Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoOceanio

Hope everyone is doing great.

I could not handle the fluval stock light and the way it made my corals look, so about 3 days ago I purchased the AI Prime 16 and it is really a phenomenal product. My question for you all is: How do my settings/schedule look for my tank? I was told at the LFS to not go passed 40% on blues, violet, or UV, keep the Red and Greens less than 6%, and keep the cool white at 1/4 of the blues. With that being said, I took his advice and sort of mixed it in with Eddie Putra's schedule on the AI Prime website.  Let me know what you guys think, I have the 13.5 Fluval Evo. I would love to hear some suggestions y'all have and also comment if I am doing anything wrong. I know the color of the tank is really based on our own preferences, but I'd like to see the settings that you guys are running on your nano tank and maybe a picture to go with it so I can see if I would prefer it in my tank. Finally, let me know what you guys think about my schedule setup. I keep 2% blues on throughout the night with 5% moonlight, at 10 AM, the moonlight reaches 0% and I add 1% of red and green and the blues increase to 8%. My ramp up goes from 10 AM to 2PM, where the intensity of the UV goes to 25%, the violet reaches to 30%, the blues reach 35%, the green and red both go to 5% and the cool white reaches 10%. Then the UV ramps up to 35% at 4PM, and the blues reach 40%, everything else stays the same. Then from 4PM on, the everything starts gradually decreasing until the UV's, Violet, Green, Red, and Cool White reach 0% at 10PM (the blues stay go back to 8%). From 10 PM to 11PM, the blues gradually decrease back to 2% and then moonlight starts increasing to 5%. Im going to attach a photo of my schedule so it will be easier for you to examine, sorry if I went overboard with the description of it, but please let me know if I am doing anything wrong and any suggestions that you may have please share. Thanks! 

DE623ABB-5F5D-436C-AD41-8AF434BB7315.png

I have found the Facebook group for the AI lights super helpful.  Loads of shared schedules you can download with a lot of reviews about how the schedules are working out for growth.  Having said that I don’t have the new version of the AI prime and haven’t been on there since it came out. But, just an FYI, it’s worth checking out.

NoOneLikesADryTang

I have a Hydra HD 26 on a slightly larger tank (17 gallons, and I know this light is overkill for that tank) - but I have all channels ramp up to 60%, and then start ramping down, until I get a few hours of blues in the evening. 

With that being said, I would think you may want to nudge your light output up eventually, depending on the corals your keeping/wanting to keep. I would read up on the acclimation mode, that AI lights have that slowly move the light power up on it's own and I'd probably use it if I was you, and you decide to move the light output up. 

2 hours ago, Opotter said:

I have found the Facebook group for the AI lights super helpful.  Loads of shared schedules you can download with a lot of reviews about how the schedules are working out for growth.  Having said that I don’t have the new version of the AI prime and haven’t been on there since it came out. But, just an FYI, it’s worth checking out.

What is the name of the group?

57 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I have a Hydra HD 26 on a slightly larger tank (17 gallons, and I know this light is overkill for that tank) - but I have all channels ramp up to 60%, and then start ramping down, until I get a few hours of blues in the evening. 

With that being said, I would think you may want to nudge your light output up eventually, depending on the corals your keeping/wanting to keep. I would read up on the acclimation mode, that AI lights have that slowly move the light power up on it's own and I'd probably use it if I was you, and you decide to move the light output up. 

I have a toadstool, hammer coral, frogspawn, duncan, trumpet, kenya tree, a zoanthid, and GSP. And ok Im going to look into bringing the levels up a little