Cultivated Reef

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

This guy is extra salty
4 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

E5328C14-5E88-435A-BD56-B091BF98FE1D.thumb.jpeg.78be0517d926c2a9fd0e926c33a5e346.jpeg
just a sneak peek and couldn’t agree more.  (I am cheap and got a crappy T5 but you get the idea!)

I have been thinking of making a fixture for t5 but I haven’t decided on what to build next 😂 

• Like 1
MainelyReefer
6 hours ago, devaji108 said:

SO how many of you keep the contest tanks up after the challenge is over

I still have my creative container and old school tank up and running.  The setups turned out to be appealing maintenance wise so they keep chugging along.  No reason a contest tank can’t be long term.  And no reason you would have to feel bad about taking it down post competition either, most people do take them down 

• Like 3
This guy is extra salty
7 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

I still have my creative container and old school tank up and running.  The setups turned out to be appealing maintenance wise so they keep chugging along.  No reason a contest tank can’t be long term.  And no reason you would have to feel bad about taking it down post competition either, most people do take them down 

@devaji108 I had my old school contest tank running until December, then I decided to upgrade it and use the same rock from the contest tank. Now I’m doubling the upgrade for this contest 🤣

• Like 4
NoOneLikesADryTang
On 2/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, devaji108 said:

good idea. sounds like a keeper to me 😉 

The tank keeper appreciates your compliment, and recognizes your plight with the girlfriend and Tank 3. The tank keeper and I would like to contribute some corals to this new build of yours. The tank keeper appreciates that you think of them as a keeper of a keeper! 

We’ll be watching for tank entry thread and will be sending a care package once you’re ready! 

(I guess I’ll be living vicariously through you... Maybe. Twelve days left to convince the tank keeper we NEED a sixth tank.) 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

The tank keeper appreciates your compliment, and recognizes your plight with the girlfriend and Tank 3. The tank keeper and I would like to contribute some corals to this new build of yours. The tank keeper appreciates that you think of them as a keeper of a keeper! 

We’ll be watching for tank entry thread and will be sending a care package once you’re ready! 

(I guess I’ll be living vicariously through you... Maybe. Twelve days left to convince the tank keeper we NEED a sixth tank.) 

OH my now the pressure is on to really convince the lady of the house. lol

that is mighty nice of you!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

My 100 days contest (WINNER!) tank is still up and running. I put too much emotional investment and time into it to EVER take it down (unless something better comes along).

yeah I love that tank!  she said if I promise to take it down- cross my heart and hope to die promise -she really did say that. I laughed its been a few decades since I have heard that one.  I can do it but I fear I might get to attached to it. 😛

oh 1st world problems....

• Like 5
This guy is extra salty
14 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

yeah I love that tank!  she said if I promise to take it down- cross my heart and hope to die promise -she really did say that. I laughed its been a few decades since I have heard that one.  I can do it but I fear I might get to attached to it. 😛

oh 1st world problems....

At least she didn’t say you can’t spend any money 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Jeez my tank is my 3rd SW to go with my fresh tank and fresh pond.... It’s called the flirting with divorce tank for a reason, though MY keeper doesn’t help with the tanks. Does this qualify for gifty corals? 

• Haha 5
NoOneLikesADryTang
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Are we ever going to be introduced to this mysterious "Keeper" of yours?

Ha! That’s totally up to the tank keeper. All though, if anyone comes to MACNA this year and there’s a NanoReef get together (hint hint @Christopher Marks) you’d definitely get to meet the tank keeper. 

• Like 4

I tried to make an in sump venturi driven protein skimmer back in the 1990s. I could never get the water height correct. It made for a pretty acrylic fountain in my cabinet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
19 hours ago, Lingwendil said:

Other peoples full tank shots:

No joke. I’m over here with my store bought AIO while everyone is all “I turned my old microwave into an AIO section for pump/filter /skimmer and DIYed it into the body of an old Ferrari so you can look thru the moon roof/hood/backend and sides just because hey it was laying around” 🤦🏽‍♀️

There needs to be a category for plain little humble tanks with no DIYs. 

• Haha 10
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic