ReefCleaners.org

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

I didn't even know about the FTS per month photo.

I hope they do relax that rule. If not, which means I'm out of the contest, this tank is getting an upgrade to a simple UNS glass box.  😁

On 11/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, banasophia said:

Still around... thankful my tank is low maintenance... just got back from a week and a half out of town and the hubs didn’t crash it, so that’s a plus. 

I thought you weren’t leaving the house cause of the covid..

2 hours ago, Sancho said:

I thought you weren’t leaving the house cause of the covid..

Some things are worth taking a risk for... I was volunteering... took a lot of precautions to protect myself and others and I was actually very impressed with all the covid precautions they are taking in Nevada vs here where I live In NorCal 

• Like 3
On 11/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, banasophia said:

Some things are worth taking a risk for... I was volunteering... took a lot of precautions to protect myself and others and I was actually very impressed with all the covid precautions they are taking in Nevada vs here where I live In NorCal 

Volunteering in Nevada 🤔 Were you ballot  harvesting? 😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sancho said:

Volunteering in Nevada 🤔 Were you ballot  harvesting? 😂

Good guess... I wasn’t doing ballot collection, but I was volunteering for the campaign. 🙂☮️✌️

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Good guess... I wasn’t doing ballot collection, but I was volunteering for the campaign. 🙂☮️✌️

So ballot harvesting 🤷‍♂️ Got it

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

4792c57479eb80b494f864a2ee39a244.jpg.bfe232ae9f7111b5198824324e927495.jpg

100% know what it means, people were sent to states to help the “elderly, the uninformed  or the just absolutely stupid” to help them fill out their ballot and deliver it to an “approved” voting place...or she was sent there as a paid “volunteer “  to disrupt what is and has always been a red state...but I digress I’ll hail Queen Harris 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Sancho said:

100% know what it means, people were sent to states to help the “elderly, the uninformed  or the just absolutely stupid” to help them fill out their ballot and deliver it to an “approved” voting place...or she was sent there as a paid “volunteer “  to disrupt what is and has always been a red state...but I digress I’ll hail Queen Harris 

I'd probably just take a step back from identity politics in general from the sound of it, maybe just focus down on one or two issues and get involved with them yourself.

In the meantime it does appear you may have to make do with a pair of lifelong-centrists in office for the next 4 years.

Se la vie, more policy, appointment and legal opinions to read through. Should be enjoyable.

Just so we're clear however, you do realize you're harassing another member of a rather cozy online community on baseless assumptions you've made about their political affiliation and volunteerwork, correct?

• Like 4

No one paid me... as I said before I volunteered. And as I previously mentioned, I didn’t do ballot collection/harvesting. Yes, I went to Nevada since it was expected to be a swing state. As I’m sure you can tell, I’m trying to avoid a big political discussion here... people are so divided due to politics right now and I like focusing on things that can bring us together... I’m sure you noticed I’ve stayed out of political discussions in the lounge and my chat thread as well... 

Just finished my water change... my macro seems to be on the loose. I guess I need to come up with a way to secure it. 
D8B90303-CED6-4FEA-99FD-F24617B79A7A.thumb.jpeg.4a16d6c2464c21a593d9a02945cbd9f7.jpeg

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, banasophia said:

No one paid me... as I said before I volunteered. And as I previously mentioned, I didn’t do ballot collection/harvesting. Yes, I went to Nevada since it was expected to be a swing state. As I’m sure you can tell, I’m trying to avoid a big political discussion here... people are so divided due to politics right now and I like focusing on things that can bring us together... I’m sure you noticed I’ve stayed out of political discussions in the lounge and my chat thread as well... 

Just finished my water change... my macro seems to be on the loose. I guess I need to come up with a way to secure it. 
D8B90303-CED6-4FEA-99FD-F24617B79A7A.thumb.jpeg.4a16d6c2464c21a593d9a02945cbd9f7.jpeg

So you travel to Nevada to volunteer, to do no ballot harvesting or vote collecting to support Biden? It must be nice to just be able to “volunteer” for a week and a half.So you were just there to give a helping hand? Or were you there to be a rioter if things kicked off?  Yeah I’m laying the assholery on thick...a few weeks ago lunch with me was out of the question when I was in Sacramento but hey ima gonna travel to Nevada and give god knows what support to Biden 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sancho said:

So you travel to Nevada to volunteer, to do no ballot harvesting or vote collecting to support Biden? It must be nice to just be able to “volunteer” for a week and a half.So you were just there to give a helping hand? Or were you there to be a rioter if things kicked off?  Yeah I’m laying the assholery on thick...a few weeks ago lunch with me was out of the question when I was in Sacramento but hey ima gonna travel to Nevada and give god knows what support to Biden 

🤔 so puzzled why I would have chosen to do one thing over the other. If it makes you feel better, I am not doing holiday meals with my family either.

I took the risk of exposing myself and my family to covid because the election was extremely important to me. Of course I wasn’t “rioting” and your darn well know that. I was helping with ballot curing where I drove to peoples houses that couldn’t be reached over the phone to be sure they knew there was an issue with their signature so they could follow up with their county election office to “cure” their ballot by verifying their identity with ID. Stop being such a troll. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, banasophia said:

🤔 so puzzled why I would have chosen to do one thing over the other. If it makes you feel better, I am not doing holiday meals with my family either.

I took the risk of exposing myself and my family to covid because the election was extremely important to me. Of course I wasn’t “rioting” and your darn well know that. I was helping with ballot curing where I drove to peoples houses that couldn’t be reached over the phone to be sure they knew there was an issue with their signature so they could follow up with their county election office to “cure” their ballot by verifying their identity with ID. Stop being such a troll. 

Ballot curing that’s a new one 😂😂😂😂😂🤷‍♂️😂😂🤷‍♂️😂😂🤷‍♂️😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Covid or no covid, people are gonna make time for the things that are important to them. 

So, how 'bout you guys take your politics and flirting to another thread or to DMs instead of having this random convo in the official contest thread?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2
Aqua Splendor
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Se la vie,

*C'est la vie.

Can we stop talking about "this" in this thread please?
People are using this thread to keep inform about the "All-in-one nano reef challenge"

You can start another thread if you want to continue, people get notification btw don't forget about that 😉 

EDIT: FINE @kimberbee TYPE FASTER THAN ME ON KEYBOARD!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
On 11/8/2020 at 10:36 PM, Aqua Splendor said:

*C'est la vie.

Can we stop talking about "this" in this thread please?
People are using this thread to keep inform about the "All-in-one nano reef challenge"

You can start another thread if you want to continue, people get notification btw don't forget about that 😉 

EDIT: FINE @kimberbee TYPE FASTER THAN ME ON KEYBOARD!

I blame my phone for that one lol.

Sancho I can absolutely assure you, if you actually cared or were invested past topicality and identity whatsoever, you'd be wondering nothing at all of the sort.
I think the part where everyone is saying it's best to stop would be a great hint to cut the vierre, or maybe it's the 4 years I spent volunteering to help people get out of extremist mindsets and organizations.

In case anyone stumbles-in curious here's a link to a, plain-english, legal professor and tutor on the current goin's-on.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, waldoz said:

Almost January! Whoop! Whoop!  And we only lost a clown, two shrimp and a snail. 😁

It's come around quick. Just one last FTS... Madness! 😝

• Like 1

I can’t believe how it flew bye! I am really happy on the progress of my tank. Will be interested to see how many people were able to keep their tank going all year with everything that has been going on. 

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Uuuuhhh, can we extend the contest?
I still need to put some corals in LOL, I'm so late lol.

Crazy year indeed, this project have been affected a lot by different event.
At start: Wanted to make a SPS dominant tank with a specific goby, little you know, turn into softy with shrimps and wheeleri goby.

Is there something on 31 January to gather all the active members of the contest and make some sort of final display before voting?
Like anything to filter active and inactive participants. Would love to see a post/thread with all the participants left with photos (like 5 max or something) so people can easily judge, easily scroll and watch all the aquariums made during this contest. @Christopher Marks

Life has been hectic. Tank started having issues, I was too swamped at work to pay attention to my entry, and it was summarily dismantled and the stock added to my 40 breeder. 😥

Had some die off over the summer and lost most of my corals due to heat that we couldn't control in our living space. We have now moved into our own house and I will slowly begin stocking the 40.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic