Jump to content
dannyk35

Dannys IM Nuvo 10 Reef

Recommended Posts

dannyk35

Hello Everybody!

 

Its been about a year and a half since I had my 1 Gallon Cubus reef which I ended up tearing down before I moved back home.  Now that I've been settled back in Wisconsin for a while, I felt it was time to get back into Saltwater. So, today I went and picked up an IM Nuvo 10 Pro from my LFS for 199.99. I will be picking up live rock tomorrow morning, I just wanted to get it running tonight with the sand.

 

Equipment:

Tank: IM Nuvo 10

Light: PAR30 (I believe. This light is off of my Cubus, I have a PAR38 on the way.)

Heater: ViaAqua 50W

Sand: Nature's Ocean Live Aragonite Sand

 

Shoutout to @Tamberav and @Seadragon for suggesting this tank to me!

 

Here's how it looks right now.  My Iphone 11Pro is making it a lot bluer than it actually is.  I will be posting more photos tomorrow once I get live rock.

 

kMPjeZ7.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Bigrahizzle

I will follow your build as I am also starting out new. Can’t decide if I want to buy an all in one starter kit for the Nuvo 10 fusion pro or get the equipment separately 

Share this post


Link to post
Smurf

Following since I had just started my new build as well. Best of luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

Day 2! 

 

I went and picked up around 8-10 lbs of live rock this morning.  Here's the result!

 

7GufvFK.jpg

 

 

11 hours ago, Bigrahizzle said:

I will follow your build as I am also starting out new. Can’t decide if I want to buy an all in one starter kit for the Nuvo 10 fusion pro or get the equipment separately 

I did the pro, as it makes more sense to get everything together IMO.

11 hours ago, Smurf said:

Following since I had just started my new build as well. Best of luck! 

Thank you! I'll check yours out!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Seadragon

It's looking cute!  Which corals and fish are you planning to get for this reef tank?

Share this post


Link to post
SURVEYMAN46123

Great tank to own.   Love my little NUVO 10!

 

Good luck on your journey!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Looks good! These are great little tanks, mine is retired from salt atm and is a glorified betta tank 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35
On 1/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, Seadragon said:

It's looking cute!  Which corals and fish are you planning to get for this reef tank?

Thank you! I'm looking at getting a pair of clowns and a goby of some sort. 

 

Coral wise, it'll most likely be a zoa garden with some frogspawn, and GSPs.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Great tank to own.   Love my little NUVO 10!

 

Good luck on your journey!

 

 

Thank you! I'll check yours out!

On 1/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tamberav said:

Looks good! These are great little tanks, mine is retired from salt atm and is a glorified betta tank 🙂

Thank you! That's gotta be one happy betta!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

Day 3! Today we went and got a 3 blue legged hermits to help the cycling process. They really make this tank look huge!

 

FTS

zoKWXBM.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
nano_izzy

looking good so far. following and ill be setting up my nuvo 10 within the week as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigrahizzle

Looking good!

 

is there a light for the Nuvo that sits flat on the top rather than hangs over? I want the light focused inside the tank rather than bleed out the top. I plan on keeping the tank in my room so I don’t want it to be a distraction while going to bed 

Share this post


Link to post
Smurf

Blue legs have so much character!

 

I personally can’t wait till I add members of my CUC. 

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35
20 hours ago, nano_izzy said:

looking good so far. following and ill be setting up my nuvo 10 within the week as well! 

Awesome! They're truly great tanks!

20 hours ago, Bigrahizzle said:

Looking good!

 

is there a light for the Nuvo that sits flat on the top rather than hangs over? I want the light focused inside the tank rather than bleed out the top. I plan on keeping the tank in my room so I don’t want it to be a distraction while going to bed 

I honestly don't know about that. I know I'm going to be getting the Prime HD once funds allow.

19 hours ago, Smurf said:

Blue legs have so much character!

 

I personally can’t wait till I add members of my CUC. 

I agree! I just figured they'd help with the cycling process. They've been hiding for the most part today.

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

Nothing to really report from the last two days.  I went to a newer LFS yesterday and found that I will be getting my clowns and a few frags from them once ready.  My hermit crabs are doing great, as well.  I hope everyone has a great week!

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

Day 6.

 

Today while I was out and about, I got a dwarf zebra hermit crab.

MftM6YO.jpg

I also attempted to get pictures of 2 of my 3 blue legs that were out and about.

GTk2Q9b.jpg

aWkOgy7.jpg

 

Lastly, here's an FTS.

 

I haven't noticed much of an ammonia spike yet, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm even going to see one.

AgwkiiP.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

My PAR38 finally came! It really brightens up the room! My water parameters all seem to be spot on. I might grab a colony of zoas this weekend to see how they do. The hermits are doing well, and I'm starting to see more and more hitchhikers work their way out of the rock. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

On Friday evening I went and picked up a zoa frag as well as a GSP frag. I think the PAR38 is too strong for the GSPs at the moment, as they only seem to open up when the light is off. However, the Zoas love it. Does anybody have an idea as to what type of zoas these are? They're a very vivid orange.

 

IiWmhTb.jpg

 

I may be going back to the LFS today for a few more zoa frags, as they are BOGO at the moment.

 

I'm also looking into getting some snails. Any specific suggestions?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

This weekend we went to a few different LFS, and grabbed a few coral. Pics will follow later. They are all doing very well! My GSPs are also doing better, I believe the light was just too strong where I had them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

Not much to update as of late. I got myself a pair of Mocha clowns, which are doing great. Corals are all doing great, as well.

 

I won't have any pictures until next weekend as I'm gone this week for my apprenticeship. My girlfriends been taking care of the tank for me.

Share this post


Link to post
dannyk35

Another non-photo update. All is good. I picked up a Candy-Cane Pistol Shrimp, as well as a cleaner shrimp last weekend. They are both doing great. The clowns are still doing well. 

 

I hope to have some pictures up this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
On 2/11/2020 at 10:56 AM, dannyk35 said:

On Friday evening I went and picked up a zoa frag as well as a GSP frag. I think the PAR38 is too strong for the GSPs at the moment, as they only seem to open up when the light is off. However, the Zoas love it. Does anybody have an idea as to what type of zoas these are? They're a very vivid orange.

 

IiWmhTb.jpg

 

I may be going back to the LFS today for a few more zoa frags, as they are BOGO at the moment.

 

I'm also looking into getting some snails. Any specific suggestions?

Looks good! Those are Bam Bam zoas.

 

I like trochus snails 🙂 I generally have a mix though.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...