature?
Like shouldn't we do something on 31 to lock the tank with picture or something?

Edit

Edited by Aqua Splendor
Changing word Febuary to January
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Qualifying competitors will be asked to post a final 2-3 paragraph synopsis and full tank shot in their aquarium journal within the final three weeks of the competition, which will be used for voting purposes. copied from page 1

Uh essay, I have my son write that up. 👍

1 hour ago, Aqua Splendor said:

Like shouldn't we do something on 31 to lock the tank with picture or something?

Yes, you should have your final tank shot and contest summary written by the 31st. 

In order to qualify for voting, you need to have posted a FTS for at least 10 of the past 12 months and have that summary written. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Aqua Splendor said:

I thought "Qualifying" competitor were selected somehow, so to understand correctly, we have 3 week after February to make the post. I guess the post will need to be elaborated also on Aquascaping/DIY/Theme ?

At the same time, does it mean we have 3 more weeks for the aquarium to mature?

Must be completed by 1/31 at the very latest. 

• Like 2
On 1/23/2021 at 1:08 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

Can we get a list of contestants that are still in the runnings?

Chris has always made finding the final contestants easy to find and compare their tanks. I am pretty sure he will do that for this contest also.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Chris has always made finding the final contestants easy to find and compare their tanks. I am pretty sure he will do that for this contest also.

Yes, there will be a list of final participants, however people have until the 31st to secure their spot, so it's hard to have a list ready before hand. 

In the official rules, you must have posted at least 10/12 monthly tank shots, however Chris has told me that due to the pandemic, he will be lenient on that rule provided that people are able to get their final shot and 2-3 paragraph summary posted by the end date. So get those shots and summaries posted!!

Don't forget that there were 3 goals to aim for to win the prizes, so make sure your tank thread/summary highlights the goals you accomplished with your tank!!

🚓👮‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Christopher Marks

Many thanks to @kimberbee for all her continued help with this competition! :flower:

My mother passed away this weekend and I am preparing to travel cross country for the funeral. I will be away for the final competition days, but kimberbee will help us stay on track to finish on the 31st. I will be able to prepare the voting topics and final contestant list once I return next week.

It has been a crazy year for everyone, hopefully this tank competition has been a bright spot amidst it all. ❤️ 

• Sad 18
19 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Many thanks to @kimberbee for all her continued help with this competition! :flower:

My mother passed away this weekend and I am preparing to travel cross country for the funeral. I will be away for the final competition days, but kimberbee will help us stay on track to finish on the 31st. I will be able to prepare the voting topics and final contestant list once I return next week.

It has been a crazy year for everyone, hopefully this tank competition has been a bright spot amidst it all. ❤️ 

So sorry @Christopher Marks! Be safe traveling!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Take care, sorry to hear about such an awful start to the new year, family first; even if Kimber wasn't able to help out I don't think a single soul in the competition would mind waiting for as long as you need.
Safe travels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been going through entries and checking for FTS and thread activity. 

We had about 70 people that had entered into the contest, and there's only about 20 entrants left that I hope will make it to the end. Quite a lot of people stopped posting within the first few months of the contest. 

I've commented to remind users of the final post deadline on threads that had some activity within the last few months, even if a few monthly updates had been missed. I skipped any threads that have been inactive, or of the user hasn't signed into the site in a few months.

I hope you all make sure to get that last shot and summary in to qualify!! The odds of winning are pretty high. 

Good luck everyone!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

So sorry to hear. Take care of yourself and the fam.

• Thanks 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

Sorry to hear about your Mom, CM. If you need a hug, or just want to get your mind off things for an hour or two, you’re welcome to come by and talk reefs with the tank keeper and I. (Fair warning - there’s almost always some sort of TK homemade baked good, and a whole fridge committed to beer, so I hope you’re hungry and/or thirsty.) We’re just down the road in Mesa if you or your family need anything - please feel free to send a message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic