Innovative Marine Aquariums

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

On 2/17/2020 at 2:17 PM, Wingy said:

My contest tank from the old school is still up.

A little more than 24 hours after I posted this I cracked the glass on the old school contest tank and needed to replace it in a hurry.  I transferred  over everything but the heater and most of the substrate.  

• Sad 5
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, Wingy said:

A little more than 24 hours after I posted this I cracked the glass on the old school contest tank and needed to replace it in a hurry.  I transferred  over everything but the heater and most of the substrate.  

Should've touched wood 😞

@Christopher Marks  It is hard keeping track of the contest tanks because there are so many and they are split between the main tank journal and pico sub-forums.  A contest sub-forum in the main tank journal would make it easier to follow.  It can be merged into tank journals after the contest is over.

• Like 3
Just now, Wingy said:

@Christopher Marks  it is going to be hard keeping track of the contest tanks because there are so many and they are split between the main tank journal and pico sub-forums.  A contest sub-forum in the main tank journal would make it easier to follow.  It can be merged into tank journals after the contest is over.

That's why everyone needs to put in the tag. Can find them all easily 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Wingy said:

@Christopher Marks  It is hard keeping track of the contest tanks because there are so many and they are split between the main tank journal and pico sub-forums.  A contest sub-forum in the main tank journal would make it easier to follow.  It can be merged into tank journals after the contest is over.

Just click on the '365 day challenge' tag and you'll find all the entries. 🙂 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wingy said:

I cracked mine day one... or my dog did. Those tanks have such thing glass :scarry:

1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

The tank keeper is out of town for business for a couple days... Ohhh the temptations... 

oh you would be in the DOG house if she/he came home to a new tank! 

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

oh you would be in the DOG house if she/he came home to a new tank! 

I sure would be... I won't do it - but it sure is fun to day dream about it. 10 days left to talk my way in to it! 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

No not the brand new one?! 😳😳

from the last contest I mean 🙂  The janky tanks.

This AIO 5g is MUCH thicker glass and sturdy looking. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

from the last contest I mean 🙂  The janky tanks.

This AIO 5g is MUCH thicker glass and sturdy looking. 

Oh good I was afraid the new challenge tank had cracked on you

Christopher Marks
On 2/16/2020 at 6:25 PM, kimberbee said:

I believe no further arguments were made for or against. 

Chris, @Pjanssen is looking into a coldwater tank. Did you have a ruling on chillers?

👮‍♀️

On 2/16/2020 at 6:35 PM, seabass said:

IceProbes are allowed, plumbed chillers not so much.  For a small tank, IceProbes should be enough.

For the sake of the competition's 'all-in-one' concept and restrictions against external plumbing, I have decided to limit chillers to IceProbes only. While this may present some limitations, one goal of these tank building competitions is to discover and share creative solutions to work within the set boundaries.

• Like 10
On 1/31/2020 at 7:11 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Shared

Hey guys! I just made an account to follow along with everybody's project. I made a journal for my aquarium that can be found here: 

I'm super excited for this journey with everyone 😁

• Like 9
10 minutes ago, Hansentyspy said:

Hey guys! I just made an account to follow along with everybody's project. I made a journal for my aquarium that can be found here: 

I'm super excited for this journey with everyone 😁

welcome!  it's going to be a fun one for sure!

This guy is extra salty
13 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

The tank keeper is out of town for business for a couple days... Ohhh the temptations... 

C94DF243-FA32-4F2E-B026-A58D5C6AA266.jpeg.ceddc106dd017de48adf8b2e0b1f1fb1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic