Cultivated Reef

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'll see if I can put some sort of feed together, or make a dedicated page somehow.

Yay!! With so many tanks in the competition it almost needs its own forum 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Congrats to all who have entered our reef keeping challenge, it's going to be a fun year! 🎉

I want to especially thank @kimberbee for all her help in running this competition and keeping everyone on track! You've helped make all this fun possible! ❤️ 

We'll have the official competitors list posted soon, along with links to everyone's 365 day journals.

Super shoutouts to @Jeff@CoralVue and the CoralVue Team for supporting the Nano-Reef Community every month and sponsoring these incredible prizes for our 365 Day Challenge! Their generous support helps to keep our community freely available to hobbyists all around the world! Thank you for all you do! 🙌

I think @kimberbee needs some official credentials like a badge or something........It ain’t easy being the NR po po

👮🏻‍♀️🚔🚨

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'll see if I can put some sort of feed together, or make a dedicated page somehow.

A separate forum-tab devoted to competitions could even have a backlog of past competitions so people could browse through everything in one place.
Sounds like an awesome feature considering how many entrants turned out this time around!

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

A separate forum-tab devoted to competitions could even have a backlog of past competitions so people could browse through everything in one place.
Sounds like an awesome feature considering how many entrants turned out this time around!

this is a great idea! could bring a lot of ppl on to NR. if they search google for X tank tons of fun NR  links pop up. + it would be fun it just look back at others builds.   

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, waldoz said:

Everyone needs to stop buying Fiji pink sand! There is only few places and it's 2or three times the normal cost. LoL 😜

use special grade reef sand so much better IMHO. 

love the stuff

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, waldoz said:

Everyone needs to stop buying Fiji pink sand! There is only few places and it's 2or three times the normal cost. LoL 😜

I always keep a bag on hand 😂 That’s one of the joys of nano tanks: a 20lbs bag last for several systems 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

use special grade reef sand so much better IMHO. 

love the stuff

Nope...……….fiji pink is the perfect size...…… I wish the oolight or whatever its called wouldn't move when you look at it...……. I am not a fan of chunky sand...…… :wink: 

1 hour ago, waldoz said:

I think I told you a while ago to get some on amazon...…….. it was not even 17 dollars a bag with tax a few months back...…...now yeah your going to pay for some reason...……..

2 minutes ago, waldoz said:

Yeah it was 2 or 3 months out as far as shipping. Lot of things changed since then. LoL

I ordered a bag and said it was not in stock but received it within 2 weeks I think...…. 

CnC has some I think can ask next time I am in there what his price is...….. 

55 minutes ago, spectra said:

Nope...……….fiji pink is the perfect size...…… I wish the oolight or whatever its called wouldn't move when you look at it...……. I am not a fan of chunky sand...…… :wink: 

what!?  how dare you not like the sand I like....HAHA to be honest I have ever used the fiji pink maybe I should have with with fiji cube...

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

what!?  how dare you not like the sand I like....HAHA to be honest I have ever used the fiji pink maybe I should have with with fiji cube...

The special grade looks good but just a little to big for me...…….. 

• Like 1
On 3/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, Amphrites said:

Like the monthly TOTM's? That'd be cool

• Like 7

Did we ever get the list of contestants? I am not fallowing every build and would love to spy...errr i mean  check in  on all the great builds going on. 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
Christopher Marks
On 3/8/2020 at 2:48 PM, devaji108 said:

Did we ever get the list of contestants? I am not fallowing every build and would love to spy...errr i mean  check in  on all the great builds going on. 😄

I’ll have it posted very soon! Work has been kicking my butt this past week. 

• Like 10
27 minutes ago, Seea said:

This is the biggest candycane coral I have ever seen in captivity 

image.thumb.jpeg.f5d7503074242f8b4c8b8059bafa7a04.jpeg
sorry for bad picture

Didn't see it at first, but that's huge! 

Too bad the view is blocked by all that algae 😁

Chadicus Meridius
5 minutes ago, Joevember said:

Didn't see it at first, but that's huge! 

Too bad the view is blocked by all that algae 😁

Yea, the person who owns the tank is just too busy he works a lot, tanks basically on autopilot since he works 7 days a week.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic