Coral Vue Hydros

365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge 🏁

Christopher Marks

Oh geez you guys are making this look like too much fun... maybe the hubs won’t notice if I sneak a small one into the home office!! 🤔🤫

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

A couple questions.

1. Does the entry photo have to have all the equipment you plan to use in it (such as the powerhead, heater, pumps, etc) or can it just be the empty tank with the AIO compartment?

2. Can the AIO be one that is added separately, such as an Oceanbox AIO Reef Conversion kit? 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
9 minutes ago, danistarr said:

A couple questions.

1. Does the entry photo have to have all the equipment you plan to use in it (such as the powerhead, heater, pumps, etc) or can it just be the empty tank with the AIO compartment?

2. Can the AIO be one that is added separately, such as an Oceanbox AIO Reef Conversion kit? 

1. Empty tank and dividing compartment is fine to start. 

2. Yup, DIY all-in-one tanks are welcome!

3 hours ago, banasophia said:

Oh geez you guys are making this look like too much fun... maybe the hubs won’t notice if I sneak a small one into the home office!! 🤔🤫

I already have started the bargaining and negotiating with mine! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, seabass said:

You'll have to empty it out, dry it out, then take a proper pic.  Shouldn't be too hard, if you still wish to enter.  Put the rock and water in 5 gallon buckets while you take the entry photo.  Then you'll need a contest thread.

Soooo. I can empty out my IM14 Caribbean tank, clean it up, put a bottle of ketchup in it, take a pic, then put everything back in and I'm good to go?...Just Kidding. I'm out for this one, but I'll be following along.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Ahhh wowwww!! I’m doing some research and just came across an awesome surprise! Looks like the model reef tank on the website for the Cadlights 4G Mini is the retired tank of our very own @teenyreef! Very cool! And the tank seems to be a good smaller all-in-one contender too!

D4C68C2C-C8FD-4D28-AE13-FAFF30596577.thumb.jpeg.1278d915ef016157da51d0300f446943.jpeg

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Ahhh wowwww!! I’m doing some research and just came across an awesome surprise! Looks like the model reef tank on the website for the Cadlights 4G Mini is the retired tank of our very own @teenyreef! Very cool! And the tank seems to be a good smaller all-in-one contender too!

D4C68C2C-C8FD-4D28-AE13-FAFF30596577.thumb.jpeg.1278d915ef016157da51d0300f446943.jpeg

Same tank I have...it came in a 4 and an 8....I don’t think the either hold the water that’s advertised my 8 really only held about 4.5 gallons 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, banasophia said:

So what’s the smallest all-in-one that can grow corals with its stock lights? 

The CAD lights 4 with led was the smallest aio Ive seen that was truly a plug and play pico / nano 

• Like 2

I’ve been on OfferUp scouting for used aio tanks. I have a brand new 5g glass tank from Petco I might try and do something with diy. I’m Not sure if I’m going to do this competition or not yet. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Sancho said:

The CAD lights 4 with led was the smallest aio Ive seen that was truly a plug and play pico / nano 

Isn't there a tiny JBJ out there that came with a light. Kat used it for her little garden tank with the polymer tree... 

Cubey 3 gallon... looks like it's  discontinued. 😕

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, banasophia said:

7 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

I'm pretty tempted...

6 hours ago, ef4life said:

I’ve been on OfferUp scouting for used aio tanks. I have a brand new 5g glass tank from Petco I might try and do something with diy. I’m Not sure if I’m going to do this competition or not yet. 

giphy.gif.a1b2da71ffbec1fe31437c7b0e8030f6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Soooo. I can empty out my IM14 Caribbean tank, clean it up, put a bottle of ketchup in it...   Just Kidding.

Yeah, I thought about that too.  I know you were joking; however, people do like to push the limits.  So where is the hypothetical line?

If it were up to me, I'd say that livestock shouldn't be removed just to be added back into the same tank.  If someone wanted to use a currently setup AIO, they should permanently transfer the livestock to another tank.

Of course, we still get into the issue of using coral from our other tanks.  That has typically been allowed.  I'm planning on doing this.

• Like 5

so last night I couldn’t sleep, brainstorming competition tank ideas. I think I’m in. And I think I’m going bare bottom to try something different 

any ideas for a 5 gallon sized return pump and wavemaker?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ef4life said:

so last night I couldn’t sleep, brainstorming competition tank ideas. I think I’m in. And I think I’m going bare bottom to try something different 

any ideas for a 5 gallon sized return pump and wavemaker?

Cobalt Mini 404 or 606 for the return

• Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic