SaltCritters.com

First fish is in

Brett C

Alright so the 5 day cycle really made me wary but I took a bottle of water today to be tested, all the parameters were spot on and the nitrates were around 10ppm. So I did a water change when I got home and knocked those down. And added in the first fish. The ever popular clown fish, I love these guys and it would be hard for me to have a saltwater tank without one. Also got a rock with a bit of coral on it and one other frag that I have no clue what either one is. I’ll try to include a picture of them tomorrow if they get opened up. And after doing some browsing I’ve decided to go and hunt a screen top because there are just to many options for fish that I like that are jumpers. Here’s the little guy, he’s already all over the place in the tank and he even ate about 20 minutes after I added him in.

DC70D697-E73C-4EB0-9452-7A7598C5BE84.jpeg

• Like 3

Went ahead and included the picture of the corals anyways, up in the top is the other frag I mentioned. I’ll still try to get a better one tomorrow once they open.78CF2541-6822-4FD7-8B9F-E9BC8344C014.thumb.jpeg.0f0ecbbc41b15dd77fa79e3154f23458.jpeg

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Looks like paly's and possibly Kenya leather.

You can easily diy a mesh screen with window frame kit. It's super easy.

I thought palys but wasn’t sure the other I had no clue, but all of it only cost $5 so I figured why not. Ready to see it all opened up 

That clownfish is adorable. I really like the openess of your scape too - plenty of room for the fish to swim. 😊

Do you have an official tank thread/journal yet? You can consider doing one - would love to follow along. 😊

4 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

That clownfish is adorable. I really like the openess of your scape too - plenty of room for the fish to swim. 😊

Do you have an official tank thread/journal yet? You can consider doing one - would love to follow along. 😊

Thank you, in a lot of my freshwater tanks the open center and built up edges always seemed to give the appearance of a bigger tank that I really like plus the fish liked the extra room. And no I haven’t started a tank thread yet but I think I will here in the next few days

• Like 2