Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

Hey long time no talk!

Well it turns out I am moving back to California. Say what you will about the place but it's home for me. I accepted a new maintenance position in Monterey with Tenji, a leading professional aquarium design and build firm.

So that unfortunately means I'll have to close the doors on this coral journal. It's been a great ride and really rewarding working through this tank. I do have one more parameter report from a week ago. I'll post the last photos this weekend.

Thanks for having me.

For you local folks, take you what you'd like. If you want to inherit it's entirety we can also work that out.

• Like 3

Congrats on the new job! I loved reading your journal and looking forward to your new one once you get settled in.

I've also moved away from SoCal and miss the oceans and mountains everyday.

• Like 2

Hey that's awesome news! Congrats on the new gig! Sorry to hear that you'll be breaking down the reef, but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before you've got another one up and running. 😉

• Like 1
DISQUALIFIED-QQ
14 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Congratulations on the new job. 

Thank you!

9 hours ago, billygoat said:

Hey that's awesome news! Congrats on the new gig! Sorry to hear that you'll be breaking down the reef, but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before you've got another one up and running. 😉

Yeah it's a really bittersweet moment, but I'm entrusting the stock to three people I know that care about coral just as much as I do. ...I've been debating on a Red Sea/Persian Gulf biotope eventually, but Korea/Sea of Japan has been a long time curiosity.

11 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

Congrats on the new job! I loved reading your journal and looking forward to your new one once you get settled in.

I've also moved away from SoCal and miss the oceans and mountains everyday.

Thanks man. I'm glad you've enjoyed the read. I'm moving to the San Jose/Monterey area so not quite home, but I did buzz about those parts during my college days, so it's still a nice return.

The conversation doesn't have to end here. If there's any questions about the life of this build, I'll do my best answering them.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
DISQUALIFIED-QQ

This was incredibly overdue, but here it is.

May 15

Temperature 26.8°C

Salinity 37 ppt

Alkalinity 7.3 dKh

Calcium 500+ ppm

Magnesium 1470 ppm

Phosphate 0.02 ppm

Nitrate 8 ppm

• Like 2