Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral colony’s

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

FREAKINRICAN69

Your best bet is to buy local and get a better deal and not have to pay shipping none the less the whole DOA scenarios etc... Good luck and do all your research before buying...

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
8 minutes ago, FREAKINRICAN69 said:

Your best bet is to buy local and get a better deal and not have to pay shipping none the less the whole DOA scenarios etc... Good luck and do all your research before buying...

My only issue about local is that I have one LFS and it almost never gets coral in. The last order of corals that they got in was like 3 months ago, and it was like 3 single acan heads

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
44 minutes ago, Tired said:

Try asking around in the local area to see if any hobbyists have any spares, or look up reef clubs and frag swaps in your area.

Yea, cant do that either. I live in the middle of nowhere pretty much, the biggest city is like 2 hours away. I don’t know anyone else who actually has a reef tank where I live.

Look online. Like on here, or other reefing forums, to see who's in your area. I guarantee someone else is. Google "[your area] frag swap" and see if anything comes up. Find out if there's a really good LFS in that nearest city, and do a day trip there. Not worth it for basic supplies, but one long drive to pick up some really nice corals isn't too bad.

• Like 2

Reach out to A Reef Creation (ARC) in Cheektowaga NY and let them know what your looking for.  They don't have an online store but they do ship.   They are active on another website, Facebook or just call them.  

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
3 hours ago, Wingy said:

Reach out to A Reef Creation (ARC) in Cheektowaga NY and let them know what your looking for.  They don't have an online store but they do ship.   They are active on another website, Facebook or just call them.  

Ok thank you very much, I’ll have to check them out

On 1/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Yea, cant do that either. I live in the middle of nowhere pretty much, the biggest city is like 2 hours away. I don’t know anyone else who actually has a reef tank where I live.

Where are you located? Everywhere I've ever lived has a local (or local-ish) reef forum that makes it incredibly easy to find other reefers in your area, they post frag swaps/events, local fish/coral related businesses (even if they don't have a public storefront), etc.

Also, if a bigger city is 2 hours away, that's not too bad if you get there every once and a while. Get yourself a nice cooler and spend a few hours checking out all the LFS in the city and meeting up with anyone you want to buy coral from next time you are there.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I live in West Virginia, and WV Reefer could probably agree with me that there ain’t much here. I’ve searched up local reef clubs in my area and nothing shows up. I don’t even know anyone around my area who has a reef tank.

3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I live in West Virginia, and WV Reefer could probably agree with me that there ain’t much here. I’ve searched up local reef clubs in my area and nothing shows up. I don’t even know anyone around my area who has a reef tank.

Where in WV? I don't know of a WV specific club, but I know NC, TN, VA, PA, MD, and KY all have at least one regional/local forums. You should join the forum closest to where you live - that's likely what all the people nearby you do and you'll find locals.

Also, there's tons of stuff to do in WV, so I'm out there 2-3 times a year going to Seneca, New River Gorge, Snowshoe, etc. and I bet I'm not the only one on this forum.  National forums would be even easier to find people.

Something like "Hey Jack, I'm in no rush or anything, but next time you are out in WV, let me know what acros you have available - I'd like to meet up and buy a few" would work for me.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
35 minutes ago, jservedio said:

Where in WV? I don't know of a WV specific club, but I know NC, TN, VA, PA, MD, and KY all have at least one regional/local forums. You should join the forum closest to where you live - that's likely what all the people nearby you do and you'll find locals.

Also, there's tons of stuff to do in WV, so I'm out there 2-3 times a year going to Seneca, New River Gorge, Snowshoe, etc. and I bet I'm not the only one on this forum.  National forums would be even easier to find people.

Something like "Hey Jack, I'm in no rush or anything, but next time you are out in WV, let me know what acros you have available - I'd like to meet up and buy a few" would work for me.

Oh ok thanks Jack😁👍