Top Shelf Aquatics

WATER FILL PROBLEMS WITH NUVO ALL IN ONE

oldmansreef

Can't seem to get water level correct in Nuvo 20 peninsula. Filled display area to bottom of return and pump chamber runs empty. the only way i get the pump chamber to remain full is to fill the display area to the top of the return and that defeats the purpose of the filter. Chamber 1 has an intank media basket, chamber 2, nothing, chamber 3 (pump chamber) pump, heater. any idea how to balance this out.

Either you didn't add enough water (the display will fill first...then the back, this keeps the display a constant level and evaporation happens from the back).

or your pump is too powerful for the max flow through the back chambers (if your display is overfilling).

Theres 2 ways of doing this 

Either continue filling the display and allowing the pump to pump water into the back until the return chamber stays full or just fill that chamber manually.

The return chamber needs to be filled at least to an inch below the baffle wall.

The only way I can keep water in the pump chamber is to have the display water up to the near top of the return chamber otherwise the pump chamber does not fill. I have a mighty jet 326 set to low,came with tank

Turn pump up, emptied pump chamber. Turned pump down chambered filled. Display water level remained at center of return inlet. If I lower the level in the display area the pump level water empties, can’t seem to find a happy medium. If I keep the water in the display area at this height the filter is useless, if I lower the water in display area to just above th return inlet, pump chamber empties. If I add water to pump chamber stays full but water in display area is still almost at the top of the return inlet. I’m confused

18 minutes ago, oldmansreef said:

Turn pump up, emptied pump chamber. Turned pump down chambered filled. Display water level remained at center of return inlet. If I lower the level in the display area the pump level water empties, can’t seem to find a happy medium. If I keep the water in the display area at this height the filter is useless, if I lower the water in display area to just above th return inlet, pump chamber empties. If I add water to pump chamber stays full but water in display area is still almost at the top of the return inlet. I’m confused

Pic of where you put your pump?  It seems there had been a few questions regarding pump locations on the IM tanks lately, which to me seems pretty straight forward. 

I have this tank and struggle with this a little. Do you use filter floss? Or pads? How much? I had to reduce the amount of floss to keep the water flowing through well enough for the pump to not empty the third chamber. I also have to adjust my media basket so it sits just in the center of the chamber. Pushed all the way against the intake, water won't flow through well enough and lowers the third chamber water level, and pushed all the way against the back wall I feel like too much water gets by without going through the floss.

I use a Sicce syncra 1.0 but shouldn't be too different and if anything the mightyjet should be better suited since it comes with it!

41 minutes ago, oldmansreef said:

Best I can do with iPhone hope they help

6A72C82C-55A9-4B02-AB10-E35AD2FD331D.jpeg

3CDA8D0F-49C6-499B-AE4B-D5B13D641BB0.jpeg

F7FB4B38-B7FE-4E2F-886B-954E85AB244E.jpeg

What's wrong with the display level?

My water sits at that level. About an inch from top of glass.

Your return chamber looks full and where it should be.

Is your heater in the return chamber? They are best placed in a different one.

1 hour ago, oldmansreef said:

That is normal for the pump to empty chamber when its turned up and vice versa.

2 hours ago, oldmansreef said:

Best I can do with iPhone hope they help

3CDA8D0F-49C6-499B-AE4B-D5B13D641BB0.jpeg

Return pump chamber should be about 0.5-1” below that baffle. 

heater should be in the middle chamber. in case ATO fail to fill, your heater won’t be exposed to air. 

overall it looks like your media rack and/or whatever is in the middle chamber is impeding the flow. 

• Like 1

I just set up the tank and thought the water level should be at the bottom of the return chamberi intake. The level of Lizzyann and Clown 79 are just about where my level is. There is nothing in chamber 2, and an intank media basket in chamber 1 or the return chamber. The ato and heater in chamber 3, (pump chamber) cause a refigum is going in chamber 2.  I pulled the Intank media basket out of the return chamber and ran the pump for awhile, no change,  I’m concerned because the flow into chamber1 , media basket chamber, doesn't cascade down into the chamber where it can be filtered, It’s being sucked down because of the high water level

Were the photos you took while the pump was on? If so, you have too much water in there:

3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Return pump chamber should be about 0.5-1” below that baffle. 

If the pump was off at the time, disregard, totally normal.

Anyway I think I understand a little better what you're concerned about. I think it might actually be working correctly. Can you take a pic of chamber one with the basket and filters in it and pump running so we can see how the water is flowing into? That's what you're concerned about when the pump chamber is full and the display water is where mine and clown's is, right?

Ok,after phone calls to IM, INtank< and Marine Depot, we figured out the problem>I had too much Matrix in the bottom of the media basket and it was blocking the flow.  after reducing the amount of matrix in the media basket flow was restored.  chamber 1 is filtering, chamber is bare, and the pump chamber is about an inch below the baffle.  Thank you everyone for trying to help me out.  your comments made me understand the flow of the tank. I appreciate you guys going out of your way, posting pictures and such to show me where I should be . thanks

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, oldmansreef said:

Ok,after phone calls to IM, INtank< and Marine Depot, we figured out the problem>I had too much Matrix in the bottom of the media basket and it was blocking the flow.  after reducing the amount of matrix in the media basket flow was restored.  chamber 1 is filtering, chamber is bare, and the pump chamber is about an inch below the baffle.  Thank you everyone for trying to help me out.  your comments made me understand the flow of the tank. I appreciate you guys going out of your way, posting pictures and such to show me where I should be . thanks

No worries, a lot of us have had something occur like this.

Sometimes just discussing it can help ppl figure out the issue.

• Like 1