Top Shelf Aquatics

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

28 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

No joke. I’m over here with my store bought AIO while everyone is all “I turned my old microwave into an AIO section for pump/filter /skimmer and DIYed it into the body of an old Ferrari so you can look thru the moon roof/hood/backend and sides just because hey it was laying around” 🤦🏽‍♀️

There needs to be a category for plain little humble tanks with no DIYs. 

I'm in the same boat. I did so much DIY back in the day and macgyvering stuff I just want to relax. The stuff some of you are making is impressive tho.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Growerguy said:

I'm in the same boat. I did so much DIY back in the day and macgyvering stuff I just want to relax. The stuff some of you are making is impressive tho.

I especially am drooling over the travertine stuff @ef4life has done, but besides the care and maintenance that goes into taking care of my veritable Aquarium de Sanchez here I don’t have the time to figure out how to actually make stuff. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, DOJOLOACH said:

Middle overflow/AIO it is then! Won't take up the whole back wall but its still an all in one! lol

Any recommendations on return pumps for this 6 gallon or is that not allowed? 😄

6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Screenshot_20200218_232304_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b9c14b1a9fa278e3ae3150c96dc7b6cc.jpg

It was between the Sicce 0.5 and that mj 606. Going with the 606. Now just to figure out some lighting hmmm. Any thoughts there? I figured sometype of striplight would be cost effective. Girlfriend says Im on a budget lol

Just now, DOJOLOACH said:

It was between the Sicce 0.5 and that mj 606. Going with the 606. Now just to figure out some lighting hmmm. Any thoughts there? I figured sometype of striplight would be cost effective. Girlfriend says Im on a budget lol

Budget friendly working towards higher end, just a few Lots out there

PAR38 BULB (ABI tuna blue?) 

Asta 20 Led

Pixie 30 Salt Water (Luminie?) 

Chinese Black Box (Mars Aqua?) 

Kessil A80

AI Prime

Different names here 😁👍

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Budget friendly working towards higher end, just a few Lots out there

PAR38 BULB (ABI tuna blue?) 

Asta 20 Led

Pixie 30 Salt Water (Luminie?) 

Chinese Black Box (Mars Aqua?) 

Kessil A80

AI Prime

Different names here 😁👍

Most of those except the black box seem like you would need 2x for proper coverage on a 20" wide tank. Do you know of any strip led's?

Hello All, 

I am a former member (cant remember my log in to my old account lol) and long time lurker. This challenge came along at the perfect time to light a fire under me and get a Pico AIO going. 

3C768EA5-9F66-4F30-AAAA-AF53A8DB3DD2.thumb.jpeg.c87438ef810870fcce3c26838be67231.jpegThanks!

Adwyth.

• Like 12
11 minutes ago, Adwyth said:

Hello All, 

I am a former member (cant remember my log in to my old account lol) and long time lurker. This challenge came along at the perfect time to light a fire under me and get a Pico AIO going. 

3C768EA5-9F66-4F30-AAAA-AF53A8DB3DD2.thumb.jpeg.c87438ef810870fcce3c26838be67231.jpegThanks!

Adwyth.

Welcome back. 😊

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Adwyth said:

:welcome:Back!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Adwyth said:

Hello All, 

Adwyth.

If I'm not mistaken that's the same tank as the 3 gallon Marineland portrait. Should be good :)

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Growerguy said:

I primarily like to build lighting, and the occasional stand. Most of the tank equipment I prefer to just creatively repurpose, especially on tiny tanks.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

If I'm not mistaken that's the same tank as the 3 gallon Marineland portrait. Should be good 🙂

I was thinking the same thing! It has a different light (same hood, different color leds to make the glow fish “glow”) and it has “Glo Fish branding on the back cover. Other than that it looks identical.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

• Like 3
NoOneLikesADryTang
2 hours ago, Adwyth said:

Hello All, 

Adwyth.

Tank Keeper?! Is that you? 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Tank Keeper?! Is that you? 

Sorry, I’m not Tank Keeper. My old forum name was “TheRiners”. I didn’t care for the name and couldn’t remember the log in info so I just made a new one lol.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
14 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Trying to push the Mrs into registering on this site and using the 5 Gallon Cube, got a few days still

I have been trying to convince the ole lady...no luck

• Sad 2
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic