ReefCleaners.org

Has Anybody had problems with Caulerpa Prolifera?

Nathans_Reef

Hi everybody

i am wanting to setup my reef with lots of macroalgea inside, However i am cautious to what species wont pollute my tank. I like Caulerpa Prolifera and i was wondering Has anybody had any problems with Caulerpa Prolifera and if so what did they do about it?

Thanks Everybody 🐠

39 minutes ago, Nathans_Reef said:

Hi everybody

i am wanting to setup my reef with lots of macroalgea inside, However i am cautious to what species wont pollute my tank. I like Caulerpa Prolifera and i was wondering Has anybody had any problems with Caulerpa Prolifera and if so what did they do about it?

Thanks Everybody 🐠

I have a lot of C. prolifera growing out in my refugium and so far have no issues with it. I find it more easier/quicker-growing than grape caulerpa, for example. It does compete with my fern caulerpa for space, but I left my refugium without light for 4 full days (pitch darkness) and I only lost a few blades - no major die-off or anything. 

This is how my fuge looks like:

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I have a lot of C. prolifera growing out in my refugium and so far have no issues with it. I find it more easier/quicker-growing than grape caulerpa, for example. It does compete with my fern caulerpa for space, but I left my refugium without light for 4 full days (pitch darkness) and I only lost a few blades - no major die-off or anything. 

This is how my fuge looks like:

Hope this helps. 

It does help thanks you 🐠

• Like 2