Cultivated Reef

DIY Automation-Equipment, Temperaure, ph, Lights, Dosers, & ATO!

Schreiber

Hey there everyone, thought some fellow DIY'ers would enjoy my latest project! I've been running a Reef-Pi build for a couple years now, but got tired of the messy wiring & having to re-solder it every time I wanted to add a feature. Spent some time to design a circuit board that handles all the connections for me & it's made life 100x's easier. Meet Leviathan!

679467037_Unpopulated(FullBoardShrunk).thumb.JPG.280da1e0a113788525bf0a2c1324fc9a.JPG

It's been a really fun project & it's already saved me when I forgot to turn my tank heater back on after a water change. I designed & 3D printed a custom enclosure for it too.

1349521367_16Outletfromfront.thumb.JPG.265a2223dbef9d106e897629e52c0d04.JPG

I've also put a simple google site together that has video of it working & descriptions of all the features, if you're curious. 

Does anyone else out there have a DIY automation setup to get away from dropping nearly a grand on an Apex?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

That's a super cool box - I've tinkered around with raspberry pi's before, but as a developer, I've spent more time tinkering around with my Radions. Since their entire platform is cloud based, everything is running over HTTP, you can use tools like Wireshark and USBPcap to pretty easily observe everything that is going on.

If you have a ReefLink (or they release a unix version of their driver to do it over USB), you can pretty easily control your Radion using a controller you built with a pi and do all kinds of cool stuff using their "livedemo" endpoint without worrying about bricking your expensive light by programming it.

Basically, all you need to do is establish a logged in session by posting your username and password to /j_spring_security_check and it'll return a valid session (JSESSIONID) and you'll get an AWS Load Balancer cookie for a sticky session (AWSELB). From there, you can fire away requests to their "livedemo" endpoint. Different versions of Radion will have a different endpoint (for example, my old G2 Pro is /livedemo/G/241/color)

The requests are dead simple - it's plain ol' JSON. Here is what the payload looks like (I've blanked out my session info for obvious reasons):

POST /livedemo/G/241/color HTTP/1.1
Host: ecosmartlive.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
Referer: http://ecosmartlive.com/
Content-Length: 901
Cookie: allowProfileWithBLDevices=false;
AWSELB=[Stick Session Cookie Here]; 
serviceProAccountSelected=false; JSESSIONID=[Authenticated JSESSIONID Here];
Connection: keep-alive

[{"displayLabel":"UV","displayColor":"#A75AEC","colorChannelId":6,"displayIndex":1,"value":2},
{"displayLabel":"Violet","displayColor":"#A020F0","colorChannelId":8,"displayIndex":2,"value":2},
{"displayLabel":"Royal Blue","displayColor":"#183BB6","colorChannelId":3,"displayIndex":3,"value":2},
{"displayLabel":"Blue","displayColor":"#2373D4","colorChannelId":2,"displayIndex":4,"value":2},
{"displayLabel":"Cool
White","displayColor":"#F3FBFF","colorChannelId":1,"displayIndex":5,"value":1.00},
{"displayLabel":"Warm
White","displayColor":"#FFFFC3","colorChannelId":7,"displayIndex":6,"value":0.46},
{"displayLabel":"Green","displayColor":"#21B01F","colorChannelId":4,"displayIndex":7,"value":0.46},
{"displayLabel":"Hyper
Red","displayColor":"#DC2225","colorChannelId":5,"displayIndex":8,"value":0.46},
{"displayLabel":"Brightness","displayColor":"#CCCCCC","colorChannelId":0,"displayIndex":0,"value":0.76
}]

Also - EcoTech, if you read this, WTF is wrong with you? At the very least force your web authentication over SSL and keep your drivers from leaking literally everything... You'll also end up saving a boat load of money on your AWS bills and prevent people like me from doing this crap (and also all those guys doing bad things). Also, bot mitigation and security are things in 2020.... Your boilerplate ToS won't protect you from the massive GDPR fines...

• Like 1