Top Shelf Aquatics

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

NoOneLikesADryTang

The tank keeper sent me this, this morning. Obviously they’re still paying attention to NanoReef, even when away from home. I almost think it qualifies as permission... What do you guys and gals think? 

27D25D77-5D1E-453F-9708-7039D2C1D621.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

My DIY AIO pico is well underway!! It will only be about a liter of water haha 😄 I’m having a lot of fun making it! I think I’ll have it completely constructed and filled with water by tonight. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I almost think it qualifies as permission... What do you guys and gals think? 

27D25D77-5D1E-453F-9708-7039D2C1D621.jpeg

I see nothing.

sgt-schultz.jpg

See no evil. Hear no evil.

A1++monkeys.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
21 minutes ago, Maddlesrain said:

My DIY AIO pico is well underway!! It will only be about a liter of water haha 😄 I’m having a lot of fun making it! I think I’ll have it completely constructed and filled with water by tonight. 

Nice!! May have just missed it... did you get the condiment pic? If not yet, be sure you get that before you fill it up. 🤗

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Nice!! May have just missed it... did you get the condiment pic? If not yet, be sure you get that before you fill it up. 🤗

Not yet! I haven’t finished constructing it yet, but I should have that photo and my build thread up tonight! I just hope I have a condiment small enough to fit inside the tank lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Maddlesrain said:

Not yet! I haven’t finished constructing it yet, but I should have that photo and my build thread up tonight! I just hope I have a condiment small enough to fit inside the tank lol 

Hehe you need one of those mini bottles of tobasco!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
NoOneLikesADryTang
8 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

well I have my theme down now to get a tank...LOL

OR start my RFA nano over if I cant. 

What's it going to be? What's the girlfriend like - so we (you) can get her on board. 

This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, Maddlesrain said:

What materials are you using?

1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

What materials are you using?

I’ll make sure to post a full list with the build, but so far I have a wide cylinder vase as the tank, a repurposed plastic binder to create the back chamber, a tiny pump for flow, and a little clip on reading light. I’m also working on making a media basket type thing for some filtration. I’m also going to use black sand for this little project! 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Maddlesrain said:

I’ll make sure to post a full list with the build, but so far I have a wide cylinder vase as the tank, a repurposed plastic binder to create the back chamber, a tiny pump for flow, and a little clip on reading light. I’m also working on making a media basket type thing for some filtration. I’m also going to use black sand for this little project! 

Dude this is going to cool to see. i'll eagerly wait til your build thread is up...and if its not in a few days expect some harassment...HAHA  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

What's it going to be? What's the girlfriend like - so we (you) can get her on board. 

the them is DIY rock and Zoa garden. stay tuned for some awesomeness...I HOPE

is it bad that I just ordered a few things with out  a 100% yes yet 😮

her main thing is she don't like fish taken form the ocean, dont want a messy house- needs it to be very clean  I told her I would have this in the new basement fish room but she said you will only get to enjoy it a few min a day. she looked up fish tanks in unfurnished basements  to see what others like/dislike about it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

Dude this is going to cool to see. i'll eagerly wait til your build thread is up...and if its not in a few days expect some harassment...HAHA  

Haha please do keep me on track if you have to! I am going to do my best not to slack at all though lol 

and thank you for the vote of confidence, I hope it turns out how I’m imagining! 

Chadicus Meridius

So, when I check all the websites to see if the tank is in stock(innovative marine fusion 20) it is not, however it is in stock at innovative marines website which makes me wonder if they are trustworthy enough to to buy from.

1 hour ago, Seea said:

So, when I check all the websites to see if the tank is in stock(innovative marine fusion 20) it is not, however it is in stock at innovative marines website which makes me wonder if they are trustworthy enough to to buy from.

Lots of times tanks are shipped from the manufacturer, maybe just call im and see if it’s actually in stock.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Seea said:

I heard a rumor-and it's just that a rumor-  that they might be discontinuing that tank ( if you are talking about the peninsula )   if not then...alot of shipment from china are being delayed due to the corona virus. reach out to them they get back to you pretty fast. 

I’m officially done constructing the tank! I’ll make a thread with this official entry photo shortly, but I just wanted to share since I’m excited to have it done!! The only thing left to add is some sort of ATO. Can I add this later, or do I need every piece of equipment I’ll use for the duration of the year right now? 

Now to fill it!! 

29A9CAC7-22F7-439E-AA58-23620472F2C5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, MarReef said:

Hey guys new here to the forum.  Dont know if this pic can be my entry photo but it will be built this weekend.  It will be a 20 gallon

20200220_193950.jpg

12 minutes ago, Maddlesrain said:

I’m officially done constructing the tank! I’ll make a thread with this official entry photo shortly, but I just wanted to share since I’m excited to have it done!! The only thing left to add is some sort of ATO. Can I add this later, or do I need every piece of equipment I’ll use for the duration of the year right now? 

Now to fill it!! 

29A9CAC7-22F7-439E-AA58-23620472F2C5.jpeg

@Christopher Marks 

• Thanks 1

I'm banking on not having to have all my DIY stuff completed before the deadline.

When asked in my thread, CM responded, "If you can show you have the empty tank with condiment inside, your work in progress DIY AIO plans as demonstrated above, and don't start up the tank before the AIO insert is installed, you'll be all set to enter and stay qualified. I will also still need to see a second condiment in tank photo with the AIO installed, before it gets filled up".

I'm still hoping to complete my AIO prior to the end of the month, but you know how life is sometimes.

• Like 5
Chadicus Meridius
8 hours ago, devaji108 said:

I heard a rumor-and it's just that a rumor-  that they might be discontinuing that tank ( if you are talking about the peninsula )   if not then...alot of shipment from china are being delayed due to the corona virus. reach out to them they get back to you pretty fast. 

Ok, that would make sense so I will just wait for the nuvo fusion 20 gallon to come in stock. Thank you.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic