inTank Media Baskets

Theshivinator
3 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Typically after a cycle I do a large water change. But seeing that your nitrates are low thats not necessary. I agree w/TaterTaco 10% to start. You can always bump it up if needed. 

Just wanted to say I love your scape. Very open. Makes the tank look bigger than it is!

@Elizabeth94 thanks so much ! That was the intention keeping it nice and open! 

I plan on doing different scapes on both sides of the rocks since it can be clearly viewed from all angles. 

• Like 1
Theshivinator

Not a whole lot to update for now . 

FTS 1/28/2020 : still have a small amount of diatoms but overall tank looks clean🙃
Also picked up a small new frag of goniopora , it’s opening up slowly but surely I have it under pretty heavy flow as I read that’s what it likes 👍🏼 It’s a cool maroon/ red color with green center . 

B712BF7F-F9D4-41F3-BABC-68516AAD7572.jpeg

13F418E9-AE95-479A-8BB5-D74AED3C28E4.jpeg

• Like 3
Theshivinator

Trying to get my large RFA I had in my 2.5g pico to transfer over to this tank. Moved the whole rock he was attached to into this tank and under heavy flow , hopefully we will situate himself on to another rock in the tank 🤘🏼

6C01006F-B4B9-40DA-A2EF-FCEC74EF4E91.jpeg

• Like 2
Theshivinator

I’ve had my clowns in the tank now for almost two weeks. They’re both eating fine and look happy . 

They seem to only swim in one small corner of the tank and not really swim around the whole tank ? Is this normal for clowns ? 

6 hours ago, Theshivinator said:

I’ve had my clowns in the tank now for almost two weeks. They’re both eating fine and look happy . 

They seem to only swim in one small corner of the tank and not really swim around the whole tank ? Is this normal for clowns ? 

Depends on the clownfish... the clownfish in my Office NR tend to explore the tank during the day and then cuddle up with the thermometer at night.  The largest of the two loves to pin and balance herself between the glass thermometer and the aquarium glass all through the night as if that makes it feel safe and protected... maybe it thinks the rounded glass top of the thermometer feels strangely familiar like some sort of anemone.

The much smaller pair of clownfish in the School NR like to stay in certain corners of the tank for long periods of time.  They tend to stay either near the heater or the in-tank refugium because again, I'm assuming it makes them feel safe from imaginary predators that may be lurking out in the open waters.  I wouldn't be too concerned unless your clownfish stop swimming towards the food and eating when its feeding time.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Seadragon said:

... and then cuddle up with the thermometer at night.  The largest of the two loves to pin and balance herself between the glass thermometer and the aquarium glass all through the night as if that makes it feel safe and protected... maybe it thinks the rounded glass top of the thermometer feels strangely familiar like some sort of anemone.

Just so you can see what I have to deal with every night and that I'm not making up any stories, lol... 😄

Nemo_Sleeping1.JPG.497687ffcef493cea568456bafa1329e.JPG

Nemo_Sleeping2.thumb.JPG.59baeb5d138f52f4779cfab4efab301d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Theshivinator
8 hours ago, Seadragon said:

Just so you can see what I have to deal with every night and that I'm not making up any stories, lol... 😄

Nemo_Sleeping1.JPG.497687ffcef493cea568456bafa1329e.JPG

Nemo_Sleeping2.thumb.JPG.59baeb5d138f52f4779cfab4efab301d.JPG

Mine both do the same thing! The first night I had them almost had a heart attack haha ! Mine don’t even cuddle up with anything just the front corner of the tank . Funny clowns . Lol

• Like 2
Theshivinator
1 hour ago, Dafish said:

Filling in nicely.  Are you going to be adding more fish or just corals??

Thank you !

I’m thinking about doing one or two more small fish. Want to find something unique. Been going into World Wide Coral every week to see what they have 👍🏼. Waiting to fall in love With the right one. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Theshivinator said:

Thank you !

I’m thinking about doing one or two more small fish. Want to find something unique. Been going into World Wide Coral every week to see what they have 👍🏼. Waiting to fall in love With the right one. 

Don’t forget to check out the different types of blennies including the Tailspot Blenny.  I just love their personalities and funny antics.  You’ll stare at them and they’ll stare right back at you! 🙂

• Like 3

Lol yeah tail spot blennies are characters. my buddy has one and as soon as you walk by it gives you a funny stare and changes colors 

the blenny always wants to Know what your doing super curious 

Edited by Dafish
  • Like 1
Theshivinator
1 hour ago, Seadragon said:

Don’t forget to check out the different types of blennies including the Tailspot Blenny.  I just love their personalities and funny antics.  You’ll stare at them and they’ll stare right back at you! 🙂

52 minutes ago, Dafish said:

Lol yeah tail spot blennies are characters. my buddy has one and as soon as you walk by it gives you a funny stare and changes colors 

the blenny always wants to Know what your doing super curious 

I’ll make sure to check out blenny’s!  
thanks for the suggestion👌👍🏼
Are they known for jumping ? I don’t have a lid on my tank, so was also looking for a fish that didn’t have a strong possibility of jumping.

I always hear any fish that darts has the potential of jumping out of a tank, so that would include blennies and gobies.  I've never seen mine try to jump out, but if a fish gets scared for whatever reason, there's always that potential that it could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, Seadragon said:

I always hear any fish that darts has the potential of jumping out of a tank, so that would include blennies and gobies.  I've never seen mine try to jump out, but if a fish gets scared for whatever reason, there's always that potential that it could.

Even my clowns have jumped, either to attack my hand, go after food, or when spooked.

Mesh lid is always the safest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Theshivinator
3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Even my clowns have jumped, either to attack my hand, go after food, or when spooked.

Mesh lid is always the safest.

I’m looking into getting a mesh lid currently, don’t want any jumpers lol

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Theshivinator said:

I’m looking into getting a mesh lid currently, don’t want any jumpers lol

I love the look of no lid but I like the idea of losing fish less. Lol.

I made mine from window framing and 1/4 mesh.

Its saved my clown a few times but surprisingly my blenny made it through but landed on the mesh, so it was saved from hitting the floor and dying or becoming a kitty treat.

• Like 1
Theshivinator
9 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I love the look of no lid but I like the idea of losing fish less. Lol.

I made mine from window framing and 1/4 mesh.

Its saved my clown a few times but surprisingly my blenny made it through but landed on the mesh, so it was saved from hitting the floor and dying or becoming a kitty treat.

Yeah I went in to look at some more fish but ended up walking out with the hammer. Lol .

Don’t want to risk losing a new fish. 
Hopefully my clowns don’t decide to become acrobats anytime soon. 

Theshivinator

Happy 1 month to my tank 🎊🎉

( I’m telling myself I’m going to give myself a few weeks now to give everything time to settle In ... but we will see if that happens Haha ) 

4C95532C-0F71-4D51-A1C7-B81D62EB02C9.jpeg

• Like 6

How is this tank doing?  Are you happy with the lights?  I have a c-vue 18 nano tank and like the look of these lights but concerned on the types of corals you can keep with them. 

Theshivinator
5 hours ago, Gakarl100 said:

How is this tank doing?  Are you happy with the lights?  I have a c-vue 18 nano tank and like the look of these lights but concerned on the types of corals you can keep with them. 

The tank is doing really great 👍🏼 

I haven’t had any problems with my corals so far in the tank they all open up and look really happy everyday with the lights. I have a Duncan , hammer, goniopora, RFA, toadstool leather . 

I like the ease of the Bluetooth app , it’s easy to program. 

• Theshivinator changed the title to Mark’s 25g lagoon