Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Saliferous502’s 12g long

saliferous502

saliferous502
30 minutes ago, Dafish said:

Oh man that stinks. Hopefully It was just a freak accident and nothing happens to the other one. Are you going to replace with another of the same or just leave one for now??

I’m going to leave the one for now and monitor. Hopefully this one is fine or else we have a more serious issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
saliferous502

Been a while since an update, sorry!

So I lost the second fish the next morning. No signs of illness, all happened so quickly. Tested the water right after and there was a significant nitrate spike. The only thing I could think of is that I agitated the sand bed too much during a water change. Anyway, got over it and decided to not put any fish in for two months just in case there was ich.

Several water changes and one algae bloom later, things are back to normal and everything looks good. Lost a cyphastrea frag during the bloom, but duncans have sprouted two more heads, both zoa frags have a few new polyps, and the acan is looking good and pods galore. Even have some coraline growing on the powerheads. 

Im sad the fishies are gone but happy to be through the first hiccup. Hope everyone else is doing well during these strange times we’re living in! 

• 2 months later...