inTank Media Baskets

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

This guy is extra salty
4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Peace out people. This is not the kind of inclusive and welcoming community I want to be a part of if we need to make it this difficult for new people to join in. To all my haters - party time for you, feel free to rejoice. Anyone that wants to keep in touch, I can be found on Instagram and Facebook under the same name. 

Don’t leave! Lol

better be following my thread still loljk

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
57 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Beers a condiment right? It’s kinda like that hot sauce “I put that s**t on everything” 🤗 Still unsure if I’m entering though. 

00ECB721-49E7-4029-B9B3-9F42384F4403.jpeg

I’ll allow it!!!

is that an IM10?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’ll allow it!!!

is that an IM10?

I dont think it's the IM 10 but i could be wrong. that tank has rounded corners. the Im tank I have looked at online are 45s corners. 

BUT what the heck do it know.  

1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’ll allow it!!!

is that an IM10?

4 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

I dont think it's the IM 10 but i could be wrong. that tank has rounded corners. the Im tank I have looked at online are 45s corners. 

BUT what the heck do it know.  

Pretty sure it's the CAD 8

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

You could potentially drill a hole between them with a Dremel and diamond grit glass cutting bit. You'd need a right angle Dremel adapter to get in the tight space, but if successful it would be easier to plug the hole internally to divide the tanks at a later date.

Yup, that's correct. Tanks don't have to be filled with water by the 29th, just entered with a journal thread and dry condiment in tank photo.

Sorry that I cannot be more accommodating, I'd personally love for you to participate in the competition, but I have to draw the line somewhere. The condiment in a dry tank rule is one I must stick to hard and fast, as others have already been held to it as well.

You can still drain your tank and reset it for a quick photo to qualify before the deadline. That's our barrier to entry for the competition, quirky as it is.

Thanks for the tip. It is glass from the main display back into the AIO

• Like 1
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’ll allow it!!!

is that an IM10?

Dont let that noob in on our fun , he isn't even drinking good beer. 

That looks like a CAD lights tank . 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Coolbreeze said:

8D792693-BBBF-4BA9-8268-FBA4222EAF3B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2f7922d1271a3e694e0a56ae3b851e8c.jpeg

Its here and now it is official that I entered this tank 🙂

Sweet baby modification has arrived 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, jbb_00 said:

Dont let that noob in on our fun , he isn't even drinking good beer. 

That looks like a CAD lights tank . 

Fun? I’m still waiting of my tank seams to dry😭

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

So... a friend of mine showed me the challenge and I ended up creating an account to ask my questions. lol

The first and the biggest question for me is: does a standard Aqueon aquarium with a MATTEN FILTER at one end counts as an AIO aquarium??

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I'm in. Just need another week to clear out some personal things before I can set up a proper tank thread. :happy:

Glad you able to join!! :happydance:

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, SassyPistol said:

So... a friend of mine showed me the challenge and I ended up creating an account to ask my questions. lol

The first and the biggest question for me is: does a standard Aqueon aquarium with a MATTEN FILTER at one end counts as an AIO aquarium??

Thanks in advance.

whoaaaa never heard of that filter before... had to look it up. It's like it's part AIO as you could hide heaters and such behind it but also part a filter since the divider is a mechanical sponge filter itself. Mind blown!!!

I feel like keeping such a thing clean in a salt water environment would be a pain though. 🤔

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

whoaaaa never heard of that filter before... had to look it up. It's like it's part AIO as you could hide heaters and such behind it but also part a filter since the divider is a mechanical sponge filter itself. Mind blown!!!

I feel like keeping such a thing clean in a salt water environment would be a pain though. 🤔

Yeah it's something that freshwater shrimp keepers use a lot. The mat provides good surface area for shrimps to graze but you are right, i am not sure how the same thing would work in saltwater. I am thinking it may needs to be taken out and cleaned like a regular sponge filter during water changes. Not sure if that would count as a rule breaker or not.... awaiting the judge's opinion. lol

• Like 1

I bought my IM 20 Peninsula tank tonight! I am officially broke for the next couple of months, but I am super excited to enter this contest as a brand new reefer! 😄 Now, just have to wait *cough cough* patiently for my tank to arrive in the mail! 

It was funny how my boyfriend went from "NO FISH EVER AGAIN!" (one 20 gallon long planted betta tank later) to "NO MORE FISH TANKS ANYTIME SOON" to "Have you gotten your tank yet?" over the last couple of months! Thank you psychology 101 for teaching me foot-in-the-door technique!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I’ll allow it!!!

is that an IM10?

It’s a CAD 8 

5 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Pretty sure it's the CAD 8

Bingo 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

whoaaaa never heard of that filter before... had to look it up.

Same here.  Haha, how have I not seen this?

installed-34-view.jpg

bauanleitung_eckhmf_08.jpg

It's the divider and overflow; except it doesn't flow over, it flows through (as some mid-flow overflows do).  The only question seems to be the ability to temporarily remove it (for cleaning).  Seems doable with a bare bottom setup.  IDK, seems like it might qualify. :unsure:

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, seabass said:

Same here.  Haha, how have I not seen this?

installed-34-view.jpg

bauanleitung_eckhmf_08.jpg

It's the divider and overflow; except it doesn't flow over, it flows through (as some mid-flow overflows do).  The only question seems to be the ability to temporarily remove it (for cleaning).  Seems doable with a bare bottom setup.  IDK, seems like it might qualify. :unsure:

Yes, that is my plan. A bare bottom reef tank that is easy to access and clean, because I am a little tired of having to dip my whole arm into my 15 gallon column, and then proceed to drip water from my arm all over my carpet and maybe my cat.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Daan6661 said:

Can I still enter? No condiment but started the tank 13 days ago

Sure, but you'll have to drain your tank to get a proper condiment entry photo before the end of February (just like everyone else).  This doesn't mean that we don't like you. :smilie:  Good luck!

• Like 9
  • Haha 9
20 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Being welcoming to someone is one thing. Bending the rules for the start of a contest that many people have been waiting for is another. 

There are reasons for having specific entry guidelines, and that is why an announcement is posted with PLENTY of time to get things ready and to give all an equal chance to enter. 

@PNWCustomAIO, please don't take any of this as a personal attack. As I stated, long time members know these contests pop up and it's something we wait (un)patiently for. We would love to have you, or anyone join in the contest, so long as you have a proper entry, which can be clarified with Chris once he is able to. 

If you'd like to not wait, as stated by other members, a few buckets can be used to drain water, hold your rocks, sand, and chromis, and you can get a quick picture to enter the contest. It shouldn't take too long, and it's a good idea to have spare buckets on hand anyway - many hobbyists run into issues where they may need to do a 100% water change or take out and scrub the rocks.

This. Where do you draw the line? CM did the right thing. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

This. Where do you draw the line? CM did the right thing. 

I agree. I feel for the guy, as it's obvious that his tank is new. But others before him asked the same question and got the same answer. Makes me sad sad that @banasophia is judging the whole community on this unfortunate incident. I believe we are collectively a very welcoming, helpful and encouraging group of people, including @banasophia herself. 

Perhaps for future contests, announcements can be posted on facebook and twitter at the same time they are posted here. Would likely bring more people to our Forum, and help eliminate the "but I didn't know 😩" drama.

• Like 12
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic