CoralVue Aquarium Products

CoralVue Aquarium Products
"The sump is very attractive and the Octopus logo is awesome!"
View this email in your browser
1b2a4303-33c4-418c-8be9-da1ae774336b.png
CUSTOMER PROFILE
Reef Octopus OCTO Reef Sumps
Q&A with REEF2REEF's Peace River about the Reef Octopus OCTO Reef Sump

What was your impression of the Reef Octopus brand before using the OCTO Reef Sump?

I am a big fan of Reef Octopus. I have been using their skimmers for many years. I wasn't aware that they offered sumps.

How easy or difficult was it to get started?

I did skim the instructions, but did not watch any setup videos or ask for help. The setup was very intuitive.

What do you think about the physical appearance of the sump?

The sump is very attractive and the Octopus logo is awesome! The white, red, and clear is very pleasing.

Reef Octopus OCTO Reef Sump
What are some of the standout features of the OCTO Reef Sump?

The Reef Octopus red color accents, freshwater reservoir with lid, and protein skimmer (and/or reactor) chamber. I also like the dedicated return pump chamber, built-in filter sock holder, and adjustable water depth.

What equipment are you currently running in the sump?

I am currently using a Reef Octopus Classic 150INT Protein Skimmer, Rossmont Riser 850 Pump, AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro, and no reactor yet. The skimmer and pump are what I had on hand that were the appropriate size for the tank/stand/sump. I added the Smart ATO Micro to use with the ATO chamber.

After you acquired the sump, what else did you need to purchase to get up and running?

I had the plumbing and most other parts on hand. I believe that the only additional purchase was the Smart ATO.

AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro
What is the one thing you LIKE most about the OCTO Reef Sump?

The water flow of the input tubes to the filter sock area to the skimmer chamber is well done.

Are you planning to add any additional equipment to your sump?

The Reef Octopus Essence S-130 Skimmer and the Reef Octopus LR-150 Light Reactor fit well into the main compartment of the Reef Octopus OCTO 36A Reef Sump. I am still working on the plumbing so I do not have any pictures to share of that configuration yet.

How likely are you to recommend the OCTO Reef Sump to a friend?

Extremely likely!

GET YOUR OCTO REEF SUMP
Reef Octopus OCTO Reef Sump
4 Sizes to Choose From

House all your red Reef Octopus gear like skimmers, reactors, and pumps in a cool complementary container that looks just as good as your display tank.

OCTO Reef Sumps are Klir Compatible
9d1a2152-6211-4839-8bad-c987719bcc87.jpg
OCTO Reef Sumps are compatible with the Klir Filter Di-4 which allows you to enjoy maintenance-free aquarium filtration for months at a time. The Klir Filter automatically unrolls new filtering material to remove suspended particles from your aquarium for crystal clear water. Just drop into your filter sock holder!
Learn More » 

LIMITED-TIME SALE
Save now at participating CoralVue Authorized Resellers! Find a Store » 
Super Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer Sale

ALGAE REACTOR Q&A
562152e0-3ba7-4b87-ab2e-38cc500b8120.jpg
CUI Marine Lab Uses the Reef Octopus Light Reactor

We recently chatted with Parker Hicks from the Concordia University Marine Lab in Irvine, CA about the Reef Octopus Light Reactor. Parker added the macroalgae reactor to a 2,000-gallon marine system to help lower nitrates. By growing and harvesting sea lettuce and an unknown red algae in the reactor, Parker has observed nutrient levels become more stable in the system.
72453b18-51f7-465d-b39a-bfaeb2646c09.png

Facebook
YouTube
Instagram
Twitter
Copyright © 2020 CoralVue, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list