Cultivated Reef

HELP! Anemone dying due to salinity drop.

chaostactics

chaostactics

3 ATO and back up failed in the on position and I ended up with a specific gravity swing from 1.025 to 1.020. The anemone has started to spew its guts through its mouth and the foot is semi detached. 

I'm working on bringing the salinity back up. But at this point would you pull the anemone so it doesnt nuke the tank (6" Heteractis, in 90 gallon water volume)  or give it the day to try and recover. No SPS or LPS in the tank just other anemones, fish, and zoa/paly.

I would remove it, but put it in a decently sized container (gallon or so, preferably more) with proper salinity water and maybe a handful of activated carbon. Give it a chance. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

I would also remove it and add more salt to the tank and make sure it is at 1.025 before you reintroduce it to the tank.

Never add salt to a tank with livestock in it. You can mix a higher concentration of saltwater to help raise salinity. 

How new is the tank and how are overall conditions?  Can you run a fresh set of tests for ca, alk, mg, no3 and po4 an post your results?  (Nutrients in particular, pls.)