Jump to content
seldin

Review - Innovative Marine BioSkim DC AIO Nano Protein Skimmer Universal

Recommended Posts

seldin

Review on my "Innovative Marine BioSkim DC AIO Nano Protein Skimmer Universal" $50

 

I have a Lifegard 9.98 AIO and the sump area is very, very tight. I purchased the "Innovative Marine BioSkim DC AIO Nano Protein Skimmer Universal". The ad said it was new, so I was skeptical.  Price $50. This skimmer works great. Years ago I had a Tunze skimmer and had to do a lot of adjustments. This skimmer is awesome. I recommend putting it into the 2nd chamber. Had to figure this out. The first compartment is the overfill chamber and I had a sponge in the 2nd chamber, and the skimmer in the 3rd compartment. However, for ATO to work properly, I found it better to put skimmer in the 2nd chamber. Really works well. Dimensions are 3.9" X 2.2" X 11.2. Rated up to 34 gallons. Also includes an adjustable hanger if needed.

 

Skimmer broke in very fast (few days) and when doing water changes, it goes crazy. There is a recommended water line to be set for the sump and that line, produces very nice skim. I originally wanted an Aqua C external skimmer, that I had used in many of my tanks, but that skimmer is no longer sold. In the Aqua C you could purchase a skimmer cup, that drained when it over flowed. I wish I had that feature for this skimmer. To me, this skimmer price is cheap, for how well it works.

 

For a bit, I was worried, that I would not be able to get a sump for this tight fit AOI. Luckily, this skimmer fits and does an excellent job.

 

skimmer.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marcos Duarte

Now I have a Bubble Magus QQ2 in my 30g cube (with underneath sump). Do you think it would be a good idea to change for this new Bioskim?

Share this post


Link to post
Manifest_reef

I'm having a lot of issues with this skimmer! I've had it going for a few hours and there are microbubbles EVERYWHERE it's a complete disaster. The collection cup is filling repeatedly with crystal clear water, I've dumped it out 4 times already. I have it in one of the 2nd chambers in my IM Nuvo Fusion 20 and I followed the setup directions exactly. Am I doing something wrong here???

Share this post


Link to post
Manifest_reef

 Also it's supposed to be silent and its SO LOUD

Share this post


Link to post
thedon986
1 hour ago, Manifest_reef said:

 Also it's supposed to be silent and its SO LOUD

Breaking a new skimmer, that sounds normal. Raise the cup up high and let it run for a few days and it should start to calm down. Can’t help you on the noise, IM skimmers have always been noisy if I recall correctly. It might quiet down once it breaks in and a biofilm starts to form on the surfaces. 

Share this post


Link to post
DAHNIC561
On 1/25/2020 at 7:58 PM, Manifest_reef said:

 Also it's supposed to be silent and its SO LOUD

Did yours Quit down?...

 

Just got my IM Skimmer...Looks good so far and no Micro Bubbles at all...Kinda Loud but I'm hopping it will go away after break-in...I like the Clear Plastic design to...JBJ Hooked me up with a 25G Flat Panel there aren't many equipment threads for reference on the tank but, this Skimmer sits in there perfectly and you can barley see it...

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_9527.jpg

 

IMG_9528.jpg

 

IMG_9540.jpg

 

IMG_9547.jpeg
 

IMG_9548.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
3 minutes ago, DAHNIC561 said:

Did yours Quit down?...

 

Just got my IM Skimmer...Looks good so far and no Micro Bubbles at all...Kinda Loud but I'm hopping it will go away after break-in...I like the Clear Plastic design to...JBJ Hooked me up with a 25G Flat Panel there aren't many equipment threads for reference on the tank but, this Skimmer sits in there perfectly and you can barley see it...

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_9527.jpg

 

IMG_9528.jpg

 

IMG_9540.jpg

 

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9548.jpeg

K

Has it produced any waste yet?

Share this post


Link to post
DAHNIC561
17 minutes ago, Seea said:

Has it produced any waste yet?

Has only been running for 2hrs...When I say I just got it, I literally just got it...lol...

 

2jGLbyQ.png.6606b1ff2ed7beab6755dc41760d7485.png

 

Tag me on the weekend and I'll update you on its progress...

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
1 hour ago, DAHNIC561 said:

Has only been running for 2hrs...When I say I just got it, I literally just got it...lol...

 

2jGLbyQ.png.6606b1ff2ed7beab6755dc41760d7485.png

 

Tag me on the weekend and I'll update you on its progress...

Lol sorry. Ty

Share this post


Link to post
DAHNIC561
2 hours ago, Seea said:

Lol sorry. Ty

💯👍

On 1/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, seldin said:

Review on my "Innovative Marine BioSkim DC AIO Nano Protein Skimmer Universal" $50

 

I have a Lifegard 9.98 AIO and the sump area is very, very tight. I purchased the "Innovative Marine BioSkim DC AIO Nano Protein Skimmer Universal". The ad said it was new, so I was skeptical.  Price $50. This skimmer works great. Years ago I had a Tunze skimmer and had to do a lot of adjustments. This skimmer is awesome. I recommend putting it into the 2nd chamber. Had to figure this out. The first compartment is the overfill chamber and I had a sponge in the 2nd chamber, and the skimmer in the 3rd compartment. However, for ATO to work properly, I found it better to put skimmer in the 2nd chamber. Really works well. Dimensions are 3.9" X 2.2" X 11.2. Rated up to 34 gallons. Also includes an adjustable hanger if needed.

 

Skimmer broke in very fast (few days) and when doing water changes, it goes crazy. There is a recommended water line to be set for the sump and that line, produces very nice skim. I originally wanted an Aqua C external skimmer, that I had used in many of my tanks, but that skimmer is no longer sold. In the Aqua C you could purchase a skimmer cup, that drained when it over flowed. I wish I had that feature for this skimmer. To me, this skimmer price is cheap, for how well it works.

 

For a bit, I was worried, that I would not be able to get a sump for this tight fit AOI. Luckily, this skimmer fits and does an excellent job.

 

skimmer.JPG

 Is yours running loud after break in?

Share this post


Link to post
DAHNIC561
On 4/22/2020 at 9:15 PM, Seea said:

Lol sorry. Ty

This is what we have after 2 days Tea like Waste...I did pull out some stringy gooo tho...Looks promising so far?

 

g6Q1c6I.png.655577a7ef2e41253fd857cad8af1246.png

 

IMG_9570.thumb.jpeg.384596ffdcfab34a8dcae4f9f22610bf.jpeg

 

IMG_9571.thumb.jpeg.ab05c1d1982711fc5fbcf46d55183217.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...