inTank Media Baskets

Dannys IM Nuvo 10 Reef

dannyk35

Hello Everybody!

Its been about a year and a half since I had my 1 Gallon Cubus reef which I ended up tearing down before I moved back home.  Now that I've been settled back in Wisconsin for a while, I felt it was time to get back into Saltwater. So, today I went and picked up an IM Nuvo 10 Pro from my LFS for 199.99. I will be picking up live rock tomorrow morning, I just wanted to get it running tonight with the sand.

Equipment:

Tank: IM Nuvo 10

Light: PAR30 (I believe. This light is off of my Cubus, I have a PAR38 on the way.)

Heater: ViaAqua 50W

Sand: Nature's Ocean Live Aragonite Sand

Shoutout to @Tamberav and @Seadragon for suggesting this tank to me!

Here's how it looks right now.  My Iphone 11Pro is making it a lot bluer than it actually is.  I will be posting more photos tomorrow once I get live rock.

kMPjeZ7.jpg

• Like 5

I will follow your build as I am also starting out new. Can’t decide if I want to buy an all in one starter kit for the Nuvo 10 fusion pro or get the equipment separately 

Day 2! 

I went and picked up around 8-10 lbs of live rock this morning.  Here's the result!

7GufvFK.jpg

11 hours ago, Bigrahizzle said:

I will follow your build as I am also starting out new. Can’t decide if I want to buy an all in one starter kit for the Nuvo 10 fusion pro or get the equipment separately 

I did the pro, as it makes more sense to get everything together IMO.

11 hours ago, Smurf said:

Following since I had just started my new build as well. Best of luck! 

Thank you! I'll check yours out!

• Like 3
On 1/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, Seadragon said:

It's looking cute!  Which corals and fish are you planning to get for this reef tank?

Thank you! I'm looking at getting a pair of clowns and a goby of some sort. 

Coral wise, it'll most likely be a zoa garden with some frogspawn, and GSPs.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Great tank to own.   Love my little NUVO 10!

Good luck on your journey!

Thank you! I'll check yours out!

On 1/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tamberav said:

Looks good! These are great little tanks, mine is retired from salt atm and is a glorified betta tank 🙂

Thank you! That's gotta be one happy betta!

• Like 2

Looking good!

is there a light for the Nuvo that sits flat on the top rather than hangs over? I want the light focused inside the tank rather than bleed out the top. I plan on keeping the tank in my room so I don’t want it to be a distraction while going to bed 

20 hours ago, nano_izzy said:

looking good so far. following and ill be setting up my nuvo 10 within the week as well! 

Awesome! They're truly great tanks!

20 hours ago, Bigrahizzle said:

Looking good!

is there a light for the Nuvo that sits flat on the top rather than hangs over? I want the light focused inside the tank rather than bleed out the top. I plan on keeping the tank in my room so I don’t want it to be a distraction while going to bed 

I honestly don't know about that. I know I'm going to be getting the Prime HD once funds allow.

19 hours ago, Smurf said:

Blue legs have so much character!

I personally can’t wait till I add members of my CUC. 

I agree! I just figured they'd help with the cycling process. They've been hiding for the most part today.

Nothing to really report from the last two days.  I went to a newer LFS yesterday and found that I will be getting my clowns and a few frags from them once ready.  My hermit crabs are doing great, as well.  I hope everyone has a great week!

Day 6.

Today while I was out and about, I got a dwarf zebra hermit crab.

MftM6YO.jpg

I also attempted to get pictures of 2 of my 3 blue legs that were out and about.

GTk2Q9b.jpg

aWkOgy7.jpg

Lastly, here's an FTS.

I haven't noticed much of an ammonia spike yet, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm even going to see one.

AgwkiiP.jpg

• Like 3

My PAR38 finally came! It really brightens up the room! My water parameters all seem to be spot on. I might grab a colony of zoas this weekend to see how they do. The hermits are doing well, and I'm starting to see more and more hitchhikers work their way out of the rock. 

• Like 1

On Friday evening I went and picked up a zoa frag as well as a GSP frag. I think the PAR38 is too strong for the GSPs at the moment, as they only seem to open up when the light is off. However, the Zoas love it. Does anybody have an idea as to what type of zoas these are? They're a very vivid orange.

IiWmhTb.jpg

I may be going back to the LFS today for a few more zoa frags, as they are BOGO at the moment.

I'm also looking into getting some snails. Any specific suggestions?

• Like 2

This weekend we went to a few different LFS, and grabbed a few coral. Pics will follow later. They are all doing very well! My GSPs are also doing better, I believe the light was just too strong where I had them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to update as of late. I got myself a pair of Mocha clowns, which are doing great. Corals are all doing great, as well.

I won't have any pictures until next weekend as I'm gone this week for my apprenticeship. My girlfriends been taking care of the tank for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Another non-photo update. All is good. I picked up a Candy-Cane Pistol Shrimp, as well as a cleaner shrimp last weekend. They are both doing great. The clowns are still doing well. 

I hope to have some pictures up this week.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 10:56 AM, dannyk35 said:

On Friday evening I went and picked up a zoa frag as well as a GSP frag. I think the PAR38 is too strong for the GSPs at the moment, as they only seem to open up when the light is off. However, the Zoas love it. Does anybody have an idea as to what type of zoas these are? They're a very vivid orange.

IiWmhTb.jpg

I may be going back to the LFS today for a few more zoa frags, as they are BOGO at the moment.

I'm also looking into getting some snails. Any specific suggestions?

Looks good! Those are Bam Bam zoas.

I like trochus snails 🙂 I generally have a mix though.

• Like 1