ReefCleaners.org

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

17 hours ago, banasophia said:

Ah dang those have tini sumps! 😩😩😩

They don’t all have sumps. Some just have ATO reservoirs. Actually I think a sump is a custom order for Tinitanks. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kentech5 said:

They don’t all have sumps. Some just have ATO reservoirs. Actually I think a sump is a custom order for Tinitanks. 

Then hmmmm..... thanks for the good intel!! 🙏

• Like 1

I've got plans to set up an office tank and this competition is just the kick I need haha...! Is there any lower limit on size? I was hoping to start up a pico shrimp tank or similar, as it should be discrete enough for the office!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Was looking for an excuse to set up a new tank - good timing. Just ordered a lifeguard aquatics 4gallon all in one! Now the question is do I set it up in the bedroom or living room 😛 

Will start a thread when it arrives ❤️ 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I wonder if my mangrove tank is elegible?

@Christopher Marks

You need to start cranking out some 10 or 20 gallon AIO inserts for some of these folks so they can join the competition. 

Heck, maybe I need you to make me one for my old reefbowl!!

• Like 3
This guy is extra salty
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

You need to start cranking out some 10 or 20 gallon AIO inserts for some of these folks so they can join the competition. 

Heck, maybe I need you to make me one for my old reefbowl!!

Give me dimensions 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, banasophia said:

Ahhh wowwww!! I’m doing some research and just came across an awesome surprise! Looks like the model reef tank on the website for the Cadlights 4G Mini is the retired tank of our very own @teenyreef! Very cool! And the tank seems to be a good smaller all-in-one contender too!

D4C68C2C-C8FD-4D28-AE13-FAFF30596577.thumb.jpeg.1278d915ef016157da51d0300f446943.jpeg

Lol, I never realized they used my picture in their catalog! 

Since they never asked me, I don't feel bad in warning anyone that wants to try one to read through my thread on the mods I made to make it work better :tongueout:.

Seriously, though, it is a great tank choice because the glass is so nice, and the compartments are sized right. But newer AIO designs do a better job with the overflow and return design. In particular, having the return come out 3-4" up from the bottom of the tank is really a problem once it gets blocked by the scape. Maybe they're updated the design, though. Definitely worth checking it out!

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. My next tank (coming soon...:ninja:) will have a sump.

• Like 4
  • Wow 6
21 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Since they never asked me, I don't feel bad in warning anyone that wants to try one to read through my thread on the mods I made to make it work better :tongueout:.

Seriously, though, it is a great tank choice because the glass is so nice, and the compartments are sized right. But newer AIO designs do a better job with the overflow and return design. In particular, having the return come out 3-4" up from the bottom of the tank is really a problem once it gets blocked by the scape. Maybe they're updated the design, though. Definitely worth checking it out!

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. My next tank (coming soon...:ninja:) will have a sump.

😯 Wow. I guess that means you’re not getting any royalties or anything from that... 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Is it the tank I think it is ? 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, banasophia said:

😯 Wow. I guess that means you’re not getting any royalties or anything from that... 

I should have watermarked that picture, it has been used by so many people on the internet it's practically meme-fodder. Seriously, I just take it as a compliment - I'm not in this hobby for the money, that's for sure 😅

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

I should have watermarked that picture, it has been used by so many people on the internet it's practically meme-fodder. Seriously, I just take it as a compliment - I'm not in this hobby for the money, that's for sure 😅

It is a pretty nice compliment! 

• Like 3
Aqua Splendor

Aaa so please to see a competition 🙂

I need to put my thought together and come up with idea, i'm seriously thinking to participate, thx to @banasophia for sharing a post on her instagram, I would have probably miss it!

Love the All-In-One simplicity competition. My only concern is keep posting a photo to stay eligible with the time I have.

Not sure to understand the " with Your Favorite Food Condiment inside."  (?? lol I find this funny 🤣)

If I do something... It will be different from what we are use to.🤔 I need to think.

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Aqua Splendor said:

I need to put my thought together and come up with idea, i'm seriously thinking to participate, thx to @banasophia for sharing a post on her instagram, I would have probably miss it!

If I do something... It will be different from what we are use to.🤔

Nice! So glad you saw my post!! Very intrigued to see what you come up with if you enter!! 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, banasophia said:

will a chiller be allowed?

Valid question, that might affect a couple of people's choice.  You could always go with an IceProbe Chiller; that wouldn't be external.  However, a fan is often enough.

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

Valid question, that might affect a couple of people's choice.  You could always go with an IceProbe Chiller, that wouldn't be external.  However, a fan is often enough.

I think @Christopher Marks said water goes in is fine, but not out... The chiller is technically not ok i would assume but ... honestly... meh, fine in my opinion.
At the same time, the purpose of the rules is to make even for everyone with low budget.

• Like 1

I think contest is going to be even bigger than the last one as far as how many people are going to join in. As usual I will be trying to follow every entry tank. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for theme's. As always there will be plenty of opportunities to learn even more about this crazy hobby. 

• Like 7
Just now, Aqua Splendor said:

I think @Christopher Marks said water goes in is fine, but not out... The chiller is technically not ok i would assume but ... honestly... meh, fine in my opinion.
At the same time, the purpose of the rules is to make even for everyone with low budget.

Well the issue is that a tank with a lid like a Biocube is fully enclosed... I wouldn’t consider running mine without chillers personally... but it would be nice to include as an option here. It may be possible to rig a fan but it would be a drag to get disqualified from the competition if that doesn’t work out. 

If I enter I won’t be using a Biocube anyway, because it won’t fit on my desk and would be too hard to convince the hubs that I need a third Biocube running 😬☺️, but I’d like to see the option for others since in my (totally biased!) opinion it’s the best AIO out there. 😁

• Like 4
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic