SaltCritters.com

Theshivinator
1 minute ago, travoose said:

Tank looks awesome!

Thanks so Much!! It’s coming along very nicely so far 🙌🏼 Very excited to see it start filling in.

• Like 2
Theshivinator
Just now, vqreefer said:

Great looking tank!  Keep an eye on that sixline, I've heard they can be bullies

@vqreefer I sure will! I read that as well , I’m hoping since my clowns have been in the tank now for close to a month he won’t bully the original tank mates.
He’s my last fish I’ll be getting ,as I don’t want to crowd the tank 👌. So I don’t have to worry about him bullying anyone after him . Lol

Your tank to going very well..Once that six line get comfortable with your tank he will harassed the clownfish. I have couple of them in the past and all of them have that same attitude. Four line wrasse have a lot better personality and looks prettier.GL

• Thanks 1
Theshivinator
20 minutes ago, MakoMan36 said:

Your tank to going very well..Once that six line get comfortable with your tank he will harassed the clownfish. I have couple of them in the past and all of them have that same attitude. Four line wrasse have a lot better personality and looks prettier.GL

Thanks so much ! I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on the wrasse!! Don’t want him stressing out my clowns 😕. They told me at WWC that as long as the clowns were in the tank first they wrasse shouldn’t bother them , but only time will tell.

Theshivinator

Got this awesome new little Blue Efflatounaria frag( I believe that’s what it was called) From WWC. The blue color is so awesome and looks really unique. 

384BA74C-3ED1-4CD7-8767-ACDBD041D5D8.jpeg

• Like 2
Theshivinator

Lights dimming down . Everything’s closing up for the night. I’m loving the look this new gorgonian is giving the tank. New bright pop and good height. Polyps started to extend , can’t wait to see it in it’s full glory. 
You can see the blue hermit killed and stole one of my nassarius snails shells and is now hanging out on a branch.

My toadstool has not been fully extending but I believe he’s trying to shed 

9C8B219C-8324-4C2C-A7D8-330AAC8F5BB0.jpeg

37E750A0-0692-4CB3-B690-6B3C7034B253.jpeg

• Like 2
Theshivinator

Hey everyone !

A little Update everything is doing great in the tank so far , I’m giving things some time to grow in now. 

However, my toadstool has been doing this on and off for the past week he opens up but his polyps aren’t extending ? All my other corals are doing great. 

E7C40C21-FF8E-4B66-8FA3-CE688BE57681.jpeg

• Like 2
Theshivinator

Full polyp extension on the toadstool .

And all my fish in one shot 😍🤗🙌🏼

My clowns are still pretty small juveniles , they pick on each other a bit and seem to be hanging out together . Will they most likely pair up if they’re getting along well ?

D6AD98CA-E48A-46AF-8F11-62FB01EB77FF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
Theshivinator

Updated FTS. 
Everything is still doing great . I think it’s about time to start shopping for some more corals 🙌🏼.

Any recommendations?!

0972982F-5271-4B0D-994C-77D6F9EFAE1D.jpeg

• Like 3
Theshivinator
1 hour ago, Gakarl100 said:

love the tank, also I love the sleek look of that light, almost bought it for my tank but went with AI instead.

Thank you! Yeah I was in between the two as well. This one is doing great so far no complaints .

On 3/12/2020 at 11:28 AM, Theshivinator said:

Updated FTS. 
Everything is still doing great . I think it’s about time to start shopping for some more corals 🙌🏼.

Any recommendations?!

0972982F-5271-4B0D-994C-77D6F9EFAE1D.jpeg

I just recieved my current leds and I love the look of yours. Could you please share your settings? Thanks in advance!

Theshivinator
On 3/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, olive said:

I just recieved my current leds and I love the look of yours. Could you please share your settings? Thanks in advance!

Hey ! 
This is what mine are set on daytime sunrise starts at 7am and sunset at 5pm. Not sure if it’s correct but everything in my tank seems to do really well and growing and happy . 

99B54600-9020-4128-AEBF-14D7065E2CFE.png

• Like 1
Theshivinator

My goniopora is seeing some awesome growth ... but it seemed to almost lose its color . It is like a light pink now . Has anyone ever seen this ? Is it normal ?

6A1F9176-06BB-463F-9CFD-E304569519C3.jpeg

Nice job on your tank -- been following it as I am building my own IM 20 peninsula tank.

BTW, if you take a knife to the clear plastic outlet piece on the return pump, you can shave it down so that the spin steam nozzle sits flush. I used a serrated bread knife to cut through mine in and it took a few seconds. 

• Thanks 1
Theshivinator
6 hours ago, KMitch said:

Nice job on your tank -- been following it as I am building my own IM 20 peninsula tank.

BTW, if you take a knife to the clear plastic outlet piece on the return pump, you can shave it down so that the spin steam nozzle sits flush. I used a serrated bread knife to cut through mine in and it took a few seconds. 

Thanks so much ! Still learning new stuff everyday as I continue on.

Also, thanks for the tip on the spin stream nozzle I’ll for sure do that 👍🏼

Your tank looks awesome as well I’ll be following along .

• Like 1
14 hours ago, KMitch said:

Fantastic idea @KMitch, just installed a spin nozel the other day.  @Theshivinator how you like that Current USA 660 wave pump?

• Like 1
  • Theshivinator changed the title to Mark’s 25g lagoon