inTank Media Baskets

Shelf Spec III: 365 day challenge: time lapse video of spawning

Smurf

On 7/5/2020 at 8:01 AM, kimberbee said:

How's the tank been doing? Hope you jave an update for us soon!

Going great! I am so sad that I have been consumed with family matters at the moment - but the tank has been on cruise control. Still no new additions but happy and healthy all around. I had some discoloration in most of the SPS due to some temp swings when I accidentally let the temp get a little high on a really warm day. 

Here are a couple updated photos. The growth is great! Hope they color up soon. 

1A3E49AA-66B8-4189-BE3E-56D2744C7212.jpeg

1F7C44AF-FB81-4D28-AEF6-1A4DB009E314.jpeg

696BD3CF-78B5-424F-8929-46702C5F20EB.jpeg

Sad that I had to drop from the contest due to no FTS update 😞

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Smurf said:

Sad that I had to drop from the contest due to no FTS update 😞

The rules state that you can't miss *more than* two updates, and it looks like you just missed May and June. 

You're still in it if you can post updates monthly till the end!!

• Like 3

I have this weird bacteria or algae that grows on my rock. It seems to be photo sensitive. It comes back only when the lights are on for about four hours into the heavy lighting cycle of the day. Here are some pics. Any idea?

EE3E45CB-9ECA-4ECF-A1EB-C02A8E7F06DB.jpeg

C1B54E73-515D-4F2C-B2CC-F2F609EADC4A.jpeg

banasophia
6 hours ago, Smurf said:

Here is a better up close shot. These are taken 8 hours apart.

FBDCCEFF-7062-4F2F-9746-C113B9556416.jpeg

ADB36F60-E95E-42F9-83A6-1B2383AAF5F5.jpeg

Can’t really tell what it is, but looks kinda like cyano? 

banasophia
6 hours ago, Smurf said:

Here is my update for the 365 day challenge:

7DE638CB-6F81-41FC-821F-AC2DFD1C2B4B.jpeg

Beautiful shot! I love the reflection. 

I like it! That Monti is seriously fuzzy! The minimaxi is my favorite though...I always wanted some but scared they might eat a fish or something 😛

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks! I’ll be getting around to some cleaning and FTS soon.  My pulsing Xenia is (as we all know was going to) is taking over the back wall and I’ve already fragged it four times! 

if anyone lives near me I am willing to trade or give a frag away for free. It was sold to me under Red Sea pulsing Xenia and it pulses like crazy under heavy, moderate and low flow conditions. Has a great coloring to it and does great under almost any condition. 

• Like 1

Do you mind sharing the shop that you got the xenia from.  It has a nice full shape.  The piece I have is still alive but doesn't  pulse and is really thin and scraggly.   I swear every time I look at it, it closes up just to spite me.  

On 8/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, Wingy said:

Do you mind sharing the shop that you got the xenia from.  It has a nice full shape.  The piece I have is still alive but doesn't  pulse and is really thin and scraggly.   I swear every time I look at it, it closes up just to spite me.  

I got it from a local reefer and I need to get rid of two beautiful frags. Where are you from?

Here is an updated FTS for the contest :

7802789D-2585-4CA9-BEF7-872977220BAA.jpeg

On 8/16/2020 at 1:34 AM, Smurf said:

Also... my rock flower Anemone is skeeting for a second time this season.

FD20DCB0-895E-4F7F-B74D-746985076E05.jpeg

F1C8A4AF-9097-490C-91D3-979EF8396D7C.jpeg

watch in HQ

Nice! Mine just starting popping the babies out again this week! Counted around 20-25 so far and I know there will be more. Probably need to check the overflow / filter sock in the next few days for some that might have got sucked up. 

• Like 1